Votes: 10 8.0%
  • C to the J

Votes: 38 30.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Serial Mom

I’m smiling…that alone should scare you.
Contributor
Reaction score
You could name your dog Reality. That way you can go around asking if anybody has seen Reality? or Do you know where Reality is?
Family that used to live near me had a dog that kept getting out, and a little boy about 3 years old. The little boy couldn't pronounce words right, being three, and the dog's name was Snickers. Needless to say, he was labeled a racist when he was calling for the dog. He got some strange looks, and no one really talked to that family.

<Gucci>

Francis Manancis ...fuck you...
Threaderator
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Visual Attention Task 8077 | PANDA
Requester: Regan Mandryk [AEOONULLODQWX] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★ 4.53 Communicativity
★★★★ 4.39 Generosity
★★★★ 4.91 Fairness
★★★★ 4.60 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 73 | TOS Flags: 1
Submit a new TO review
Description: In this study, you will be asked to complete surveys, and engage in two different experimental tasks. You will spend around 45 minutes on this HIT. During the HIT you will need 30 uninterrupted minutes. ***Warning: Includes gruesome imagery***
Time: 3 hours
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $7.00
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 90;Location is US;Adult Content Qualification is 1

Melly

Pew Pew!
Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Family that used to live near me had a dog that kept getting out, and a little boy about 3 years old. The little boy couldn't pronounce words right, being three, and the dog's name was Snickers. Needless to say, he was labeled a racist when he was calling for the dog. He got some strange looks, and no one really talked to that family.
Funny.. That's my dog's name and I use to drop the first S a lot until I said it really fast a few times in a row and realized what it sounded like.

Serial Mom

I’m smiling…that alone should scare you.
Contributor
Reaction score
Funny.. That's my dog's name and I use to drop the first S a lot until I said it really fast a few times in a row and realized what it sounded like.
Hahahahahahaahahaha!

Reactions: <Gucci>

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
im laughing more than i should be at this

Blue

Unlikeable Ass
Contributor
Reaction score
Story time please
I used to work as a field service engineer for a company that designed and built custom robotic automations for laboratories worldwide. Stuff like liquid handlers, automated extract storage/retrieval systems, etc. One of my favorite stories from that job was the scientist in hong kong who called me up one night absolutely furious. I was in Helena Montana at the time building a machine for another customer when my phone rang and this dude just went the fuck off on me. I went through all the usual trouble shooting steps with him on the phone... "is the machine powered on? is the monitor powered on? is the machine plugged in? is the computer connected to the unit?" etc and so on. Naturally he got all shitty with me... "of course its turned on, the power lights are on... im not stupid I know what a power plug looks like..."

So... after about 30 minutes on the phone with this guy raging at me I book a red eye flight out to hong kong and was on the plane within a couple hours... long flight.

At any rate... our pricing structure at the time for clients demanding an inhouse service call was like $700/hour with a minimum of 3 hours paid and all travel costs covered by the customer as well.

So... this guy is racking up a huge bill... im into over time... he's paying for this super long flight by the hour...

I get into his office and he is still just going on and on about how shitty the robot I installed for him was... how unreliable... how it hasn't worked since I installed it and showed him how to use it, and how poor my customer service was for his account. I listen to him, feeding him the usual customer service horse shit waiting for him to calm down and let me do my damned job. We walk back to the lab... I look at the machine for less than 30 seconds before plugging it in (the wall plug it was supposed to be using was less than 5 feet from the lab phone he called me on, in full open view)

We boot it up and I'm walking back out the door in under 10 minutes desperately seeking a hotel. The bill we sent him was easily over $6000.

WalkingEmphasis

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
I used to work as a field service engineer for a company that designed and built custom robotic automations for laboratories worldwide. Stuff like liquid handlers, automated extract storage/retrieval systems, etc. One of my favorite stories from that job was the scientist in hong kong who called me up one night absolutely furious. I was in Helena Montana at the time building a machine for another customer when my phone rang and this dude just went the fuck off on me. I went through all the usual trouble shooting steps with him on the phone... "is the machine powered on? is the monitor powered on? is the machine plugged in? is the computer connected to the unit?" etc and so on. Naturally he got all shitty with me... "of course its turned on, the power lights are on... im not stupid I know what a power plug looks like..."

So... after about 30 minutes on the phone with this guy raging at me I book a red eye flight out to hong kong and was on the plane within a couple hours... long flight.

At any rate... our pricing structure at the time for clients demanding an inhouse service call was like $700/hour with a minimum of 3 hours paid and all travel costs covered by the customer as well.

So... this guy is racking up a huge bill... im into over time... he's paying for this super long flight by the hour...

I get into his office and he is still just going on and on about how shitty the robot I installed for him was... how unreliable... how it hasn't worked since I installed it and showed him how to use it, and how poor my customer service was for his account. I listen to him, feeding him the usual customer service horse shit waiting for him to calm down and let me do my damned job. We walk back to the lab... I look at the machine for less than 30 seconds before plugging it in (the wall plug it was supposed to be using was less than 5 feet from the lab phone he called me on, in full open view)

We boot it up and I'm walking back out the door in under 10 minutes desperately seeking a hotel. The bill we sent him was easily over $6000.
:wideyed:

T. Leela

Oh Lord...
Contributor
Reaction score
These aren't too bad, a little weird, but go fast once you do a couple:
Use a 3D virtual environment simulator to follow route instructions

Requester: Andrea F Daniele

ducky

good brain, good life
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score

i'm screaming

Status
Not open for further replies.