09/02 - Peachy Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Type2Work

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi turkers
I'm so confused on these customer interests. I wish the instructions didn't make me feel really stupid.

Would this be a yes?
Is 'home decorations for living room' uniquely relevant to 'interior design'?

humbleturker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Hi turkers
I'm so confused on these customer interests. I wish the instructions didn't make me feel really stupid.

Would this be a yes?
Is 'home decorations for living room' uniquely relevant to 'interior design'?
Correct

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
So whateverjill @whateverjill. I've been playing Don't Starve every day without you. I see your lame husband has been playing Mass Effect instead.

Spicy Unagi

Let the pain begin.
Reaction score
A FRIDAY SHORT STORY

Woke up around 6am to get an early start at turking. I press ONE key and the entire neighborhood suddenly loses power. That ish was crazy! Not gonna lie! Everything shutting down at once was really loud and it legit scared the crap out of me, but that was on some He-Man level.

Anyway, a little over an hour later, the power comes back. I was psyched! I didn't lose too much time for work, but then...my internet and home phone isn't connecting. Yeah, I still have a landline. Don't judge me. My cell phone is for takeout and the mens.
And also for me friends and fam...but mostly for takeout and the mens.

OK. No prob. Sometimes my communication services disconnect when the neighborhood suddenly loses power like that. All my connections just needed a little troubleshooting. Ahhh... Yeaaaahhh... That did not work. Not today, Satan! Your girl had plans to be super productive today. I already had the power of Dunkin D flowing through my veins. :punch:

I ended up having to call Cox (my provider) for an update and they told me -- and I paraphrase -- "
Yeah, shit's crazy right now. The grid is down in your area. The C Crew is out poppin and lockin and hookin shit back up. Er'thing will be all good soon......by 6pm tonight." Errrrrrrmmmm... 6pm?! Ahh, hell! I betcha the grid going down was due to a squirrel. It's always a squirrel! Those bushy-tailed cuties never learn.

Well, I had to suck it up and deal with the downtime, and the early morning caffeinated energy. I'd found a couple things to do.

1. Try to go back to bed on caffeine. - FAIL!
  2. Watch some K-Drama. - FAIL! I need the interwebs for that!
  3. Read a [physical] book. - FAIL!
  4. Clean the apartment. - Semi-FAIL! I got bored.
  5. Play "Words With Frie... - FAIL! Dammit, Wi-Fi!
  6. Give myself a French manicure. - FAIL! It's a manicure, but it's not French. My nails look like a glazed doughnut.
  7. Go for a walk. - FAIL! It's too damn hot!
  8. Finally learn about AutoHotKeys since I... - FAIL! Dammit again, interwebs!!
  9. Watch a movie. - FAIL! Why is "Date Night" the only movie I have on my computer? Am I insane!!?
  10. Listen to the audio book of "A Game of Thrones". - SUCCESS!!

The audio book helped pass the time, and I also got a little nap in. My internet connection came back recently -- after spending the whole day being a Cox tease. I'd regain service, get my turking hopes and dreams up, and then like 1 or 2 minutes later, it'll be gone. I tell you what. I didn't realize how much of my everyday, at home life is practically internet-related...you know, besides the mTurk thing.

Damn! It's now September and it's the official start of hurricane season in my neck of the woods, so I better be prepared for that (in case ish goes sideways again).

All and all, it could have been worse. I'll be turking all night long to make up for today's loss. I need to get another caffeine fix, though. It's gonna be a loooong night. Time to get cracking. Better late than never.

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
A FRIDAY SHORT STORY

Woke up around 6am to get an early start at turking. I press ONE key and the entire neighborhood suddenly loses power. That ish was crazy! Not gonna lie! Everything shutting down at once was really loud and it legit scared the crap out of me, but that was on some He-Man level.

Anyway, a little over an hour later, the power comes back. I was psyched! I didn't lose too much time for work, but then...my internet and home phone isn't connecting. Yeah, I still have a landline. Don't judge me. My cell phone is for takeout and the mens.

OK. No prob. Sometimes my communication services disconnect when the neighborhood suddenly loses power like that. All my connections just needed a little troubleshooting. Ahhh... Yeaaaahhh... That did not work. Not today, Satan! Your girl had plans to be super productive today. I already had the power of Dunkin D flowing through my veins. :punch:

I ended up having to call Cox (my provider) for an update and they told me -- and I paraphrase -- "
Yeah, shit's crazy right now. The grid is down in your area. The C Crew is out poppin and lockin and hookin shit back up. Er'thing will be all good soon......by 6pm tonight." Errrrrrrmmmm... 6pm?! Ahh, hell! I betcha the grid going down was due to a squirrel. It's always a squirrel! Those bushy-tailed cuties never learn.

Well, I had to suck it up and deal with the downtime, and the early morning caffeinated energy. I'd found a couple things to do.

6. Give myself a French manicure. - FAIL! It's a manicure, but it's not French. My nails look like a glazed doughnut.
  9. Watch a movie. - FAIL! Why is "Date Night" the only movie I have on my computer? Am I insane!!?

The audio book helped pass the time, and I also got a little nap in. My internet connection came back recently -- after spending the whole day being a Cox tease. I'd regain service, get my turking hopes and dreams up, and then like 1 or 2 minutes later, it'll be gone. I tell you what. I didn't realize how much of my everyday, at home life is practically internet-related...you know, besides the mTurk thing.

Damn! It's now September and it's the official start of hurricane season in my neck of the woods, so I better be prepared for that (in case ish goes sideways again).

All and all, it could have been worse. I'll be turking all night long to make up for today's loss. I need to get another caffeine fix, though. It's gonna be a loooong night. Time to get cracking. Better late than never.

Glad you survived!

Reactions: Spicy Unagi

turkleton

Muddarator
Reaction score
A FRIDAY SHORT STORY

tldr
How long did this take you to make?

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
You finish the season yet?
Ahaha I am one of those sad cowards that wouldn't even make it through an episode :dead:

Kinda the black sheep of my friends since everyone I know loves horror. Not quite sure why they rick rolled for the show with those lights but I found it pretty funny :ROFL:

Status
Not open for further replies.