Status
Not open for further replies.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
What kind of reaction is that?
Like a "nope! Can't deal with that! That's too much for me! Gonna jump out of this window, now!" reaction. That sounds like the most unpleasant and gross thing I can imagine, tbh. I have sciatic issues and the thought of... what you had happen... UGH! Too much for me.

Reactions: Jaded

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Like a "nope! Can't deal with that! That's too much for me! Gonna jump out of this window, now!" reaction. That sounds like the most unpleasant and gross thing I can imagine, tbh. I have sciatic issues and the thought of... what you had happen... UGH! Too much for me.
Did you know the workmans comp doctor rated me as "100% fine" no long term affects? Workmans comp doctors are total douches.

Rogue and Ready

Contributor
Reaction score
LOL

So basically I'm at work and it's dark as all fuck and I slip on some ice outside and I land in a completely awkward way. It causes a rupture of my proximal hamstring tendon (the one that attaches the muscle to your ass). Or as they call it "a proximal tendon avulsion" either way it hurt like a son of a fuck. I go to the hospital they bend my legs...when they bend the one I tore a mass builds that looks like a basketball under my skin. I'm told I need to see an orthopedic surgeon quickly. So I end up at home that night and the next morning I have to make calls...

My work, this a part time job delivering pizza's as my real job was the post office at the time, is being very annoying and not wanting to give me any info to make any time of claims or arrangements. Even hanging up on me and just being fucking assholes. So I hire a lawyer and magically I have a doctors appointment and things are taken care of at that point. So I go see this workmans comp DR and well you know how they are..I tell him I'm pretty sure I tore something etc etc.

He basically tells me he doesn't think so, meanwhile the back of my leg is 50 shades of purple and he's pushing on it which makes me scream in pain. I get an MRI scheduled etc to make sure I'm good and it's just some tearing of my muscle and that's it. So a few days later I have this MRI, they give me crutches and all..however I can walk without them which made me think maybe it's not as bad as I first thought. However because it's my right leg I can not drive at all because it puts pressure right in the spot. So I have this MRI done...it was the worst laying in a tiny tube for a half hour not moving is difficult.

Then like a week later I go back to the doctor so we can go over my MRI. He pulls this up on his laptop basically goes "see how this looks? that's suppose to be attached and it's not" basically tells me it's a really bad rupture and I need surgery immediately or he won't be able to fix it. So I get surgery schedule for a few days from this. Go in have my surgery done....he tells us it's about a 45 minute procedure. Mine lasts about 4 hours because apparently when my hamstring tendon rolled down my leg it entangled itself with my sciatic nerve and they attached themselves together and developed scar tissue. So he spent a huge portion of the surgery unattaching them and removing scar tissue from my leg. Long story short there he pulls my tendon back up and screws it back into my pelvis with anchor screws I'll always have..having permanent screws sucks by the way. I also have issues with my sciatic nerve that I never had before...

So after this they let me go home after the surgery, same day all that. A few days later, mind you I can't really move, I'm suppose to be not weight bearing for 2 months. I end up with a blood clot in my lung...a pulminary embolism which is why all these doctors always tell me I'm lucky since apparently if you get one of these you usually die. So luckily I didn't die but I had to take blood thinners for like 7 months. So overall I had that injury in January and I wasn't recovered until August. I ended up suing Papa Johns for how they handled the whole situation.

With the cost of my surgery and my settlement Papa Johns paid something like 70 grand for me that year..sure they were happy about that. Oddly I really didn't take any of my painkillers because I hated how they made me feel, like I constantly needed a nap. And for anyone that wonders how bad rupturing that tendon is, every person I met in the process had not seen it before. My surgeon when I asked if he had done the surgery before said "this exact surgery" none of the PT people had seen it, it's pretty rare. Apparently having any type of open hamstring surgery is odd..so yea I have a pretty good size scar right under my ass from it...for anyone wanting a comparison for what it's on par with I was told by the surgeon it's basically on par with an ACL tear or an Achillies rupture.

That's horrible! I'm glad you are okay after all that.

Reactions: The Great Bread

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Try writing with different mobile-phone keyboards | Accept
Requester: IIS [A2WDDWA4KZC5Y6] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$14.80] [Pay=3.67] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.47] [Fast=4.60] [Comm=3.86] [Fair=4.73] [Reviews=38] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=8.57] [Pen=null] [Res=null] [Rec=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 5.00
Duration: 21600
Available: 1
Description: Use a few different mobile-phone keyboards to write descriptions of some images (estimated time: 20-30 min)
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 1000; did-captioning DoesNotExist ; Location In CA, US; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.9
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Did you know the workmans comp doctor rated me as "100% fine" no long term affects? Workmans comp doctors are total douches.
Yeah I believe it.
Is Friday the new Saturday? Because this is terrible.
I'm banking on "everyone just got the whole entire week off"

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Is Friday the new Saturday? Because this is terrible.
I totally thought today was Saturday.
Which benefits me since I'm not working.

Reactions: Trucker and Dill

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
That's horrible! I'm glad you are okay after all that.
It was pretty awful that happened about 4 years ago, I'm alright these days, I don't enjoy rain though that causes pain...my sciatic stuff isn't to bad...although any type of twisting makes it act up like vacuuming the house is the worst.

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: A quick quiz to qualify for a 3-day study(~ 12 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Yiming Liu [A1EV9IVKWCFB45] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=3.20] [Fast=4.00] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=5] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.50
Duration: 3000
Available: 4
Description: 3 day study starting from today. $0.5 for instruction and quiz .Task: counting numbers. $0.12 for completing one task successfully and lose $0.06 otherwise. 6 hours to earn money.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Location In US-CA, US-DC, US-MA, US-MD, US-ME, US-MI, US-NC, US-NH, US-NJ, US-NY, US-OH, US-PA, US-RI, US-SC, US-VA, US-VT, US-WA, US-WV; Exc: [-1177047418-105767] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 85
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
LOL

So basically I'm at work and it's dark as all fuck and I slip on some ice outside and I land in a completely awkward way. It causes a rupture of my proximal hamstring tendon (the one that attaches the muscle to your ass). Or as they call it "a proximal tendon avulsion" either way it hurt like a son of a fuck. I go to the hospital they bend my legs...when they bend the one I tore a mass builds that looks like a basketball under my skin. I'm told I need to see an orthopedic surgeon quickly. So I end up at home that night and the next morning I have to make calls...

My work, this a part time job delivering pizza's as my real job was the post office at the time, is being very annoying and not wanting to give me any info to make any time of claims or arrangements. Even hanging up on me and just being fucking assholes. So I hire a lawyer and magically I have a doctors appointment and things are taken care of at that point. So I go see this workmans comp DR and well you know how they are..I tell him I'm pretty sure I tore something etc etc.

He basically tells me he doesn't think so, meanwhile the back of my leg is 50 shades of purple and he's pushing on it which makes me scream in pain. I get an MRI scheduled etc to make sure I'm good and it's just some tearing of my muscle and that's it. So a few days later I have this MRI, they give me crutches and all..however I can walk without them which made me think maybe it's not as bad as I first thought. However because it's my right leg I can not drive at all because it puts pressure right in the spot. So I have this MRI done...it was the worst laying in a tiny tube for a half hour not moving is difficult.

Then like a week later I go back to the doctor so we can go over my MRI. He pulls this up on his laptop basically goes "see how this looks? that's suppose to be attached and it's not" basically tells me it's a really bad rupture and I need surgery immediately or he won't be able to fix it. So I get surgery schedule for a few days from this. Go in have my surgery done....he tells us it's about a 45 minute procedure. Mine lasts about 4 hours because apparently when my hamstring tendon rolled down my leg it entangled itself with my sciatic nerve and they attached themselves together and developed scar tissue. So he spent a huge portion of the surgery unattaching them and removing scar tissue from my leg. Long story short there he pulls my tendon back up and screws it back into my pelvis with anchor screws I'll always have..having permanent screws sucks by the way. I also have issues with my sciatic nerve that I never had before...

So after this they let me go home after the surgery, same day all that. A few days later, mind you I can't really move, I'm suppose to be not weight bearing for 2 months. I end up with a blood clot in my lung...a pulminary embolism which is why all these doctors always tell me I'm lucky since apparently if you get one of these you usually die. So luckily I didn't die but I had to take blood thinners for like 7 months. So overall I had that injury in January and I wasn't recovered until August. I ended up suing Papa Johns for how they handled the whole situation.

With the cost of my surgery and my settlement Papa Johns paid something like 70 grand for me that year..sure they were happy about that. Oddly I really didn't take any of my painkillers because I hated how they made me feel, like I constantly needed a nap. And for anyone that wonders how bad rupturing that tendon is, every person I met in the process had not seen it before. My surgeon when I asked if he had done the surgery before said "this exact surgery" none of the PT people had seen it, it's pretty rare. Apparently having any type of open hamstring surgery is odd..so yea I have a pretty good size scar right under my ass from it...for anyone wanting a comparison for what it's on par with I was told by the surgeon it's basically on par with an ACL tear or an Achillies rupture.
Um, ow.

Also, the MRI sounds like the fun part in all of that.

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Um, ow.

Also, the MRI sounds like the fun part in all of that.
It wasn't fun....Actually even the PT shit wasn't fun since the first lady I got was a moron and gave me a hip issue, I honestly wonder if she was just interested in feeling up the clients, for a few reasons mind you. so the doctor switched me to someone else and that improved.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: A quick quiz to qualify for a 3-day study(~ 12 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Yiming Liu [A1EV9IVKWCFB45] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=3.20] [Fast=4.00] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=5] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.50
Duration: 3000
Available: 4
Description: 3 day study starting from today. $0.5 for instruction and quiz .Task: counting numbers. $0.12 for completing one task successfully and lose $0.06 otherwise. 6 hours to earn money.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Location In US-CA, US-DC, US-MA, US-MD, US-ME, US-MI, US-NC, US-NH, US-NJ, US-NY, US-OH, US-PA, US-RI, US-SC, US-VA, US-VT, US-WA, US-WV; Exc: [-1177047418-105767] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 85
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
This is bizarre...

Status
Not open for further replies.