Not open for further replies.

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
i just think it’s unnecessary. but then again a lot of remakes and movies that Hollywood puts out are unnecessary
I liked Terminator Genisys. I mean, Star Wars has made basically the same movie four times now. And the last time they did it, it got rave reviews.

Reactions: Peachy

Tandem In Time

Tandem in Space
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Where is this being reported? I see a lot of wordvomit about the script on r/mturk, but not that.
https://gitlab.com/StructByLightning/stax/blob/master/README.md said:
Permissions
Stax's permissions are required for it to function. Feel free to check the source code if you are concerned about abuse. At this time, Stax does not "phone home" or transmit your data to a server. If this changes, such features will be entirely opt-in.
If this changes... That's something a lot of people don't stop to consider, or know how to check, when installing these comprehensive packages.

EDIT: And I should note that "custom" scripts sold by certain freelancers, scripts which are not open-source and open to scrutiny by the whole community, could easily contain such potentially malicious elements.

Last edited:

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Where is this being reported? I see a lot of wordvomit about the script on r/mturk, but not that.
This is a different one.
They are several auto accept scripts now.

Reactions: GTR

EnterNameHere

Contributor
Reaction score
This is a different one.
They are several auto accept scripts now.
Oh, I thought GTR @GTR was talking about Stax, not the TH script. That's the thread [edit] script I was reading about.
MTS permissions ca. 2017; don't know if they've changed, or how they differ from Stax's

Last edited:

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
OMFG mturk logged me out right when I submit a fucking survey for a bullshit long ass 60 cent hit. I already closed the fucking survey out.. tried to open the shit back up and it opens to the beginning of the fucking survey.

fuck man I fucking hate this shit. this is just as bad as fucking yesterday fuck.

im watching fucking football fuck mturk. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhrfdgbjifrebjiopdgjsdsdnsdfl

AliasOTurker

Reaction score
Those permissions might be necessary to interact with your HIT history and to do things like accept HITs, etc.. I'm not sure if the Amazon one can be restricted to mturk only. Maybe it can and should. My impression of the writer of the open source script is that he's fairly amateur at releasing software -- based on the discussion on reddit about OCR being included in the first version. I don't think there's anything shady going on there. "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity, but don't rule out malice."

SherryNotShirley

Contributor
Reaction score
OMFG mturk logged me out right when I submit a fucking survey for a bullshit long ass 60 cent hit. I already closed the fucking survey out.. tried to open the shit back up and it opens to the beginning of the fucking survey.

fuck man I fucking hate this shit. this is just as bad as fucking yesterday fuck.

im watching fucking football fuck mturk. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhrfdgbjifrebjiopdgjsdsdnsdfl
*hugs* you deserve better potty mouth

BreeQuinn

Contributor
Reaction score
If this changes... That's something a lot of people don't stop to consider, or know how to check, when installing these comprehensive packages.

EDIT: And I should note that "custom" scripts sold by certain freelancers, scripts which are not open-source and open to scrutiny by the whole community, could easily contain such potentially malicious elements.
This reminds me I need to add 2FA to my Amazon account. Thx

Reactions: jklmnop

GTR

Reaction score

one thing i do on surveys is take a screen shot of the code page, that way if i get logged out i can go back and at least see my code, also i always make sure i submit the hit before i close out the survey. i know this don't help now but maybe it will on another survey, also i think i did the same long ass 60 cent one :)

coffee.cup

ALL YOUR SURVEY ARE BELONG TO ME!
Reaction score
Title: Academic Survey(~ 2 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Oleg Urminsky [A2UT64NH2GJ8XQ] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$17.47] [Pay=4.09] [Fast=4.67] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.57] [Fast=4.98] [Comm=4.81] [Fair=4.96] [Reviews=156] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=6.97] [Pen=2.03 days] [Res=null] [Rec=75%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.25
Duration: 1800
Available: 47
Description: Please answer a few questions regarding your opinions in hypothetical scenarios.
Qualifications: Exc: [104437-103848] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.7
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
1:33[/td][/tr]

Reactions: SherryNotShirley

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Which one are they talking about ?
I see this one https://gitlab.com/StructByLightning/stax/tree/master
Oh, I thought GTR @GTR was talking about Stax, not the TH script. That's the thread [edit] script I was reading about.
MTS permissions ca. 2017; don't know if they've changed, or how they differ from Stax's
Yea talking about that one.
I seen Task Archive too but I heard that one stopped working really.

Adding a captcha auto-complete feature at a time where Amazon is probably paranoid about bots is pretty :wackodance
Yea that's fucking nuts.
I was half considering installing this one but fuck that even if I do have masters and don't have to worry about it.

MarkC

Stay awhile and listen.
Contributor
Reaction score
Adding a captcha auto-complete feature at a time where Amazon is probably paranoid about bots is pretty :wackodance
And then 'disabling' in the next version but literally telling you what line you can look at to re-enable the call.

Reactions: TSolo315
Status
Not open for further replies.