09/17 - Thorny Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MirrorMan

The Madness
Contributor
Reaction score
Question for everyone....when you see a hit you want to get and you add it to your Panda catcher (Like CrazyPanda for me)...how long do you let it search...like how many days until you give up catching it?? Just curious...I see a lot I want to get, but I have no idea if some are even active anymore, etc.
I usually check to see what the timer duration is on the HIT and I usually will let it sit past that for a while. If I haven't caught it by then, i usually turn it off unless I know it is something that gets reposted on a fairly regular basis.

jan

Reaction score
Question for everyone....when you see a hit you want to get and you add it to your Panda catcher (Like CrazyPanda for me)...how long do you let it search...like how many days until you give up catching it?? Just curious...I see a lot I want to get, but I have no idea if some are even active anymore, etc.
if it's a 20 dollar HIT - then a LONG time :)
Usually, I look at the timer. If it has an hour timer, then I know that it could be returned within an hour (or expire for someone).

But sometimes those very high paying hits come back around later in the day or the next day - so I keep those active (or briefly suspend them while I try to catch something else - and then make them active again in an hour or two)

jonzer

Reaction score
Usually, I look at the timer. If it has an hour timer, then I know that it could be returned within an hour (or expire for someone).

But sometimes those very high paying hits come back around later in the day or the next day - so I keep those active (or briefly suspend them while I try to catch something else - and then make them active again in an hour or two)
So, you are saying that keeping them more than a day is wasted Cycles on my PC.....unless they are recurring hits that I know about?? CrazyPanda does not always show me the Duration...so I am guessing it is best to clean up at the end of the day??

Reactions: cb456

Ransie

Equality Advocate
Contributor
Reaction score
"In nomine proprio punitur

sine tactu eius digito

malum sortis vocabo

supplicium, Luciferus, sed vade securus."

I think it's time to share this with all of you in case you need it, this is a pretty powerful curse in Latin, use it wisely. :devil:

Last edited:

Skittles

It's Pumpkinninny!
Reaction score
Reactions: Merovign

cb456

Let's do some hits!
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
i'd let it run about the length of the hit time, and then reevaluate after

Reactions: MirrorMan and jan

jan

Reaction score
So, you are saying that keeping them more than a day is wasted Cycles on my PC.....unless they are recurring hits that I know about?? CrazyPanda does not always show me the Duration...so I am guessing it is best to clean up at the end of the day??
we show the duration on the forum - if the hit is posted
but it really depends on the $ involved. If it's a 5 dollar or more hit, I might let that go all day. Just depends what else is around.

Turkeltoes

Reaction score
Alright, since I'm in a good mood, I'm going to give away some super helpful info on this one.

First, you have to think about the other people catching the HIT. There are typically two times they return it and make it available for you to catch.

1. Within the first few minutes, they drop it because they don't want to do it.
2. Around the time the duration runs out on the HIT

Therefore, all the big dollar HITs, I mark in the "Friendly Title" area the time it will expire. If the HIT is posted at 1155 and it's a 60-minute hit, I will type 1255 on that HIT. You can then organize the Pandas by dragging and dropping them based on when to start them back up.

If nothing is within five to ten minutes of expiring, I usually just have batch pandas on.

Hope this helps. As I was typing this I caught an ACME data hit posted at 1154 (marked as 1254 on my panda), at 1248.

Willie_Cat

Contributor
Reaction score

So Jan, is there a way in Panda Crazy to suspend a HIT you are searching for and then restart searching later? I don't see this option.

Reactions: jonzer

MirrorMan

The Madness
Contributor
Reaction score
Get a little notepad to keep by your workstation and take notes on certain HITs that you set PandAs for if there are some that you want to keep an eye on. I also only have about three or four PandAs running at a time at any given time. if you get too many going at once it gets inefficient both from a cycling and a PRE standpoint. so you have to kind of have a feel for what HITs you really want to grab (usually higher paying ones) and what you can afford to let go.

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Flight-Planning(~ 20 minutes) | Accept
Requester: MPRG for Rationality Enhancement [AWNXYKVIXKW0B] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$15.53] [Pay=Good] [Approval=1-3 days] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=1.50] [Fast=1.00] [Comm=2.00] [Fair=1.00] [Reviews=6] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.20
Duration: 45:00
Available: 0
Description: This is a short experiment to find out how people make decisions.
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

LumosDC

Reaction score
Title: Healthcare Choice Study(~ 10 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Alison Butler [AQ81XQ68YUAIQ] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$17.26] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=1] [ToS=0]
Reward: 1.33
Duration: 30:00
Available: 16
Description: Choose between transplant hospitals based on outcome metrics (potential $0.30 bonus).
Qualifications: Exc: [1010786148-245898] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; CR Research Group #2 DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Location In US

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: COVID-19 Study(~ 20 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Westat [A3F7W1NFD98C5U] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$17.71] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: No Reviews
Reward: 2.00
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 17
Description: This is a research study being conducted by Westat for the National Cancer Institute (NCI). NCI is interested in people’s opinions about messages you might see or hear related to the COVID-19 pandemic. Your completion of the survey will help NCI understand how best to communicate with people about health issues.
Qualifications: Exc: [166901743-244378] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; SurveyGroup [4247] DoesNotExist ; CR Research Group #2 DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Location In US

Reactions: Merovign

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Reactions: Ransie

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: COVID-19 Study(~ 20 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Westat [A3F7W1NFD98C5U] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$17.77] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: No Reviews
Reward: 2.00
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 0
Description: This is a research study being conducted by Westat for the National Cancer Institute (NCI). NCI is interested in people’s opinions about messages you might see or hear related to the COVID-19 pandemic. Your completion of the survey will help NCI understand how best to communicate with people about health issues.
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

Willie_Cat

Contributor
Reaction score
well I answered my own ridiculously dumb question. In Panda Crazy you toggle 'Collect' on and off. And how long have I been doing this? You guys are a great sounding board. and I appreciate all the advice today.

KatieinPGH

*Wants Masters*
Reaction score
well I answered my own ridiculously dumb question. In Panda Crazy you toggle 'Collect' on and off. And how long have I been doing this? You guys are a great sounding board. and I appreciate all the advice today.
I swear, sometimes you *have* to ask the question to someone else to make you realize the answer. Those brain fart moments!

Status
Not open for further replies.