09/24 - Tinted Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenny_mturk1

Reaction score
My daily goal is $5, I like to try for $25/week. I don't have masters. I wish I knew what got you masters so I at least had a goal to try for lol
Lol oh I wish I had masters, I've been turking for 3 years and I still am at the same spot as day 1.

I think the masters is just given to some people. :/

Reactions: Binxybaby

Binxybaby

Reaction score
Lol oh I wish I had masters, I've been turking for 3 years and I still am at the same spot as day 1.

Same here, been doing it since 2017, and I've submitted over 3k HITs :shrug:

Reactions: jenny_mturk1

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
To make it through the day without hating myself, and one day I’ll reach that goal.

But seriously, $10 on days that I turk. No masters.
I am absolutely shook that you don't have masters.

Also your goal is a good goal.

The first one not the $10 one.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
That's great! So how do you get this masters? My impression is - it is given at random.
It seems random to us only because we don't know. I'm sure they use some sort of algorithm to determine who gets it and who doesn't. The only thing I would suggest is work on lots of different stuff and make sure you're submitting decent quality work. I've noticed that the people that pretty much only ever do surveys seem to get masters much less often. Aside from that, just be patient. I waited a couple years to get it and I had over 40k approved HITs by then. And I would probably be considered one of the lucky ones. A lot of people wait much, much longer.

chuchotant

I made that batch faaamous
Reaction score
for those wi

Before I got masters, I did $60-$80 per day and had many $100 days (the good ole zoltar/google days). I was on all day and night,whenever I could get hits. Back then, there were a lot of requesters, quals were key, like major key. Since I got masters, I stopped turking for a year or so and now I do about $100 a week. I say all that to say, your daily goal is not determined by masters alone. I was hungry back then. I soaked up every bit of information I could. I even learned how to code ( a little bit) and I am not a technical person at all. But I was hungry.

jenny_mturk1

Reaction score
It seems random to us only because we don't know. I'm sure they use some sort of algorithm to determine who gets it and who doesn't. The only thing I would suggest is work on lots of different stuff and make sure you're submitting decent quality work. I've noticed that the people that pretty much only ever do surveys seem to get masters much less often. Aside from that, just be patient. I waited a couple years to get it and I had over 40k approved HITs by then. And I would probably be considered one of the lucky ones. A lot of people wait much, much longer.
Thank you for the advice! I have about ~20K HITS submitted and approved. I think I should wait a little longer, and hope to get lucky soon!

Thanks again for the advice!!

Reactions: Binxybaby

KYKITTY

Contributor
Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from ETH DeSciL for work related to 33EEIIWHK78VULVU9S7CVIKVPDHQV3.
The value of your bonus is: $2.00 USD

The Requester included this note:
Bonus for 'Communication and Allocation of Money'. Thanks for your participation.

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

Status
Not open for further replies.