Requester: Survey Research [AQHH4IOCZMFO3] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: [Hrly=12.82] [Pen=1.00 days] [Res=null] [Rec=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.75
Duration: 1800
Available: 213
Description: -
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.9
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
.[/td][/tr]

Reactions: Mr_AvocadoMan

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: (18-30 Yr. Old Only!) ~5-min. Survey about Snapchat's Snap Map | Accept
Requester: Survey Research [AQHH4IOCZMFO3] Contact
TO: No Reviews
TO2: [Hrly=12.82] [Pen=1.00 days] [Res=null] [Rec=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.75
Duration: 1800
Available: 213
Description: -
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
.[/td][/tr]
That's ageist. I'm 33 and I use snapchat... what's snapchat's snap map?

Theta Carinae

minor superhero nerd
Contributor
Reaction score
I have an MFA in Creative Writing... HAHAHAHAHA, wasn't that smart? Saying "English" is easier.

I did teach at a community college and a university for a while, which is why I got the MFA anyhow, and uhh... I hated it. I wanted to get a flat tire every day on my way to campus. If I could hang out and talk about writing and books with these kids/and adults all day, I'd totally have kept at it, but it required a lot more not-fun writing and grading than I was willing to put myself through.

I turk so I can stay home and finish the next Great American Novel, at which point I'm going to move up to Maine and rub elbows with Stephen King at the grocery store.

Good on you for going back, though. I had plans to get my PhD, but thankfully changed my mind.
So many similarities. I totally want an MFA! The professional writing will hopefully help me get to where I can pay for one one day, a liiittle bit faster than turking will. :)

Had long, extensive, elaborate daydreams about being an English professor in high school - thank god for the actual professors I met in (of all things) AOL chatrooms back in the day. I was able to ask them a bunch of questions about what it was like, and thus to realize teaching wasn't really for me.

I turk because [insert angry rant about the job market and about being over 35 and female here] I would love to move to Maine - I lived in Massachusetts years ago and have missed New England ever since - but for various reasons it isn't looking like that's going to be likely any time soon. Wave at Stephen King for me once you get there, eh?

Rogue and Ready

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Upcoming U.S. Supreme Court confirmation proceeding | Accept
Requester: Scott Boddery [A1E9DRSBCYM2LZ] Contact
TO: [Pay=0.00] [Fast=0.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=0.00] [Reviews=1] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=21.30] [Pen=0.04 days] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.70
Duration: 900
Available: 1
Description: Give us your opinion about the upcoming Supreme Court confirmation proceeding for Bret Kavanaugh
Qualifications: Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
.[/td][/tr]
4 minutes

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
So many similarities. I totally want an MFA! The professional writing will hopefully help me get to where I can pay for one one day, a liiittle bit faster than turking will. :)

Had long, extensive, elaborate daydreams about being an English professor in high school - thank god for the actual professors I met in (of all things) AOL chatrooms back in the day. I was able to ask them a bunch of questions about what it was like, and thus to realize teaching wasn't really for me.

I turk because [insert angry rant about the job market and about being over 35 and female here] I would love to move to Maine - I lived in Massachusetts years ago and have missed New England ever since - but for various reasons it isn't looking like that's going to be likely any time soon. Wave at Stephen King for me once you get there, eh?
I will!! MFA is useless. Write a book and get it published, get a Masters in whatever and you can teach Creative Writing anyplace. Or get the MFA. Plenty of low-residency schools around (great schools, too!) that are in the ~$14k range.

Professorship is great, I'm sure, if you stick it out. Just wasn't for me. Some of my friends who have made it out of Adjunct hell are happy, some are miserable. I think it all depends.

Cheers for kindred spirits, though! I'll invite you up to the lavish cabin I'll live in one day when Stephen and I are just hanging around drinking coffees and talking about Moose.

Theta Carinae

minor superhero nerd
Contributor
Reaction score
Professorship is great, I'm sure, if you stick it out. Just wasn't for me. Some of my friends who have made it out of Adjunct hell are happy, some are miserable. I think it all depends.

Cheers for kindred spirits, though! I'll invite you up to the lavish cabin I'll live in one day when Stephen and I are just hanging around drinking coffees and talking about Moose.
I have a number of qualities that would make me an awful teacher, never mind professor. I'm to this day grateful that I was able to realize that and, you know, not become a teacher before I invested any serious money or time in learning how.

I'm sure circumstances would make a huge difference in whether professoring would work out well for people or not. I hope more of your professor friends who aren't happy now can find their way there.

And that sounds wonderful :) Am totally looking forward to the visit, lol.

GTR

Reaction score
to a poor asshole that can't get a stint and stone removed

You've received a bonus from Hannah Rashkin for work related to 3WPCIUYH1AM7CO1JE3OYCCWDS5KTDU.
The value of your bonus is: $0.50 USD

The Requester included this note:
Hey there, we wanted to bonus you to thank you for doing our HIT 'What are possible intents and reactions for events?'
We also wanna let you know that more HITs of that type are up online (with some slight new changes). This can be a down payment on your stone
Cheers,
UW NLP

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
to a poor asshole that can't get a stint and stone removed

You've received a bonus from Hannah Rashkin for work related to 3WPCIUYH1AM7CO1JE3OYCCWDS5KTDU.
The value of your bonus is: $0.50 USD

The Requester included this note:
Hey there, we wanted to bonus you to thank you for doing our HIT 'What are possible intents and reactions for events?'
We also wanna let you know that more HITs of that type are up online (with some slight new changes). This can be a down payment on your stone
Cheers,
UW NLP
I miss Hannah..'s money.

GTR

Reaction score
I sent MR. I forgot to pay a bonus for a 35 cent 30 min eye gauging finger numbing hold your pee study
and asked politely because some of us need that bonus to pay for the damage it caused and for a needed operation

I blame that study for my stone

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
i hate talking bad about usertesting.com because they have literally been my entire life for the past 2 years, but their mobile app is fucking trash and had me waiting 2 hours to upload something that should have taken 15 min to upload. I lost so much money today waiting for that shit

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
i hate talking bad about usertesting.com because they have literally been my entire life for the past 2 years, but their mobile app is fucking trash and had me waiting 2 hours to upload something that should have taken 15 min to upload. I lost so much money today waiting for that shit
So usertesting didn't usertest their app that lets usertesters submit their usertests?

Status
Not open for further replies.