08/18 - So As It Is Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Thanks to all of the lazy bots who wrote "n/a" on these Sasha Winship questions for putting nickels in my pocket.

KellieS23

Anyone else feel like a Rainbow?
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Genius Market Research(~ 5 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Genius Marketing [AGTYHFJ98NK4N] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=2.64] [Fast=4.33] [Comm=1.00] [Fair=3.33] [Reviews=15] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=8.05] [Pen=0.20 days] [Res=0%] [Rec=100%] [Rej=1] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 900
Available: 1
Description: Answer a survey about your opinions regarding various brands, products, and other consumer-related decisions.
Qualifications: Exc: [3301825-102749] DoesNotExist ; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.7
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
I got a dozen pages into this and then got a page that said "Sorry, we encountered an error.".....um....[/td][/tr]

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Description: Answer a survey about your opinions regarding various brands, products, and other consumer-related decisions.
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
I got a dozen pages into this and then got a page that said "Sorry, we encountered an error.".....um....[/td][/tr]
Don't do it! They rejected me :(

Reactions: Itsmee

Tandem In Time

Tandem in Space
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: A research study on Internet-connected devices (no experience required) | Accept
Requester: University of Chicago SUPERgroup [AJ797RVXOXFR1] Contact
TO: [Pay=3.94] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=17] [ToS=0]
Reward: 10.00
Duration: 10800
Description: Volunteer for a University of Chicago research study in which you write rules to control Internet-connected devices
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Do this one. It ended up taking me about 35-40 minutes for $10. I found it to be pretty fun too![/td][/tr]

Last edited:

KellieS23

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Object discrimination task (~15 mins) | Accept
Requester: Shao-Fang Wang [AC3AAUQMTYVU4] Contact
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 2.00
Duration: 20 minutes
Description: You will see a series of objects. Your task is to determine whether they are the same or different. The task will take about 15 min to complete.
Qualifications: Age - 25 - 30 EqualTo 1; Masters Exists ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 50; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Not too bad, WATCH THE TIMER!! It's a legit 14-15 mins[/td][/tr]

LumosDC

Reaction score
Title: Survey about politics(~ 4 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Rasmus Skytte [A3SPFFG0VZHMLG] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$12.19] [Pay=4.20] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.74] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=31] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=8.56] [Pen=0.07 days] [Res=0%] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.42
Duration: 1800
Available: 112
Description: In this survey, you will be asked some questions about yourself and about politics. The task takes approximately 4 minutes to complete.
Qualifications: Exc: [-934176049-102798] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

MarkC

Stay awhile and listen.
Contributor
Reaction score

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: A research study on Internet-connected devices (no experience required) | PANDA
Requester: University of Chicago SUPERgroup [AJ797RVXOXFR1] (Req TV): $19.04/hr
(TO): [Pay: 3.94] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fast: 5.00]
Description:
Volunteer for a University of Chicago research study in which you write rules to control Internet-connected devices
Time: 3 hour(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $10.00
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US;

HOTD Only took me 20 minutes, but I can see how it can take longer. Very entertaining, actually.

KellieS23

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Study #137_F - Answer short screener about YouTube TV app. Qualifying participants can complete tasks/survey for $8 bonus | Accept
Requester: MeasuringU Research [A1YP92UR15YUWD] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$11.06] [Pay=3.68] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.79] [Fast=4.17] [Comm=4.38] [Fair=4.35] [Reviews=51] [ToS=5]
TO2: [Hrly=7.45] [Pen=3.00 days] [Res=100%] [Rec=50%] [Rej=0] [ToS=1] [Brk=2]
Reward: 1.27
Duration: 21600
Description: You MUST have access to the YouTube TV app. We'd like you to complete a short screener. If you qualify you can continue to a 30-40 minute study for an $8 bonus.
Qualifications: COMPLETED STUDY #137 DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 93; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
...huh...[/td][/tr]

MarkC

Stay awhile and listen.
Contributor
Reaction score
"My child are about to go to school." damn. I love when these things are funny
like 3 hits later "I can’t have biological children" .. ffs

Last edited:
Reactions: lolkatB

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Another question. How do you guys catch so many great HITs if you can only have Panda Crazy trying to catch two or three to avoid PREs? I use HIT forker and HIT notifier and before I know it I am trying to catch too many and it's all slowed down. And then I always hate deleting them out of my queue because you have no idea knowing if they are dead or not. Jerami @Jerami please be patient with this new turker :tearsofjoy: In all fairness you have been a big help along my journey. You all have been great.
I have all the patience in the world. :) I don't use PC or HForker. So, you'll have to translate this to work with the tools that you use.

TL: DR I don't rely on PandAs. I rely on catching the HIT when it posts. Too many people turn on the forum and grab a bunch of old PandAs for stuff that posted before they started. I never do this. They pop up on HitFinder if they come up again.

I pretty much start my day by clearing out all of the PandAs I was using the day before, from HC.
Then I turn on HFinder and start. NOTE: I could have HitCatcher trying to catch a million HITs without a PRE, first of all, since it looks for them consecutively. But, it will only try each HIT once every (#of running PandAs x #ms[speed])/1000 seconds. So, 60@ a second gives you once a minute, it will try to accept each HIT. So, my limited number of PandAs is not to prevent PREs. It's to increase my chances of catching the HIT I want by trying more frequently.
If I try to accept a HIT and don't catch it, I immediately add it to my running PandAs.(HC)
Once I get up to 3 or 4, I go into HC and turn 1 or 2 off. I prioritize which I'd most like to catch, and try to figure, as best I can, the likelihood of catching it. If it's a $40 HIT, I may not put it at the top of my priority list because I'm less likely to catch it over a $4 HIT. Because more people are trying for it. They are trying harder.(more often) And, there are probably less to go around.
Then, I start working HITs.
If I see a HIT pop on HFinder, I grab it or PandA it, while working my HITs.
If I hear HC say it caught something, I quickly open it to see what it caught, and turn on the next PandA in my mental list, while deleting the one I caught.
Rinse.
Repeat.

Couple of tips;
Don't worry about deleting something because it may not be dead.(You can always put it up again, if you change your mind) You could try and set an alert, I guess. But, after a bit, I feel it's not the best use of my time trying to catch something old, when there's always new stuff coming. When it starts to slow down at the end of the day, If a PandA has run for a while but, some other ones haven't I'll switch it up, realizing that every minute that goes by, there is less of a chance that it's still around. If its ultra slow, I'll just refresh HFinder and then it will let me know if any HITs come back around, as if they were new.

Also, don't worry about preventing PREs. I mean, you don't want them but, the goal is to catch the HIT. So, we aren't trying to prevent PREs by running less PandAs, per se. We are trying to increase our chances of catching the HIT. The only way to do that is to try more often. Since we are limited by 2 things, the fact that we can only try about once per second, and that we can only try and catch a single HIT each time we try. With both of those limitations, the only logical solution that I can find is to limit the number of HITs we are trying to catch at any one time. Since we also know that good HITs don't last more than about 2-3 seconds, at best, we can't run more than 2 or 3 PandAs.

In conclusion, I catch most of my HITs straight from HIT Finder. That's really the key to catching HITs. Proper PandA management helps but, having your HIT finding tool(Forker,Scraper,Finder, etc) visible at all times is essential to the way I work. I can see a HIT post almost a second before it beeps to alert me. I grab everything that there's a remote chance I'd like to do. I toss back about 1 or 2 of every 10 but, I don't miss much. I know exactly where the top of my Hit Finder window is. I can get to the accept button within a second. That's how I catch HITs.:) I don't really rely on PandAs to catch anything. That's just a second chance if I screwed up and missed it.

This is just the way I do it. It works for me. Ymmv
Also,

Last edited:

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Don't do it! They rejected me :(
I don't know about that particular study but, I've done 2 others for Genius Marketing. Both approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.