Title: Rate and Do Tasks (~ 8 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: On Amir [A7KO97DQ21O0U] (Req TV): $10.38/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
In this study you will do a task!
Time: 30 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 2
Reward: $0.75
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [890881128-172853] DoesNotExist ; Location In CAUS; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95;
HIT Time: 6 minutes
Must be able to listen to audio

Last edited:
Reactions: aveline

4ourfuture

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Opinion study(~ 3 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: J N [AL9XTUAY2PZGZ] (Req TV): $12.38/hr/hr
Description:
Give us you opinion on a hypothetical scenario
Time: 30 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 29
Reward: $0.30
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50; Exc: [173560-172971] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US;

Reactions: aveline

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Masters get higher payment for their work? Seems like a worthwhile study...
Higher payment means stuff like this pays 2c instead of 1c. It's why masters are all rich.

Title: Parse information from email signatures | Accept
Requester: Steven Lu [A3J0L0HUVI9TCW] Contact
TV: Hrly=$1.41 | Pay=Underpaid | Approval=Unrated | Comm=Unrated | Rej=0 | Blk=0
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.02
Duration: 10:00
Available: 15
Description: Please parse the name, company name, title, and phone number from the email
Qualifications: Masters Exists ; Location EqualTo US

SarahAshlee90

Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Higher payment means stuff like this pays 2c instead of 1c. It's why masters are all rich.

Title: Parse information from email signatures | Accept
Requester: Steven Lu [A3J0L0HUVI9TCW] Contact
TV: Hrly=$1.41 | Pay=Underpaid | Approval=Unrated | Comm=Unrated | Rej=0 | Blk=0
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.02
Duration: 10:00
Available: 15
Description: Please parse the name, company name, title, and phone number from the email
Qualifications: Masters Exists ; Location EqualTo US
CR qual has paid me 300 this week. Masters has paid me 0. These guys are completely clueless.

alk69

Reaction score
CR qual has paid me 300 this week. Masters has paid me 0. These guys are completely clueless.
Masters is nothing more than a sales technique for Amazon...to ask for more payment for the same thing. Change the color of the merchandise and charge more.

Trucker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Rate the skill of a surgeon shown on a video clip | PANDA
Requester: C-SATS, Inc [A15ZSKX8TUCGEU] (Req TV): $7.46/hr/hr
Description:
This is a research study where you watch a video clip of a surgical procedure (no patient or surgeon identification is shown) and rate the skill level of the surgeon. (undefined)
Time: 45 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 2
Reward: $0.38
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; C-SATS Block DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US;

C_SAT's.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
I'm willing to bet half a ham sandwich our batch work is better though.
It's kinda funny. Every time I see studies like this it's always related to surveys. Researchers always talk about MTurk like as if the workers that participate in their studies are an accurate representation of the entire workforce. I suppose, to them, those people are all that matter, but I can't help but feel like when they release stuff like this it can have negative repercussions that affect everyone, including that huge population of workers that they didn't even bother to study.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
It's kinda funny. Every time I see studies like this it's always related to surveys. Researchers always talk about MTurk like as if the workers that participate in their studies are an accurate representation of the entire workforce. I suppose, to them, those people are all that matter, but I can't help but feel like when they release stuff like this it can have negative repercussions that affect everyone, including that huge population of workers that they didn't even bother to study.
Studies like this for sure put me in a snitches get stitches mode.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Yeah, I've had one of the best weeks that I've had in a while and I'm not sure if I've even done a single masters HIT this week. It has all been other quals.

cb456

Let's do some hits!
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
one of my pet peeves is when they ask how many studies I've completed. as if I keep track of those separately from the other batch hits I do, or want to go through my work history and break it out (and potentially break those out from opinion polls as well...)

Last edited:

Barbwire

Averagely-known member
Contributor
Reaction score
plz tweet this to him

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
one of my pet peeves is when they ask how many studies I've completed. af if I keep track of those separately from the other batch hits I do, or want to go through my work history and break it out (and potentially break those out from opinion polls as well...)
When that question is bubbles and the max is 50 or 100.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
I wonder how much the surveys they put up to study workers even paid. That can have a huge impact on work quality and they probably don't even realize it.

cb456

Let's do some hits!
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
I wonder how much the surveys they put up to study workers even paid. That can have a huge impact on work quality and they probably don't even realize it.
or how complicated the task is. I'm sure the data looks really similar the lower the complexity.

Status
Not open for further replies.