09/16 - See You In Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I need a bookshelf, someone recommend me one that will fit in a tiny room but also hold 30 books. kthxbai

edit: I don't know where 30 came from

GRR

Reaction score
sounds like alot of bs to me. It is only one guy. I read this 2 weeks ago. He is prob some crap requester. I would like to know what his requester name is
edit: I googled the guys name and read a few articles about him. He is a STUDENT. I read a lot of comments in various forums...as far as I can tell no one else made these same claims. But..a lot of acadami type are "concerned" because what one guy said....not worth the time looking around anymore. I mean..We are the cream of the mturk crop..if rampant bots were doing the work we would know by the ebb and flow of the hitsj yeah yeah yeah

Rogue and Ready

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Make 5-6 minutes of voice recordings and answer survey about your self (survey total length: ~18 min) | Accept
Requester: Lars Vinberg [A26IBKKAKW1CUJ] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=3.75] [Fast=3.00] [Comm=3.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=7] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=15.00] [Pen=3.00 days] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 3.25
Duration: 5400
Available: 1
Description: We are ask you to talk about your self. We will ask you to complete 5-6 minutes of voice recordings in total. You will need a working microphone. Those who complete the survey might be contacted for further opportunities.
Qualifications: past_worker DoesNotExist ; Location In CA, US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.12
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
.[/td][/tr]

jan

Reaction score
sounds like alot of bs to me. It is only one guy. I read this 2 weeks ago. He is prob some crap requester. I would like to know what his requester name is
There is always bad data. When I ran a study with college students, we had some data we had to discard. That happens in the 'cleaning' process - you notice that too much is incomplete or a survey that someone 'christmas trees.'

You toss it.
If the requesters came here and asked us how to screen out bad data - that would be a start. Ask us, we know how to solve that.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Closest IKEA is in Florida. I don't think I'm all about that life.
Just order online. Wait for a sale, they often do good coupon codes and shit.
Our store is just 2 minutes down the road but I don't have 3 fucking hours to get lost in your damn store every time I need another floating shelf.

GoldenTemple

Serial Liker
Contributor
Reaction score
I had a realization last night that the requesters will probably come crawling back to us sooner than later. I dont think many college students want to get dressed, go to a place early in the morning and take a mind numbing bubble survey for a whopping 3 dollars. I mean, where else are the requesters going to draw data from? They have to get participants from somewhere and Im the guy who is willing to take your shitty survey for 3 dollars.

Morning btw :D

Rogue and Ready

Contributor
Reaction score
Just order online. Wait for a sale, they often do good coupon codes and shit.
Our store is just 2 minutes down the road but I don't have 3 fucking hours to get lost in your damn store every time I need another floating shelf.

Yes, quite the shopping experience. So many cool things, so cheap!

Maria Tortilla

Dave Grohl is my spirit animal
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't do a whole lot of surveys except once in a while on the weekends. I guess I am noticing a lot of bot questions now, one survey was like:

Are you a bot? Click this circle to make sure you are not a bot.
Are you SURE you're not a bot? What is 48478475 - 3221993?
Are you ABSOLUTELY SURE you are not a bot??? Type the days of the week in between the days Monday and Thursday.
Just one more question: ARE YOU A BOT!!!! Write a 300 word essay proving that you are not.

You'd think that clicking the circle in the first question would ensure that you are not a bot.

jan

Reaction score

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I don't do a whole lot of surveys except once in a while on the weekends. I guess I am noticing a lot of bot questions now, one survey was like:

Are you ABSOLUTELY SURE you are not a bot??? Type the days of the week in between the days Monday and Thursday.
Just one more question: ARE YOU A BOT!!!! Write a 300 word essay proving that you are not.

You'd think that clicking the circle in the first question would ensure that you are not a bot.
They don't pay any extra for adding 30 seconds-1min onto the survey either :rain:

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score

I'm not a bot.

Turtlefemm

Mostly a Turtle
Contributor
Mentor
Reaction score
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

The following is a summary of activity for your Mechanical Turk account for the week ending Sep 15, 2018.

Your HIT activity for this week:
- Number of HITs submitted: 1,589

Approvals and payments that occurred this week:
- Number of HITs approved: 1,024
- Number of HITs rejected: 0
- Bonus reward earned: $3.42
- HIT reward earned: $76.31
- Total Amount earned this week: $79.73

Status
Not open for further replies.