Not open for further replies.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
It's probably a change in management and they have someone who is playing Candy Crush instead of looking after mturk. They need someone in there that has some marketing background, turn this robot thing around, and inform those companies and universities that don't know about the wonders of mturk.
That was the issue before.

Before a large amount of us got it in May 2017 it hadn't been handed out to anyone since December 2015.

That May 2017 handout was so strange.

I would estimate that over night this forum went from being like 10-20% masters to 80% masters.
Of course that ratio has gone back the other way now that so many have left for TH.

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
And I just wanted to brag that I made a lot of money this week while being :bode:

:D

They were handing it out pretty regularly to people like around a year ago.
We would see a couple of people in the 50k-100k+ approved range get it every few weeks.

Been very dry since then.
To me, you are like the Gold Standard of Turking.

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
That was the issue before.

Before a large amount of us got it in May 2017 it hadn't been handed out to anyone since December 2015.

That May 2017 handout was so strange.

I would estimate that over night this forum went from being like 10-20% masters to 80% masters.
Of course that ratio has gone back the other way now that so many have left for TH.
I take it TH is another forum? I looked up a very busy one a few weeks ago, and it was almost overwhelming how many posts there were.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I take it TH is another forum? I looked up a very busy one a few weeks ago, and it was almost overwhelming how many posts there were.
Turkhub

Reactions: Kennedy

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
I feel partly responsible. I won hit poster, and the whole system broke down.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Yes.
Most of our top talent (shitposters) got sick of the way things were going around here and left in the last year or so.
RIP to the golden age of MTC.

Reactions: Kennedy

splishsplash

40 Something Doomer Giver of bad advice
Reaction score
I got this qual, I know it's earnings posting time but for those interested: Thanks Kennedy @Kennedy
You are receiving this email because a requester has granted you the following qualification:

Qualification: Third-party annotation
Requester: ICSI Usable Security and Privacy
Qualification Value: 80

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I got this qual, I know it's earnings posting time but for those interested: Thanks Kennedy @Kennedy
You are receiving this email because a requester has granted you the following qualification:

Batch is up now.

Reactions: splishsplash

EnterNameHere

Contributor
Reaction score

Snap 'em up before they cut the pay to .10c :wink:

splishsplash

40 Something Doomer Giver of bad advice
Reaction score
I would like to be masters soon. My account was made just over 1 years time ago. Should I be expecting it soon? I have over 1000 hits approved and have yet to be rejected on ANY of my work.
To be fair, 1000 HITs these days is a lot different than 1000 HITs just two years ago, or in 2014 when I started.
I would say I had 1000 HITs in 3 days.
Open-Qual batches are almost not a thing and they are almost gone immediately.

There were also huge low-level batches always laying around, and those companies moved that off-platform. No sweat, they were terrible HITs to do only if you had NOTHIGN else to do, but they were numbers and a good way to get numbers up. I got over 1000 as soon as I looked at Quals (which you used to be able to search) and realized the benefits.

As far as TH, they are ok, you can filter all the non-work posts, but they're also a Cool Kids Club which is not terrible but has also taken away from mTurk.

Ain't what she used to be, by golly.

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
As far as TH, they are ok, you can filter all the non-work posts, but they're also a Cool Kids Club which is not terrible but has also taken away from mTurk.
There's a view hits only option here too,

Reactions: splishsplash

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I'm working on these too. No review on TO, anybody know what their rejection rate is? I've got enough in my que to ruin me.
They are a new requester with no reviews.
Embrace your fears.

Status
Not open for further replies.