09/30 - Shapes Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarfoxJ

Contributor
Reaction score
I hear you but, that's just a random percentage because some requesters respond 100% of the time. I, personally, get responses about 70% of the time. Can't really form a rule based on past experience because each requester has their own response rate, if that is such a thing. I'm just saying that, regardless of any answer anyone here can give you, it's always worth a shot to message the requester because they're the only ones who can give a definitive answer. I'm just promoting safe turk practices since, with today's mass rejection, a lot of newer people broke one of the cardinal rules(Don't risk more than you're willing to lose with an "unknown" requester), and will have a hell of a time trudging back up to 99%. Of course it's always good to ask here but, I always say, "Take everything that you hear here with a large grain of salt." There are caveats and exceptions to most every rule and, bottom line, I'm usually only going to accept an answer as fact, if I get it straight from the horses mouth, so to speak.:) But, since you are the one who's going to eat the rejection if you get bad info from a well meaning person, it's really your choice as to which information you are going to include in your decision making process.
I guess, bottom line, it only takes a second to cc a requester with the same question posted here. Then you'll have both answers.:wink:

I just want everyone to be able to turk for as long as they'd like and hate to see new people tank their accounts over something that could be prevented.:)
(not you "new" I mean non avatar people.:p)
who mass rejected today? First time logging i n .

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
You're jaded-ing wrong.

ftfy :p
I was too lazy to get my preferences, yo gif cause I'd have to minimize wow to find chrome >.>

edit: I forum in firefox >.>

Reactions: Jerami and savvy

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
Well, I've got two HITs running in PC and five in HIT Catcher. I'll let those run, but aside from that I'm calling it a day.
Many thanks to all those Turkers who went our of their way to help other Turkers!!!

... Sure want my neighbors to bring by my gallon of cold milk and bags of ice (fridge not working). Then maybe I can eat some food.

:bolt:

Dill

Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from University of Michigan Soar Lab for work related to 37G6BXQPLR5VIRS2HYUJQGWAT4UQE9.
The value of your bonus is: $4.50 USD

The Requester included this note:
Bonus for completing the main task. Thanks!

Cannot remember what this was for, But i'll take it. :celebrate2:

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
... Sure want my neighbors to bring by my gallon of cold milk and bags of ice (fridge not working). Then maybe I can eat some food.

:bolt:
Sure hope you have some possum stew to go with that cold milk!

Reactions: ChristopherASA

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Title: Quick survey | Accept
Requester: b-research [A16C9E7DVXREJ0] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=4.11] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=11] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=11.87] [Pen=1.00 days] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.25
Duration: 3600
Available: 20
Description: -
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.12
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
1 minute.[/td][/tr]

Reactions: EnterNameHere

EnterNameHere

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Survey about Robots | Accept
Requester: Dylan Moore [A3KM5GU8XY6KTC] Contact
TO: [Pay=4.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=6] [ToS=0]
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 1800
Available: 1
Description: Watch a series of short videos and respond to what you see.
Qualifications: Participant in Robot Video Study DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Bots on bots on bots[/td][/tr]

edit: 5 minutes

Last edited:
Reactions: C to the J

turkinusa

Reaction score
I hear you but, that's just a random percentage because some requesters respond 100% of the time. I, personally, get responses about 70% of the time. Can't really form a rule based on past experience because each requester has their own response rate, if that is such a thing. I'm just saying that, regardless of any answer anyone here can give you, it's always worth a shot to message the requester because they're the only ones who can give a definitive answer. I'm just promoting safe turk practices since, with today's mass rejection, a lot of newer people broke one of the cardinal rules(Don't risk more than you're willing to lose with an "unknown" requester), and will have a hell of a time trudging back up to 99%. Of course it's always good to ask here but, I always say, "Take everything that you hear here with a large grain of salt." There are caveats and exceptions to most every rule and, bottom line, I'm usually only going to accept an answer as fact, if I get it straight from the horses mouth, so to speak.:) But, since you are the one who's going to eat the rejection if you get bad info from a well meaning person, it's really your choice as to which information you are going to include in your decision making process.
I guess, bottom line, it only takes a second to cc a requester with the same question posted here. Then you'll have both answers.:wink:

I just want everyone to be able to turk for as long as they'd like and hate to see new people tank their accounts over something that could be prevented.:)
(not you "new" I mean non avatar people.:p)
fair enough. didn't want to waste panda resources on a hit i'd have to toss back

although, honestly, no one here should ever really pay attention to a guy with an angry honking goose as his avy. that's probably asking for trouble

Reactions: jklmnop and Jerami

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Title: Quick survey | Accept
Requester: b-research [A16C9E7DVXREJ0] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=4.11] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=11] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=11.87] [Pen=1.00 days] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.35
Duration: 3600
Available: 3
Description: -
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
1 minute.[/td][/tr]

Reactions: Starslip

turkinusa

Reaction score
for all the people getting that first mass reject, 411richmond and ibotta turk penny hits don't have quals. also, the 2 cent 411s are super underpaid but they'll always approve. (unless you're scammin, scammer.)

Reactions: Jerami
Status
Not open for further replies.