08/30 - Tamarind Thursday!

How many pop tarts is too many poptarts

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nopoopwarez

Contributor
Reaction score
I wish c-sats had a little glossary. Writing these "at what time do you think they did blank" things I'm always like "What's the word for sewing when it's on people?" "what's the word for meat when it's people?"
You don't have to write unless you've noticed something that the surgeon should be aware of. They said it themselves, if you're just going to say something generic like "surgeon is really skilled" then it's best to just leave the boxes blank.

Reactions: jan

Theta Carinae

minor superhero nerd
Contributor
Reaction score
I have a question for the whole room... How do you explain to people what it is you do? I have the hardest time with it. I get annoyed when people are like "Oh you take surveys" but also it's so hard to be like "I do a lot of diff things all day and sometimes make okayish money doing it. And don't have to wear pants." b/c people are like "what other kinds of things? Why are you qualified to look at surgery videos? How are you qualified to do X, Y, Z?"
It happens that the bulk of my work is for one requester, so when I say "I do a kind of specialized data entry for a marketing analytics company" it's, well, true.
I still told non-techie people I did data entry even when I turked more generally, though. It both sounds legit and has the bonus of making the asker lose interest immediately, thus making it easier to steer the conversation away from the subject :)

ETA: or, what TurkLion said

Stealthy714

Contributor
Reaction score
Haven't seen mine yet. I seem to remember turkopticon reviews talking about having to beg for the bonus. Perhaps its time for an email!
I did it 2 days ago, and my HIT hasn't even approved yet, looks like we'll have to just wait.
The hit approved yesterday for me and yes that latest TO says they never got it and never responded. I have hope from the older reviews, I guess we will see and yes an email will be appropriate soon.

Reactions: FireMonkey

Rogue and Ready

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: A simple 10~12 minutes consumer survey | Accept
Requester: JGSB Marketing [AP8RFL045S5ST] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$7.28] [Pay=2.14] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.84] [Fast=4.30] [Comm=2.33] [Fair=4.42] [Reviews=80] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=3.84] [Pen=null] [Res=null] [Rec=0%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.70
Duration: 3600
Available: 1
Description: Only 18 year old or older adults can take this survey. This survey consists of different tasks including short writing, making a choice, and answering about yourself
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.9
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
.[/td][/tr]

Metallica

Never free, never me
Contributor
Reaction score
Another person got paid by Amazon for being suspended. Their situation was unique because they got suspended last year but didn't really try to get the ban removed until this week. (So Amazon had them banned for some bullshit reason for that long and never bothered to check until recently.)

After using your links and sending two e-mails on back to back days, my account has been reinstated as of an hour ago:

Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

Thank you for your patience while we reviewed your account. We’ve received your complaints and understand your concern regarding the closure of your Amazon Mechanical Turk (MTurk) account. Your suspension appeal has been reviewed, and we’ve reinstated your account effective immediately. We apologize for the delay in getting back to you. We’ve applied a $100 credit to your MTurk Worker account to compensate for the time it took us to resolve this issue.

Thank you for your participation in MTurk. If you have any other questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us atmturk-worker-support@amazon.com.

Best regards,

The Mturk Team
Amazon Mechanical Turk

This comes as a big surprise, considering how many hours I spent on the phone without any resolution. Anyway, I just wanted to give you an update and thank you for helping me. Is there any way I can buy you a coffee?

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
check your email if you did the trivia sign-up hit

Type2Work

Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone seen the Twitter profiles hits lately? I haven't been able to catch one in a while.

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Watch videos and answer questions about what you see! (~8 min) | Accept
Requester: Eric P Kuo [A35360IU4D4R7L] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.07
Duration: 1920
Available: 1
Description: You'll watch a video and answer simple questions about motion. This HIT is part of a research study conducted at the University of Pittsburgh.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 1000; Completed a related HIT already DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

cb456

Let's do some hits!
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
I wish c-sats had a little glossary. Writing these "at what time do you think they did blank" things I'm always like "What's the word for sewing when it's on people?" "what's the word for meat when it's people?"
what is that caviar looking stuff they keep poking at

nopoopwarez

Contributor
Reaction score
The hit approved yesterday for me and yes that latest TO says they never got it and never responded. I have hope from the older reviews, I guess we will see and yes an email will be appropriate soon.
I did the previous version. He didn't pay the bonus until I messaged him.

Reactions: FireMonkey

turkleton

Muddarator
Reaction score
Another person got paid by Amazon for being suspended. Their situation was unique because they got suspended last year but didn't really try to get the ban removed until this week. (So Amazon had them banned for some bullshit reason for that long and never bothered to check until recently.)
At least someone is making making some money today.

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
So, my dad's girlfriend came by to pick up some money that my son dropped off to pay for his car, and I was trying to rush her out because my mother has to come by so I can go pick up the other kids from their practices after school and they can't be in the same place at the same time........:facepalm2:

Devil_Dawg

Marine, Husband, Father, Grand Father
Contributor
Reaction score
So, my dad's girlfriend came by to pick up some money that my son dropped off to pay for his car, and I was trying to rush her out because my mother has to come by so I can go pick up the other kids from their practices after school and they can't be in the same place at the same time........:facepalm2:
hell, just let them box it out I say.

Reaction score

This is only the set up of a story.

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Coat Length | Accept
Requester: Amazon Requester Inc. - Tamale [A3BCLT899D9WAB] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: [Hrly=14.40] [Pen=0.04 days] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.01
Duration: 86400
Available: 480
Description: Identify the length of the coat: short, knee-length or long.
Qualifications: None
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Status
Not open for further replies.