• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I really really wanted tacos for my birthday and no one came through.
Did you express that or just passive aggressive it?

Reactions: Jaded

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Not particularly... I just thought I would experiment with a little bit stronger wording this time. Maybe instill a sense of urgency or some self awareness to prevent messages that start sort of like this:
"Hey Blue, last time you posted about backing up all my turk stuff I never got around to it, and then today my computer was attacked by renegade farm animals on a mission to ruin my life... I know you said it was important to back up... but yeah... fuck that. So what can I do, the goat is chewing on my hard drive right now?"
But I like the feeling of danger that all of my stuff could be lost any day, I could just leave the chair and come back and my computer could be fried and I'd be utterly fucked. Makes me feel alive.

That's why I also leave the oven on when I leave the house.

Reactions: Kerek and Blue

ducky

good brain, good life
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
Friendly reminder based on a message I got today.

BACK UP YOUR SHIT.

Back up your bookmarks, your scripts, your include lists or panda lists... back up every single thing you don't want to lose unexpectedly...

Keep that backup somewhere OTHER THAN a computer you regularly use. Most of these files you want to keep are very small... a cheap ass thumb drive you pull out of a drawer once a month to back your shit up before putting away could save you a lot of time and frustration. A re-writable CD would work just as well.

It takes a whole hell of a lot less time to back your shit up once or twice a month (I back up every weekend) than to discover something catastrophic has happened and you need to spend your entire work day trying to recover.

If you haven't backed up in the past couple weeks... consider doing it right the fuck now.
time to put a use to my dropbox account again

Randomacts

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Friendly reminder based on a message I got today.

BACK UP YOUR SHIT.

Back up your bookmarks, your scripts, your include lists or panda lists... back up every single thing you don't want to lose unexpectedly...

Keep that backup somewhere OTHER THAN a computer you regularly use. Most of these files you want to keep are very small... a cheap ass thumb drive you pull out of a drawer once a month to back your shit up before putting away could save you a lot of time and frustration. A re-writable CD would work just as well.

It takes a whole hell of a lot less time to back your shit up once or twice a month (I back up every weekend) than to discover something catastrophic has happened and you need to spend your entire work day trying to recover.

If you haven't backed up in the past couple weeks... consider doing it right the fuck now.

*puts on fancy sponsor voice*

Now this could all be solved easily for $5/mo for your whole computer.

https://www.backblaze.com/ <insert affiliate code here>

Do it or else.

Reactions: Blue

Pippa

All things lovely and beautiful.
Contributor
Reaction score
Not particularly... I just thought I would experiment with a little bit stronger wording this time. Maybe instill a sense of urgency or some self awareness to prevent messages that start sort of like this:
"Hey Blue, last time you posted about backing up all my turk stuff I never got around to it, and then today my computer was attacked by renegade farm animals on a mission to ruin my life... I know you said it was important to back up... but yeah... fuck that. So what can I do, the goat is chewing on my hard drive right now?"
I think it worked. Thank you for the reminder even if forceful.

Reactions: <Gucci>

Blue

Unlikeable Ass
Contributor
Reaction score
But I like the feeling of danger that all of my stuff could be lost any day, I could just leave the chair and come back and my computer could be fried and I'd be utterly fucked. Makes me feel alive.

That's why I also leave the oven on when I leave the house.
Im ok with that. Just don't message me after your house blows up asking me how to get the stains out of the carpet.

humbleturker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Answer a short phone survey about your skin (if you deal with redness and are a woman) | PANDA
Requester: loverofthesandwich [ARFGI67NQV6BQ] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☢☢☢☢☢ 1.00 Communicativity
☢☢☢☢☢ 1.00 Generosity
☢☢☢☢☢ 1.00 Fairness
☢☢☢☢☢ 1.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 2
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)

Description: We're looking to talk to women who are prone to skin redness, but don't have something as serious as rosacea. We'd love to ask you some questions about how you deal with your skin, your skincare routine, etc.
Time: 30 minutes
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $3.00
Qualifications: Location is US

That name though

Randomacts

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Title: Answer a short phone survey about your skin (if you deal with redness and are a woman) | PANDA
Requester: loverofthesandwich [ARFGI67NQV6BQ] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☢☢☢☢☢ 1.00 Communicativity
☢☢☢☢☢ 1.00 Generosity
☢☢☢☢☢ 1.00 Fairness
☢☢☢☢☢ 1.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 2
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)
Description: We're looking to talk to women who are prone to skin redness, but don't have something as serious as rosacea. We'd love to ask you some questions about how you deal with your skin, your skincare routine, etc.
Time: 30 minutes
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $3.00
Qualifications: Location is US

That name though
Dat TO doe

Status
Not open for further replies.