08/24 - Talented Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chessgame44

Reaction score
Henry Chen rejected my hits. Favorite coloring book covers. I only have 9 rejections in 6 years (25,000 hits - 99.97 approval). These were $0.05 hits, where I chose my favorite coloring book cover. For 5 cents. I followed directions and put in the correct code.

I think I'm going to stop doing small payment hits if people are going to reject them.

infomista

Reaction score
Henry Chen rejected my hits. Favorite coloring book covers. I only have 9 rejections in 6 years (25,000 hits - 99.97 approval). These were $0.05 hits, where I chose my favorite coloring book cover. For 5 cents. I followed directions and put in the correct code.

I think I'm going to stop doing small payment hits if people are going to reject them.
Thanks for the warning! Did you contact him?

chessgame44

Reaction score
My faucet wouldn't turn off in the bathtub yesterday. The tub started overflowing because it was on full blast, and it's a condo so there was no way to turn off the water main without turning it off for the whole building.

So I call in an emergency plumber because it's 7 at night, the guy's got great reviews... and he came in and replaced the faucet $375 plus 150 for an emergency fee. Didn't fix the issue. Apparently there's a crack in the shower valve inside the wall, and they have to break the wall down and then I have to get a separate guy to retile it. So I have a non-working shower, and I spent $525 last night. And this guy is trying to reject me for some 5 cent hits. I should mention I lost my job a couple of months ago when my restaurant decided it couldn't maintain itself.

And then I got this one hit telling me to relive my worst moment that I've ever had, and they want to pay me a dollar for that.

Turking feels a lot different than it used to. It doesn't feel like a job anymore. It feels like we're guinea pigs who just keep getting kicked in the face for no money.

PandaThief

Reaction score
My faucet wouldn't turn off in the bathtub yesterday. The tub started overflowing because it was on full blast, and it's a condo so there was no way to turn off the water main without turning it off for the whole building.

So I call in an emergency plumber because it's 7 at night, the guy's got great reviews... and he came in and replaced the faucet $375 plus 150 for an emergency fee. Didn't fix the issue. Apparently there's a crack in the shower valve inside the wall, and they have to break the wall down and then I have to get a separate guy to retile it. So I have a non-working shower, and I spent $525 last night. And this guy is trying to reject me for some 5 cent hits. I should mention I lost my job a couple of months ago when my restaurant decided it couldn't maintain itself.

And then I got this one hit telling me to relive my worst moment that I've ever had, and they want to pay me a dollar for that.

Turking feels a lot different than it used to. It doesn't feel like a job anymore. It feels like we're guinea pigs who just keep getting kicked in the face for no money.
Everything you mentioned had nothing to do with turking though except the rejections and low pay which we all agreed would upon when signing up

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Forming Impressions of Others and Ourselves(~ 25 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Abigail Riemer [A10NKIVL7MAOX1]
TurkerView: [ $3.15 / hour ]
Description: We are interested in learning about how people perceive themselves and others
Duration: 60 Min
Available: 5
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications:
  • Exc: [287278757-309184] DoesNotExist
  • TP Panel: -1655170301 N GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100
  • CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100
  • Location In US
[3D8B00U53JR97K0NNG2XKFKWXFC83E]

freekshow420

Reaction score
Just heard on another forum that the Lauren Schatz HIT ($45) will stop running tomorrow. Then they will start it again Sept. 1
requester is also pretty responsive if you message them and ask questions. At least in my experience.

Reactions: infomista

infomista

Reaction score
requester is also pretty responsive if you message them and ask questions. At least in my experience.
Yes, in fact she had responded to someone and they posted a copy of her email response, which I did not want to do. She sounds very nice and helpful

Reactions: freekshow420

keljenner

Reaction score
To get qualifications you just go on the hit page to the ones that have tests right and you aren't qualified for? There's nothing special you have to do?

PandaThief

Reaction score
has anyone seen pickfu these past few days ? He's always good for 5 to $6 a day but he's been mia

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Survey 08-23-21(~ 8 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Jess Dec [A1WKMMC53303D1]
TurkerView: [ $10.96 / hour ]
Description: Short (7-8m) study. There will be screeners in the beginning of the survey.
Duration: 30 Min
Available: 1
Reward: $0.80
Qualifications:
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500
  • Exc: [315301-314712] DoesNotExist
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 94
  • Location In US
[3WGE5Q3V3T43DEVC7SJHLG64A97KT0]

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: What Are Your Goals? (Study 11)(~ 30 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: SurveyComet [A3NC2P2SPK9QQ]
TurkerView: [ $20.71 / hour ]
Description: This is a psychological study in which we ask you about your goals, values, and health behaviors. It takes the average person about 30 minutes, though it could take you shorter or longer. It pays $1.
Duration: 90 Min
Available: 3
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications:
  • Exc: [7623802-315087] DoesNotExist
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95
  • Location In US
[3GBCJUK5B11CVJBUTMZJ9G4WCRDKPX]

freekshow420

Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Cognitive Tools Lab for work related to 3NBFJK3IPLIRY4X8XZAXHDZMY5POGL.
The value of your bonus is: $1.08 USD

The Requester included this note:
Thanks for participating, here's your bonus!

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

cassius

Reaction score
My favorite question asked in a survey

Are you legally blind?
yes
no

If I was blind I would not be doing your study ...... I guess they couldn't "see" that coming.
There was one that I protested. Something about were you on the Titanic or something. Several times I asked them to stop using that one when I saw it. I had a relative who was a missionary and had passage on that ship who drowned. She gave her ticket for the lifeboat to an upperclass woman with children. true story. I threw a fit about it long enough and I don't see that question anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.