09/19 - Worcestershire Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
fuck me, just got a call from the wife, cancer is back. not sure where it's at. scared
I'm so sorry you two are going through this... :( Your wife is a strong lady and I am imagining her beating cancer's ass. If you need someone to talk to, my PM box is always open. :hug:

Tandem In Time

Tandem in Space
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
:help: Dear dear dear :( I rebooted my Chrome and now everything is gone, including my "work page" set of links to stuff like the Amazon Payments site that we use to transfer our earnings to the bank (not the one that we might use to buy stuff), all the bookmarks fI had for work, and the like.

Is there anyway to get back our old setups back? If this is a bit confusing, I understand. Right now I'm totally flummoxed.
Can you explain how you "rebooted Chrome"? Simply closing and re-opening it shouldn't wipe all of that stuff. However, if you went deeper into the Chrome options and chose to "Reset Browser Settings" then your stuff is more likely gone... unless it is sync'ed to your Gmail account.

Reactions: ChristopherASA

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Title: 3 min academic research study about consumer purchase behavior ($0.35). | Accept
Requester: Nevena T Koukova [A3CRORYIBG4T8O] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$9.40] [Pay=3.50] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.09] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=28] [ToS=1]
TO2: [Hrly=7.20] [Pen=1.00 days] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.35
Duration: 1800
Available: 1
Description: The purpose of this research is to learn more about the decision making process people use to evaluate and choose products. The procedure involves reading a product description and filling out a survey that will take approximately 3 minutes to complete.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 5000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 97; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.12
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
2.5 minutes.[/td][/tr]

Reactions: Kliq and 4ourfuture

Tandem In Time

Tandem in Space
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
fuck me, just got a call from the wife, cancer is back. not sure where it's at. scared
Sorry to hear the distressing news. We'll keep our fingers crossed for your wife. Any type of cancer diagnosis is really fucking scary (speaking from personal experience), but take heart that the treatment options for cervical cancer (any stage/location/recurrence) are really effective. Have faith in your wife's medical team that they will do whatever they can to help her beat this.

Reactions: Devil_Dawg

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
Well, shit, Devil_Dawg @Devil_Dawg ! Crap. Fully understand "scared." [sigh] I know this is almost a useless sentiment, but if there is anything I can do to lessen the weight on you shoulders, just ask please. :(

Reactions: Devil_Dawg

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Title: Consumer Food Choices | Accept
Requester: alexis [A1P2O7QAN80Q5C] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 2.00
Duration: 3600
Description: We are conducting a research study to learn more about food and drink choices made by consumers. We would like to ask you some questions about your food and beverage choices. We are looking for women between the ages of 30-60 years old that live in the US
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
Can you explain how you "rebooted Chrome"? Simply closing and re-opening it shouldn't wipe all of that stuff. However, if you went deeper into the Chrome options and chose to "Reset Browser Settings" then your stuff is more likely gone... unless it is sync'ed to your Gmail account.
I had too many tabs open and it wouldn't function. So I opened Task Manger and used "End Task) to close Chrome with that. Didn't use Reset Browser Settings at all. I've used TM hundreds of times for the same reason and never had a problem.

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Title: Attitudes towards a Criminal Trial | Accept
Requester: Nathan Nguyen [A2IERDQTGMKOVC] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 3600
Description: The purpose of this study is to examine attitudes towards criminal trials and how they may influence your cognitive performance in other situations.
Qualifications: None
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Devil_Dawg

Marine, Husband, Father, Grand Father
Contributor
Reaction score
I had too many tabs open and it wouldn't function. So I opened Task Manger and used "End Task) to close Chrome with that. Didn't use Reset Browser Settings at all. I've used TM hundreds of times for the same reason and never had a problem.
have you tried turning your computer off and on?

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
try typing

chrome://restart

in the address bar, might do it. Could also try restarting you computer, that sometimes helps.

Tandem In Time

Tandem in Space
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Weird. Task Manager shouldn't cause Chrome to be wiped out . Have you subsequently tried rebooting your computer?

Reactions: Jaded

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: 3 min Mindfulness Study (academic) | Accept
Requester: Kurt Munz [A3VZS447LG7FKE] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$10.60] [Pay=3.45] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.23] [Fast=4.80] [Comm=1.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=18] [ToS=0]
Reward: 0.37
Duration: 1500
Available: 45
Description: Short (3.5 min avg) survey on mindfulness in daily life
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
c[/td][/tr]

Reactions: Kliq
Status
Not open for further replies.