08/27 - Sweet Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cassius

Reaction score
Fox just had a story on about a dog that followed this storm chaser into a gas station and as the guy got out to get gas the dog jumped into his truck. He said he put it out on twitter and within the hour found the dog's real owner. He took the dog back to the station to return him and when he saw his owner he jumped from the storm chaser's car into his owner's car. the man said he was on call for work and had to go and the dog was in its kennel when he left but got scared with all the rain and left.

Sara Gates

Reaction score
Free $30 from swagbucks for signing up for a free 30 day trial of Hulu is still up. you can cancel after 8 days safely. I got the $30 posted within like an hour yesterday if anyone needs a kick start to the weekend :)

Princess Gina Marie

Contributor
Reaction score
The following is a summary of activity for your Mechanical Turk account for the week ending Aug 26, 2017.

Your HIT activity for this week:
- Number of HITs submitted: 4,009

Approvals and payments that occurred this week:
- Number of HITs approved: 4,007
- Number of HITs rejected: 0
- Bonus reward earned: $4.50
- HIT reward earned: $298.40
- Total Amount earned this week: $302.90

It's Gamera!

Flippant Amniote
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

The following is a summary of activity for your Mechanical Turk account for the week ending Aug 26, 2017.

- Number of HITs submitted: 9,346

- Number of HITs approved: 10,501
- Bonus reward earned: $4.25
- HIT reward earned: $1,006.65
- Total Amount earned this week: $1,010.90

bxpretzel

Ari Gold
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
- Number of HITs submitted: 1,919

- Number of HITs approved: 1,791
- Number of HITs rejected: 1
- Bonus reward earned: $109.95
- HIT reward earned: $214.39
- Total Amount earned this week: $324.34

Evergreen Queen

A very rich widow with a terrible secret.
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I look forward to quadrupling that this week. :) Thanks you for your kind words, Evergreen Queen @Evergreen Queen. I found myself going back to the Sad PandA thread and looking up some CBT sites I posted for fellow Turkers. (And I think I may need to repost those here tomorrow.)

Love your 'handle.' I love evergreens; we don't have any real trees around here. :(
Hey, I was just telling you what I saw from an outside perspective. I know that can be worth something when you're struggling. I'll have to check that thread out as well as those sites. I actually need to take some time and explore the other threads on here, as I only come to the Daily one for the most part.

My handle actually stems from a few years ago when my now-boyfriend sent me a text while I stood on Pilot Mountain in NC. He knew I had been dealing with a lot of personal problems and struggling with depression so he said something like "When you're feeling down, just think of yourself as an evergreen. Strong and full of life, despite the elements around you." Funny enough, looking over the edge, I saw the tops of a whole bunch of evergreens. It was kinda a profound moment in my life. Anyway, three years later, I finally let him take me on a date and we've been together ever since. And evergreens are "our thing". :)

(wow sorry for derailing a little there :p)

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Free $30 from swagbucks for signing up for a free 30 day trial of Hulu is still up. you can cancel after 8 days safely. I got the $30 posted within like an hour yesterday if anyone needs a kick start to the weekend :)
do you have to keep it for 8 days?

EDIT Nevermind, lol. I can check. I'm being lazy or something.

Last edited:

Sara Gates

Reaction score

That's amazing. Great work!

Sara Gates

Reaction score
do you have to keep it for 8 days?

EDIT Nevermind, lol. I can check. I'm being lazy or something.
Yes, it says you can't cancel before 8 days, but the trial is 30 days so there is no worry to cancel on day 9 and be charged. i set multiple reminders on my phone, and also use a prepaid card with $0 to sign up lol

Reactions: <Gucci> and Jerami

booboo33

Contributor
Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

- Number of HITs submitted: 59

- Number of HITs approved: 81
- Bonus reward earned: $13.58
- HIT reward earned: $67.22
- Total Amount earned this week: $80.80

morning to all. hope everyone down in Texas is keeping safe.

MindNumbing

Contributor
Reaction score

- Number of HITs submitted: 1,556

- Number of HITs approved: 2,035
- Number of HITs rejected: 4
- Bonus reward earned: $21.80
- HIT reward earned: $488.21
- Total Amount earned this week: $510.01

cassius

Reaction score
I lived in that neighborhood for a while when I was a kid.
It is a wet area. Our house had so much water damage where the water literally came in through the baseboards. x wasn't good at fixing things and he left it run down after I helped him with the down payment to buy it. I doubt he has improved that much. Would be afraid to see the place now. I think it's a lot of rentals now cause it's one of those neighborhoods everyone moved out at least the older part. There was a lot of new homes going up in there.
It could be a trusting neighborhood. some years ago the x was home from the hospital after a kidney stone and recovering. We got this knock at the door around lunchtime. when I opened the door there were I think four youngsters there. One was just a really little guy. They said they were lost and wanted to go home. Okay, well they're talking to the mom who's been through some things so I didn't know what do to. Asked for their mom's phone number and we called but no answer but they said mom was home. So finally I asked if we took them up to the what's that main road that leads to old town spring? Aldine Westfield? We asked them if we took them up there could they tell us how to get them home and they said yes. So we called the mom's number again and left a detailed message - we've got your kids, here's who we are, here's are car, here's are plate number, I mean detailed. Then we took them home. We found mom who had been sitting outside in the sun. The kids were supposed to be at that pond there wherever that is and they happened to wonder off. But she never gave it a second thought that we brought them home. But that little guy was crying so hard that i couldn't stand not doing something since we couldn't reach their parents.

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey, I was just telling you what I saw from an outside perspective. I know that can be worth something when you're struggling. I'll have to check that thread out as well as those sites. I actually need to take some time and explore the other threads on here, as I only come to the Daily one for the most part.

My handle actually stems from a few years ago when my now-boyfriend sent me a text while I stood on Pilot Mountain in NC. He knew I had been dealing with a lot of personal problems and struggling with depression so he said something like "When you're feeling down, just think of yourself as an evergreen. Strong and full of life, despite the elements around you." Funny enough, looking over the edge, I saw the tops of a whole bunch of evergreens. It was kinda a profound moment in my life. Anyway, three years later, I finally let him take me on a date and we've been together ever since. And evergreens are "our thing". :)

(wow sorry for derailing a little there :p)
There's some neat stuff under "General Discussions" -----> Social discussions (generally peaking), and Sad Panda for those of us who need that kind of help.

"When you're feeling down, just think of yourself as an evergreen. Strong and full of life, despite the elements around you." The problem with serious clinical depression is that positive stuff all to often just doesn't ring a bell--you can't "see" it--but glad you worked out of your situation!! And you're got a good boy friend. Invite us all to the wedding. :)

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
There's some neat stuff under "General Discussions" -----> Social discussions (generally peaking), and Sad Panda for those of us who need that kind of help.

"When you're feeling down, just think of yourself as an evergreen. Strong and full of life, despite the elements around you." The problem with serious clinical depression is that positive stuff all to often just doesn't ring a bell--you can't "see" it--but glad you worked out of your situation!! And you're got a good boy friend. Invite us all to the wedding. :)
Felt I needed to add, despite what I said earlier, "... just think of yourself as an evergreen" is a strong image. :)

blackpupjean

Reaction score

Great job, I can't even make that much working two jobs.

Last edited:

Sara Gates

Reaction score
Title: Tinder Survey - WOMEN ONLY | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Amy Muise [A1YR0HYKK23L8F] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 2.75] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 3.00] [Reviews: 7] [ToS: 2]
TO 2:
[Rate: --/hr] [Pen: -- days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: -- of 0] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$1.00
Duration: 2 hours
Available: 1
Description: We are interested in learning about how people use Tinder (the mobile dating app)
Requirements: HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 80; Location is one of: CA, US

Reactions: <Gucci>
Status
Not open for further replies.