09/23 - Money Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jan

Reaction score
I was thinking about this since you mentioned it. I had to look it up because I'm certain this is not hte jackfruit that I grew up eating. My jackfruit is a fruit and really sweet and juicy. What is going on?

Edit: remesh gave me permission to take a nap. Just woke up. Am reading through the discussion on jackfruit.
It was sort of given to me - But it's the fruit. It's very commonly used in vegan and vegetarian recipes. I don't know what else they do to it - but it appears to be the 'insides' of the fruit.

WillowWolf

Mischief Managed
Contributor
Reaction score
I was thinking about this since you mentioned it. I had to look it up because I'm certain this is not hte jackfruit that I grew up eating. My jackfruit is a fruit and really sweet and juicy. What is going on?

Edit: remesh gave me permission to take a nap. Just woke up. Am reading through the discussion on jackfruit.
I've had it raw and found it to be very sweet, but cooked tasted like meat to me. I can't eat it cooked.

chuchotant

I made that batch faaamous
Reaction score
It was sort of given to me - But it's the fruit. It's very commonly used in vegan and vegetarian recipes. I don't know what else they do to it - but it appears to be the 'insides' of the fruit.
ok, do the vegans cook it when its not ripe? WillowWolf @Willow Ok, I see, I have never had it cooked (or even thought to cook it). thanks for the education, guys!
On another note I learned that Nigerians only eat the seeds of breadfruit once it has over ripened to spoiling, but we jamaicans eat the flesh of the breadfruit when it is unripened.

Edit: I say that only to say we can all have different experiences with the same produce.

WillowWolf

Mischief Managed
Contributor
Reaction score
ok, do the vegans cook it when its not ripe? WillowWolf @Willow Ok, I see, I have never had it cooked (or even thought to cook it). thanks for the education, guys!
On another note I learned that Nigerians only eat the seeds of breadfruit once it has over ripened to spoiling, but we jamaicans eat the flesh of the breadfruit when it is unripened.

Edit: I say that only to say we can all have different experiences with the same produce.
I've never cooked with it personally. Someone else did, and I couldn't eat it. The few times I've had it raw was given to me or at an event. I've never bought it fresh....I would have no idea how to even tell when it's ripe. lol I have bought it dehydrated from nuts.com and found it to be sweet and delicious though. It's like a sweet, chewy jerky. I've heard the seeds are awesome, but I've never had them.

MarkC

Stay awhile and listen.
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Survey of Technology for Prescription AdherenceAccept
Requester: Jacob Biehl [A2G7MG0JQUWEGN] Contact
TV: $36.60/hr TO: n/a TO2: n/a
Reward: $4.00
Duration: an hour
Available: 1
Description: Questions about current prescription adherence practices and opportunity provide feedback on the value of potential technology interventions
Qualifications: Exclude Initial 20 DoesNotExist ; Masters Exists ; Location EqualTo US
HIT Time: 10:00 taking my time even.

afallstarxfall

Spoonfeeder
Social Butterfly
Very Versatile
Reaction score
Title: Search Results Survey, REQUIRES SMARTPHONE | Accept
Requester: AQ Surveys [A1W6N0XR97E0Q4] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$20.13] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.33] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=8] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 3383
Description: -
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90

Robedom

Reaction score
Does anyone else who runs turkernator run into the issue where a full queue causing the catcher to stop?

afallstarxfall

Spoonfeeder
Social Butterfly
Very Versatile
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about your Internet use | Accept
Requester: victoria Kisekka [A20Q5JI9QEBTTI] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$17.98] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=1-3 days] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Give us your opinion about your experiences with information sharing and privacy concerns with online service providers
Qualifications: Location EqualTo US

MarkC

Stay awhile and listen.
Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone else who runs turkernator run into the issue where a full queue causing the catcher to stop?
I've had the catcher stop on me. That could have been the reason but I didn't make the connection at the time.

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
apparently last week was Asthma Peak Week.... where it's a perfect storm of terrible allergens.

I'm having it this week though as I cannot breathe and I'm miserable.
I lost my voice at the concert last night. You can’t not be loud at an Iron Maiden show. Bruce Dickinson will mock you.

Robedom

Reaction score
I've had the catcher stop on me. That could have been the reason but I didn't make the connection at the time.
Yeah it's annoying, the queue will fill and then the captcha will come up and then I enter it and the catcher just won't work anymore. I have to restart the application.

Status
Not open for further replies.