08/28 - 'See'ing Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
Amazon treats their actual employees, the ones that work in warehouses, like potential thieves who are robots undeserving of breaks, cooling off during Summer, or any sorts of benefits.

We're lucky they're not making us pay a monthly fee just to use mturk.
my friend out in colorado was so happy two months ago on getting a warehouse job with amazon. all his facebook friends were like "congrats! you'll do great!" and I was like "is this bad news?"

no lie, three weeks later he's asking if anyone has experience with some type of wearable canteen thing (something like a platypus or something?) that holds a LOT of water, for like trekking through the desert. he said it will help him get more work done if he doesn't have to keep going to get his waterbottle.

my facebook friend said:
naturally, I asked if it comes with a catheter to allow him to urinate into the canteen thing's separate pouches, to save him bathroom breaks, and he said he's looking into it.

true story

Last edited:
Reactions: Pleco

SamBurger

Reaction score
Amazon treats their actual employees, the ones that work in warehouses, like potential thieves who are robots undeserving of breaks, cooling off during Summer, or any sorts of benefits.

We're lucky they're not making us pay a monthly fee just to use mturk.
What I found interesting was the Dynamo movement occurred in 2014. What did mturk do after that? Jack up the fees for requesters.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
my friend out in colorado was so happy two months ago on getting a warehouse job with amazon. all his facebook friends were like "congrats! you'll do great!" and I was like "is this bad news?"

no lie, three weeks later he's asking if anyone has experience with some type of wearable canteen thing (something like a platypus or something?) that holds a LOT of water, for like trekking through the desert. he said it will help him get more work done if he doesn't have to keep going to get his waterbottle.

naturally, I asked if it comes with a catheter to allow him to urinate into the canteen thing's separate pouches, to save him bathroom breaks, and he said he's looking into it.

true story
There are many articles that support stories like this:

http://highline.huffingtonpost.com/articles/en/life-and-death-amazon-temp/

http://www.salon.com/2015/10/22/dyi...able_temp_workers_who_make_bezoss_empire_run/

Reactions: SamBurger

Serial Mom

I’m smiling…that alone should scare you.
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm about to do Q/A research tasks unless there is something better (non masters) to do. Any ideas? Anyone want to Q/A with me? I type really fast.

warriorwrath

Contributor
Reaction score
Seems I've been missing out on an interesting conversation, but I'm not here for that. Any batches open that I may have missed? Trying to get to $50.

Reactions: Serial Mom

SamBurger

Reaction score
Even more respect to all those peeps that make scripts and site like turkopticon help us turkers make a decent wage when Amazon clearly has no regard for our well-being.

Reactions: clickhappier

Serial Mom

Contributor
Reaction score
Reactions: warriorwrath

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
This article is how I got my current job. After a year of being a temp, I was made fulltime, and have gotten two raises in the last month, and I'm expecting a third within a week.

I ship medical supplies, such as chest drains, catheters, stuff like that. by my department is a specialized group that only does international shipping. while time is important, being accurate is more so, and I have stopped orders in their tracks when something was wrong. our conditions aren't as bad as mentioned in that article, really aren't terrible at all if you ask me. we aren't restricted too much with waterbottles, as long as we don't rest them on the products themselves, some of which cost tens of thousands of dollars, and fit in a 5"X3"X9" box.

El Pablo

ಠ_ಠ
Contributor
Reaction score
Even more respect to all those peeps that make scripts and site like turkopticon help us turkers make a decent wage when Amazon clearly has no regard for our well-being.

It sounds like this crusade of yours is leading to a career at McDonald's.

Reactions: Kerek

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
It sounds like this crusade of yours is leading to a career at McDonald's.
i hope fries come with that..

Reactions: El Pablo

Serial Mom

Contributor
Reaction score
Is Ortiz dropping a batch again or am I just catching ones that expired from people? My q just filled up in 10 sec.

Status
Not open for further replies.