09/27 - Fork Yeah Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alk69

Reaction score
Good afternoon fellow Turks. I have a questions - is anyone aware of any statistical information of Mechanical Turk workers? Specifically anything by state.
You know, years ago there was a map that marked where each worker was located. I don't remember who did it, and I don't have a bookmark, since that was a couple of computers ago....But I do remember that it was out there..somewhere... Maybe some one else will have a better idea of a link. If it's still findable.

It seems to me that it was some kinda research project.? I do remember that the map would change as more were entered on it. And everyone was looking for their own location.

Last edited:

Castor

Reaction score
Turk is terrible this week! On the plus side my grass seed is coming in nicely. Every time I get frustrated about how slow work is I go out and tell my new baby blades of grass how wonderful they are. I'm getting lots of fitbit steps in talking to grass :joyful:

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Short decision-making task with payment up to $5.50. Guaranteed $1.5 payment. | PANDA
Requester: Sam [A3HOXGDFSFPE3Z] [TurkerView]
Description: This task will ask you to undertake a management decision. If you correctly answer 4 exercise questions, then you will earn a bonus of $1. You will then play a the main game which can earn you up to an additional $3 based on your decision.
Duration: ~40min
Reward: $1.50 + $2.70 Bonus
Qualifications:
  • Masters Exists
  • NASA or Cruises DoesNotExist
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 97,
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThan 5000,
  • Location EqualTo US,
HIT Time: 6 min, 2 sec
Catchability: Expiring Now
Pros: up to $1 for correct comprehension questions, the rest from RNG

afallstarxfall

Spoonfeeder
Social Butterfly
Very Versatile
Reaction score
Title: Academic Survey(~ 7 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Oleg Urminsky [A2UT64NH2GJ8XQ] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$18.13] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Excellent] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.46] [Fast=4.94] [Comm=4.82] [Fair=4.93] [Reviews=168] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 46
Description: Please answer a few questions, giving us your responses to some stimuli.
Qualifications: Exc: [-611912286-173026] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Are there any decent filler/number padding HITs left anymore?
Those get wrecked by the most desperate among us now.
Filler batches used to sit for a while.

Now there is always another hungrier dog.

Reactions: cb456 and MirrorMan

Yatagarasu

all up in the videos, all on the records, dancin'
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Last edited:

cb456

Let's do some hits!
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Views and Preferences(~ 7 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Nate Cheek [A20FNDOAL4RK6N] [TurkerView]
Description: A brief survey about judgments
Duration: ~45min
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications:
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100
  • Exc: [-719201628-173030] DoesNotExis
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95
  • Location In US
HIT Time: 2 min, 48 sec
Catchability: Great

angel22_99

Reaction score
Those get wrecked by the most desperate among us now.
Filler batches used to sit for a while.

Now there is always another hungrier dog.
I actually just came on to post a question just like this. I only have a little more than 500 hits and I'm looking to increase that. I was doing a lot of those "Explain a Story regular largescale" but not only are they a huge pain, but the requester emailed me and said I'm not doing a good enough job on my generalizations....so he only bonused me $.01. Whereas last week he emailed me last week and said I did really well Whatever. I feel stupid. I also feel like all of a sudden, I don't understand English and I don't actually speak any other languages...

Should I try again, or is that dangerous? I have 5 rejects so far (in other things, mostly my stupid error) and would not like anymore, but I need Christmas money and want to get my numbers up. All I've been doing lately are surveys... Right now, I don't mind only earning pennies if its for the greater good, I just don't want to make my record look worse.

Reactions: C to the J

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I actually just came on to post a question just like this. I only have a little more than 500 hits and I'm looking to increase that. I was doing a lot of those "Explain a Story regular largescale" but not only are they a huge pain, but the requester emailed me and said I'm not doing a good enough job on my generalizations....so he only bonused me $.01. Whereas last week he emailed me last week and said I did really well Whatever. I feel stupid. I also feel like all of a sudden, I don't understand English and I don't actually speak any other languages...

Should I try again, or is that dangerous? I have 5 rejects so far (in other things, mostly my stupid error) and would not like anymore, but I need Christmas money and want to get my numbers up. All I've been doing lately are surveys... Right now, I don't mind only earning pennies if its for the greater good, I just don't want to make my record look worse.
I would say contact them and ask them how you can approve if you want to continue working for them.
Accept a HIT and then click the name in the top left, contact will be at the bottom of the pop up page.

Status
Not open for further replies.