1/1 - New Year's Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amon

Contributor
Reaction score
I haven't even had the pleasure of trying one of his HITs yet. Saw the 1 cents HITs a few months back, read the reviews, and never even bothered trying them. Welp. Sounds like they're not worth it anyways. Can't imagine seeing 7,000 of his HITs up day after day and no one's doing them, if they're even halfway decent.
Yeah its more luck of the draw than anything, you'll prescreen out on most everything but once in a while you land something. For what it's worth anything I have managed to make it through has paid decent, I've dabbled with them for short periods of time here and there when times are slow.

Reactions: Nikoratos

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
Good luck on that surgery but it is called 'recovery time' for a reason!
This is true. I have a lot of paperwork type stuff I need to do. Everything from updating passwords, going through files, locating some new recipes, oh and uhhhhh.....updating my name changes from when I got married and divorced and remarried (some of my stuff still has my maiden name). I'm horrible :D

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
I've never used sour cream but, that sounds loverly. I usually use a roux(2 tbsp butter, 2tbsp butter) Sometimes I put (minced, fine diced)onions in the butter and sweat them(pinch of salt, couple minutes) first, then add flour(making a roux).
Cook one minute to get the "raw" taste out of the flour(cooking longer can increase nuttiness, if that's your goal).
Add 2 cups milk, stirring frequently until it thickens(you have a bechamel now).
Add 2 cups of your favourite cheese, stir until it melts.(you have classic cheese sauce, substitute parm reggiano and a pinch of nutmeg, you'd have alfredo).

Flavour as you normally would(whatever your mac and cheese recipe calls for) and pour over elbows.(or whatever pasta). sprinkle with some extra cheese if you like, or breadcrumbs, or bacon, or scallions(get creative). Bake as you normally would.(375 30 minutes)

Sorry I'm not Sondi @Sondi but, hope this helps.:)
It's quite possible if I win that lottery tonight I may have to hire you as a chef. Although flying you in/out every time I want macaroni may get expensive.

Amon

Contributor
Reaction score
I've never used sour cream but, that sounds loverly. I usually use a roux(2 tbsp butter, 2tbsp butter) Sometimes I put (minced, fine diced)onions in the butter and sweat them(pinch of salt, couple minutes) first, then add flour(making a roux).
Cook one minute to get the "raw" taste out of the flour(cooking longer can increase nuttiness, if that's your goal).
Add 2 cups milk, stirring frequently until it thickens(you have a bechamel now).
Add 2 cups of your favourite cheese, stir until it melts.(you have classic cheese sauce, substitute parm reggiano and a pinch of nutmeg, you'd have alfredo).

Flavour as you normally would(whatever your mac and cheese recipe calls for) and pour over elbows.(or whatever pasta). sprinkle with some extra cheese if you like, or breadcrumbs, or bacon, or scallions(get creative). Bake as you normally would.(375 30 minutes)

I'm glad I'm not alone in the whole bechamel thing, all my family just throws cheese on the noodles and bakes it which frustrates me immensely. Thanks for restoring my faith in people.

Reactions: Liz and Jerami

HelloHello

Reaction score
This is true. I have a lot of paperwork type stuff I need to do. Everything from updating passwords, going through files, locating some new recipes, oh and uhhhhh.....updating my name changes from when I got married and divorced and remarried (some of my stuff still has my maiden name). I'm horrible :D
You know, in recognition of the fact that I am LAZY, and to reduce the guilt I always feel about not accomplishing enough, I don't make plans to do that kind of stuff when I have time off. That approach leaves me patting myself on the back for what I do get done (LOL).

Reactions: Kennedy

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Prepare to be unrestored! What is bechamel?
A classic "mother sauce" or base sauce, that can be used as a base to make other sauces like alfredo, cheddar cheese sauce, dijon cream sauce, etc.

It's the base sauce of most, if not all, cream sauces.:)

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
A classic "mother sauce" or base sauce, that can be used as a base to make other sauces like alfredo, cheddar cheese sauce, dijon cream sauce, etc.

It's the base sauce of most, if not all, cream sauces.:)
Fattening sauces are what I'm all about!

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a 36qt pot just for macaroni purposes. Makes enough to fill the freezer in one go.
I've never considered freezing pasta. Does it taste the same when recooked?

Reactions: HelloHello

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
I figure that any food you can buy that's in a frozen dinner can be frozen and then reheated. Omelets for example freeze well.
True. I just don't cook much, so I'm not sure what freezes well and what doesn't.

Reactions: HelloHello and Liz

Amon

Contributor
Reaction score
I've never considered freezing pasta. Does it taste the same when recooked?
I've never had an issue with it, I don't do it terribly often though. Its usually only when I have the strange desire to make 20lbs of macaroni for some odd reason, rough end weight of course. Yes, I'm fairly impulsive. That's also why I have a chest freezer filled with chocolate. I mean who doesn't require 50lbs of chocolate sitting around at a given time.

Liz

Babysitter
Contributor
Reaction score

THANK YOU!!!! 2019 goal, learn to cook to lure pregnant women

Liz

Babysitter
Contributor
Reaction score
I have to go back to work tomorrow after almost 2 weeks off :( Other than the holiday stuff, I got so little done these two weeks. This happens every time. I get like a kid with school out. But, I have a surgery in February that will get me up to 6 weeks off. SURELY I can get some stuff done then? :ahhh::spin::spaz:
Same here, I had 2 days of purging things in the house and got overwhelmed and stopped. Back to the job tomorrow..ugh

Status
Not open for further replies.