09/24 - Mascarpone Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Back when I used to have to do hiring interviews, one of the questions that I was required to ask was, "On a scale of 1 to 10, how much do you really want to work here?" I thought it was such a stupid question because I figured everyone was just going to lie anyway. I was pretty shocked at how many people said like 1 or 2, or whatever. I would just think, "Do you even want a job???"
You have to give them points for honesty...then remove those points for lack of intelligence

ThatsNotMyName

Is it Nap time yet?
Contributor
Reaction score
When I did hiring I had some of the craziest interviews. People would be so willing to do a background or drug test and then when they fail say that it was a lie, or that the doctors office had a defective kit. Some people would say they had their identity stolen and were never in prison.

People would even bring a form and ask us to sign i. "Hey i dont wanna really work here but the state makes me show that I went to an interview. So, can you please sign it and then not hire me"

Edit: One girl went to prison on a weapons charge. She was trading drus for BIG GUNS. She told me.. "He said he wasnt a cop, which is sooo illegal dude. So I am going to sue them. I just need money for the lawyer"

^^ Im pretty sure she was high

Last edited:

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
People would even bring a form and ask us to sign i. "Hey i dont wanna really work here but the state makes me show that I went to an interview. So, can you please sign it and then not hire me"
Ever tell them "I like your gumption, you got the job!" just to watch their faces fall?

Reactions: aveline and Jaded

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
When I did hiring I had some of the craziest interviews. People would be so willing to do a background or drug test and then when they fail say that it was a lie, or that the doctors office had a defective kit. Some people would say they had their identity stolen and were never in prison.

I had a lot of that sort of stuff, too. It was pretty eye-opening, seeing how people conducted themselves in job interviews and stuff. I had one person show up to the interview so fucking high that he couldn't even understand half the questions that I was asking. He just kept giggling to himself and mumbling, "Whoa, this is crazy." He even called back like a week later to ask if he got the job or not.

lolkatB

Contributor
Reaction score
Hypothetically? Theoretically?

one of those
I think a hypothesis is a theory that hasn't been proved. Ex-hub wrote his Ph.D. Thesis proving his original hypothesis.

I don't think theories care about proof. I think theories are fake ideas.

Last edited:

GTR

Reaction score
I just googled myself and found out that i'm not wanted in 49 states

Beak

Reaction score
"How badly do you want this job?"
"Well, I've turked for several years..."
"Say no more. I'm so sorry"
Would you believe me if I told you I did this for fun?

Reactions: cb456

cb456

Let's do some hits!
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I get so much respect when I tell people what I do for money.
here is how to spin it:
I turk/take surveys for money .... BECOMES... I'm involved in psychological research
I take public opinion polls ... BECOMES... I'm politically active
I write out short repetitive sentences... BECOMES... I do work training Artificial Intelligence
I draw bounding boxes... BECOMES.... I improve visual recognition technologies.
I take jury sruveys... BECOMES... I'm a mock juror OR I'm practically a lawyer.

see. live the delusion :)

Status
Not open for further replies.