09/17 - Mantequilla Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kliq

Reaction score
You've received a bonus from PEEL for work related to 3TZDZ3Y0JTFEDLUMC97XR168L2Z19K.
The value of your bonus is: $2.50 USD

The Requester included this note:
Thank you for your careful work on our HIT.

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
I have a job interview this afternoon. Honestly, I'm just looking forward to it being over with. I'm very sick of interviews. I worked for the same company in the oil and has industry for 10 years. Sure, I got laid off twice and there are a lot of assholes in that industry, but I never had to wonder where I stood there. None of this cloak and dagger bullshit. This year, I've had to deal with the following:

A company I was working for had to let me go because they weren't paying rent on the building our group was working.

I was offered a job after an interview. A week later they told me that the company was merging with another company, and they won't be able to hire anyone until November.

I went on another interview, and the guy called me after to tell me that I was their top candidate. Haven't heard from him since.

I went on yet another interview which I thought went pretty well. They've told me every week for the past month that I'm still being considered, but they are still interviewing candidates.

Not to mention the couple of interviews I went on, and heard nothing at all.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. Maybe I should move this to the stabby people thread.

Reaction score
I have a job interview this afternoon. Honestly, I'm just looking forward to it being over with. I'm very sick of interviews. I worked for the same company in the oil and has industry for 10 years. Sure, I got laid off twice and there are a lot of assholes in that industry, but I never had to wonder where I stood there. None of this cloak and dagger bullshit. This year, I've had to deal with the following:

A company I was working for had to let me go because they weren't paying rent on the building our group was working.

I was offered a job after an interview. A week later they told me that the company was merging with another company, and they won't be able to hire anyone until November.

I went on another interview, and the guy called me after to tell me that I was their top candidate. Haven't heard from him since.

I went on yet another interview which I thought went pretty well. They've told me every week for the past month that I'm still being considered, but they are still interviewing candidates.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. Maybe I should move this to the stabby people thread.

And I thought interviews at the retail level stunk.

Reactions: mboone73

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Complete an 8-minute short survey for $0.90(~ 8 minutes) | Accept
Requester: The Wharton School [ABIUW8FBC3EE7] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$15.53] [Pay=4.20] [Fast=4.10] [Comm=4.50] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.71] [Fast=4.56] [Comm=3.98] [Fair=4.61] [Reviews=465] [ToS=2]
Reward: 0.90
Duration: 2700
Available: 1
Description: Answer survey questions to earn money
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [96028172-107010] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.11
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
x[/td][/tr]

EnterNameHere

Contributor
Reaction score

Not much to say besides good luck! I hope you land someplace great.

Trucker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from PEEL for work related to 3MZ3TAMYTMWVHRM6EXSPALNO8QGIRG.
The value of your bonus is: $3.00 USD

The Requester included this note:
Thank you for your careful work on our HIT.

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

GRR

Reaction score
I live just north of DC. Looks like half of Flo has blown by..hopefully there will be no wrap around and flooding...strange storm

turkinusa

Reaction score
Title: Complete an 8-minute short survey for $0.90(~ 8 minutes) | Accept
Requester: The Wharton School [ABIUW8FBC3EE7] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$15.53] [Pay=4.20] [Fast=4.10] [Comm=4.50] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.71] [Fast=4.56] [Comm=3.98] [Fair=4.61] [Reviews=465] [ToS=2]
Reward: 0.90
Duration: 2700
Description: Answer survey questions to earn money
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [96028172-107010] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.11
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
x[/td][/tr]
didn't get a code for this one

Theta Carinae

minor superhero nerd
Contributor
Reaction score
I have a job interview this afternoon. Honestly, I'm just looking forward to it being over with. I'm very sick of interviews.
Sympathies. My boyfriend is in a similar position, and the responses he's got from companies so far has left me feeling like CorporateSpeak should be declared its own language separate from English - as clearly what they say does not mean at all what it sounds like it means. He just had another, we're hoping for the best - I'll hope for the best for you too, if that's cool from some internet rando.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Title: Demographics survey | PANDA
Requester: Panos Ipeirotis [A3DL93QTPE513P] (Contact)
TV: [Hrly: $26.42] [Pay: 4.40] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 4.40] [Fast: 4.68] [Comm: 5.00] [Fair: 4.92] [Reviews: 64] [ToS: 1]
TO2: [Hrly: $6.857] [Pen: 0.04 days] [Res: ---] [Rec: 100% of 2] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Duration:
1 hour
Reward: $0.10
Description:
Demographics survey
Requirements:

Trucker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Sentiment, emotion and topic annotation of a glassdoor sentence | Accept
Requester: SESAMm [A3VT4KXBT2P03P] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$3.60] [Pay=1.00] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.00] [Fast=2.80] [Comm=1.50] [Fair=4.00] [Reviews=5] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.03
Duration: 900
Available: 9902
Description: Annotate the sentiment of the provided content
Qualifications: Masters Exists
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.12
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Pay Drop - These were $.05 each two weeks ago.[/td][/tr]

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Also I feel like sharing that Jeane Hardy rejected me for not reading slow enough and, yes, even when your hits are fairly high numbers rejection still kinda stings.
How's everyone doing today?
I got one of those once and emailed them back that I'm a speed reader and they reversed it. Worth a shot.

Reactions: Theta Carinae

SarahAshlee90

Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Also I feel like sharing that Jeane Hardy rejected me for not reading slow enough and, yes, even when your hits are fairly high numbers rejection still kinda stings.
How's everyone doing today?
All is well. I hope your day improves:):):)

Reactions: Theta Carinae

Theta Carinae

minor superhero nerd
Contributor
Reaction score
I got one of those once and emailed them back that I'm a speed reader and they reversed it. Worth a shot.
Eh, I've had about 50/50 luck with that and I'm butthurt enough I'd probably come across as snotty right now, which tends not to go well. Let her have her crappy 50 cents then, I might just go back to my policy of "don't do surveys less than a dollar."
It'll all be okay. Thanks though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.