09/05 - Wanda Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
that's exactly what i said! my teens start school at 7:40 and it's way too early.
It's just ridiculous, there's no reason she needs to be in class at 755. Her first two classes are both math, just let her skip one. It'll be fine, she doesn't need that much math.

It won't be too much longer and then we can all complain about how cold it is....:wink:
You mean it's not too much longer till I start ranting about people turning on the heater because it's 68 degrees

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Title: Categorization Study (5-7mins) | Accept
Requester: Adelaide CompCogSci [A2UKL52R7I6BX7] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$19.20] [Pay=4.86] [Fast=null] [Comm=5.00] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.46] [Fast=4.74] [Comm=4.04] [Fair=4.75] [Reviews=117] [ToS=1]
TO2: [Hrly=12.99] [Pen=0.42 days] [Res=null] [Rec=78%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 1.25
Duration: 7200
Available: 1
Description: You will be shown some objects or avatars and will sort them into categories
Qualifications: Bad Subjects DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; objects-avatars-categorisation DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 5000; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.9
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

6 minutes.

Last edited:

Devil_Dawg

Marine, Husband, Father, Grand Father
Contributor
Reaction score
Ugh, gross. The Monster lives a tenth of a mile too close to the school and isn't on the bus route .-. So I guess that's a good thing since she gets to sleep in. (lol)

Tme to move to CA brb.
grandson's school starts at 9:30, but the granddaughters start at 8:10 (different school, town). I like the 9:30 start better

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Anyway, I brought the donuts and coffee, whose day was it to bring the hits?

Reactions: Kennedy and Sondi

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
people turning on the heater because it's 68 degrees
My mother still has an oil stove in her house and they start turning that thing on when it gets to 74.....it is always stifling in her house, but she thinks it's cold......one day that will be me.:unsure:

Reactions: Jaded

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
My mother still has an oil stove in her house and they start turning that thing on when it gets to 74.....it is always stifling in her house, but she thinks it's cold......one day that will be me.:unsure:
I think I won't ever be that way because my gramma and aunt would keep the AC on all year, with fans blowing on them while they slept. They'd just wrap themselves in blankets if they got cold. (They usually didn't.)

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
I don't know how often that happens to you but a UPS is a good solution for that. Good for powering a few devices for an hour or two during blackouts or for getting just enough juice to power-hungry devices to turn them off. They also work as surge protectors so they can add some protection against electrical anomalies.
this is the first time at this house, and I don't turk for my main living so it isn't the end of the world. My ex had that set up at my old house since he worked from home and in general just had a lot going on with computers and whatnot. I don't think I would invest here, and my roomies definitely don't need it. I do have one here at work though.

Metallica

Never free, never me
Contributor
Reaction score
this is the first time at this house, and I don't turk for my main living so it isn't the end of the world. My ex had that set up at my old house since he worked from home and in general just had a lot going on with computers and whatnot. I don't think I would invest here, and my roomies definitely don't need it. I do have one here at work though.
I'd recommend one, or at least a surge protector, for something like a PC. Power supplies do not like forced extra voltage.. and a power supply can happily take every other component with it in its sudden death. :p

Reactions: LowCalCalzone

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Old people go one of 2 ways, either they are always cold and have their houses so hot it's ridiculous, this is the typical..

Or they are really hot and try to run their AC on like 62.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Old people go one of 2 ways, either they are always cold and have their houses so hot it's ridiculous, this is the typical..

Or they are really hot and try to run their AC on like 62.
can confirm. I used to work at an assisted living place and their rooms were either stiflingly hot or it was about to snow

Reactions: LucyO and Jaded

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
I'd recommend one, or at least a surge protector, for something like a PC. Power supplies do not like forced extra voltage.. and a power supply can happily take every other component with it in its sudden death. :p
my laptop is on a surge protector when it's plugged in! I know that much :p

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
can confirm. I used to work at an assisted living place and their rooms were either stiflingly hot or it was about to snow
I'm constantly hot now I can't imagine what it'll be when I'm old but I think it's because I have a lower than normal body temperature i generally run about 96.8

LowCalCalzone

Legalize Ranch
Contributor
Reaction score
This ^^. Learned this lesson the hard way after I blew a fuse a week after I built my PC.

Luckily only had to replace the power supply, but still could have saved $50 :facepalm2:

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Interesting survey(~ 3 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Stefan Schubert [AB8T0RX7RW9II] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
Reward: 0.30
Duration: 3600
Available: 5
Description: Interesting psychological survey on social issues
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [105716-105127] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.9
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
x[/td][/tr]

Status
Not open for further replies.