09/27 - Turmeric Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fragments

Reaction score
I really don't think I could face doing it again . . . I find some HITs leave me feeling quite incompetent . . .
Oh trust me, I don't want to do it again by any means. Especially after doing it already and not knowing if they are going to do anything about it. I may have just wasted tons of time. We'll see.

Reactions: HelloHello

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I've put in my ID many times and emailed a requester.

But since the completely unfounded bot scare I find myself returning hits if I don't get a code. I hate doing work for free, but I don't want a rejection.

Sucks that you got rejected. Requesters aren't so willing to be flexible any longer.
Only rejections I've got since the bot scare were 2 broken surveys and 1 writing hit that I totally fucked up on.

Romantic Grapefruit

Shhhhh. You don't have to tell anyone.
Banned
Reaction score
Only rejections I've got since the bot scare were 2 broken surveys and 1 writing hit that I totally fucked up on.
I'm wondering if this new blanket screening option more and more requesters are using (location) has affected your household, or if you don't both turk enough anymore for it to be an issue. I was reading on a Prime blog that the option can adversely catch a lot of people turking from the same building. Or if any other turkers on this forum have run into that issue at all? I'm seeing it become more prevalent and can only assume that since this whole issue has basically stemmed from bad/duplicate location data in their results, that it'll only be more common going forward. In any case you don't rely as much on surveys as some so you may not get hit by it as much as some households.

Reactions: C to the J

Kliq

Reaction score
Just got this little son of a bitch in the mail and I'm filled with like 10 gallons of nostalgia.

They sure don't make piggy banks like this anymore, Kliq @Kliq
RadioShack? *sips* Now THAT was a store you could rely on.

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
are these good? it feels like they suck, but alexandia or watever her name is is green on hitscraper, so theres that

Title: What just happened? -- Complete a single unfinished story! | PANDA
Requester: Alexandria [A12DWLY5TD1002] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 5.00 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.57 Generosity
★★★★ 4.75 Fairness
★★★★ 4.64 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 38 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Complete a single unfinished story.
Time: 3600
HITs Available: 43
Reward: $0.07
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95;Total approved HITs GreaterThan 5000;Location EqualTo US

Reactions: Starslip

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I'm wondering if this new blanket screening option more and more requesters are using (location) has affected your household, or if you don't both turk enough anymore for it to be an issue. I was reading on a Prime blog that the option can adversely catch a lot of people turking from the same building. Or if any other turkers on this forum have run into that issue at all? I'm seeing it become more prevalent and can only assume that since this whole issue has basically stemmed from bad/duplicate location data in their results, that it'll only be more common going forward. In any case you don't rely as much on surveys as some so you may not get hit by it as much as some households.
As far as Turkprime goes it's always been an issue for us for years with them only allowing one person IP.
Sometimes we would have follow up surveys that would even do that....and we'd have to message it out and get it sorted.

That said Gina really doesn't do surveys anymore since having Mia unless it's something like the $16 survey comets.
But I could imagine turker couples would likely get quite a few unfair rejections from the bot scare.

masterx1234

Contributor
Reaction score
are these good? it feels like they suck, but alexandia or watever her name is is green on hitscraper, so theres that

TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 3.57 Generosity
★★★★ 4.75 Fairness
★★★★ 4.64 Promptness
Submit a new TO review
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95;Total approved HITs GreaterThan 5000;Location EqualTo US
These seem like crap, but if your a fast typist and can think fast then they are worth it.

Reactions: Kennedy

GTR

Reaction score
League Rank
Gold: ( # 1 / 88 )

damn right

GTR

Reaction score
TC Rank
# 9 / 96 ( Top 9% )

i'll catch up

Romantic Grapefruit

Banned
Reaction score
As far as Turkprime goes it's always been an issue for us for years with them only allowing one person IP.
Sometimes we would have follow up surveys that would even do that....and we'd have to message it out and get it sorted.

That said Gina really doesn't do surveys anymore since having Mia unless it's something like the $16 survey comets.
But I could imagine turker couples would likely get quite a few unfair rejections from the bot scare.
In case anyone hasn't read the articles and wants to.

https://blog.turkprime.com/turkprime-tools-to-help-combat-responses-from-suspicious-geolocations
https://blog.turkprime.com/after-th...h-data-collection-on-mturk-and-how-to-stop-it

It's gone beyond Prime now to where they have two new requester tools to address the bot scare, that work with geolocation data. And they've been tracking down server farms and stuff like that. Interesting reads! But yeah it's good that you guys don't have to worry about it. Batches are more valuable than ever haha. I'm hoping we see more of them going into October. Those Wolfes earlier disappeared fast af.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
In case anyone hasn't read the articles and wants to.

https://blog.turkprime.com/turkprime-tools-to-help-combat-responses-from-suspicious-geolocations
https://blog.turkprime.com/after-th...h-data-collection-on-mturk-and-how-to-stop-it

It's gone beyond Prime now to where they have two new requester tools to address the bot scare, that work with geolocation data. And they've been tracking down server farms and stuff like that. Interesting reads! But yeah it's good that you guys don't have to worry about it. Batches are more valuable than ever haha. I'm hoping we see more of them going into October. Those Wolfes earlier disappeared fast af.
Wasn't that there was a lot of people on them, it was that it was the smallest batch I've ever seen from him.

Romantic Grapefruit

Banned
Reaction score
Wasn't that there was a lot of people on them, it was that it was the smallest batch I've ever seen from him.
Ah. I saw it a few minutes later and thought the hit finder numbers adjusted as they sometimes seem to. Maybe there's hope yet.

Princess Gina Marie

Contributor
Reaction score
:thinking:

Reactions: Romantic Grapefruit

GRR

Reaction score

TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 3.57 Generosity
★★★★ 4.75 Fairness
★★★★ 4.64 Promptness
Submit a new TO review

GRR

Reaction score
they are safe..45 seconds each...i have done many of them...yes she wants you to think..but always pays in 3 day days

Reactions: thedorchannel
Status
Not open for further replies.