08/17 - Finally Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KillMoles

°
Contributor
Reaction score
...There was a slug in my kitchen drawer. I had no idea.
Here I am, cooking some chicken nuggets, and pull it out halfway through to shake it, using a glove from the kitchen drawer.. and I feel like my hand's being burned, as though the glove was wet or something.
I put down the tray and there's this fat gray slug.
I drop the slug.
I pull out another glove and put the chicken back in the oven.
I'm looking all over for the slug and I can't find it -- who knew they could move that fast‽
fast forward three more minutes and I find the slug. dead. on the left bottom edge of the toaster oven. inside. cooking.
cooking slugs and nuggets..
yuk
We had tetanus earlier and now deadly slugs. This is where I draw the the line and must retire for the evening before I become sick myself, or start typing really stupid stuff. Later!

https://news.nationalgeographic.com...s-rat-lungworm-brain-parasite-health-science/

Reactions: The Great Bread

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
It reminds me one time I was eating some cereal and there was a dead ant in the bowl. So yuk is right. lol.
dead ant?

I had HALF of a dead ant in my toothbrush before. can you even imagine whatever beast left half the ant's body on my toothbrush?
gross

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score

Tandem In Time

Tandem in Space
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I did the responsible thing.
I threw the toothbrush away and bought a new one.
I would have suggested simply boiling the toothbrush for 5 minutes to disinfect it... But now knowing what I do about your living arrangement, you'd probably turn on the water faucet and a snake would slither out instead of water.

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
I would have suggested simply boiling the toothbrush for 5 minutes to disinfect it... But now knowing what I do about your living arrangement, you'd probably turn on the water faucet and a snake would slither out instead of water.
actually, that's where you're wrong!

I am surprised I had any problems at all

I had bedbugs like two years ago, so after bagging and disposing of the mattress and boxspring, I put one of those under-door gaskets on the bedroom door, I carefully moved everything out of the room (either in tied bags, or washed laundry).

I steam cleaned the room (and dressers, lol) twice per day for two days, and on the third day I released like 15 centipedes into the house.

I haven't had a problem since then, of any sort

alk69

Reaction score
...There was a slug in my kitchen drawer. I had no idea.
Here I am, cooking some chicken nuggets, and pull it out halfway through to shake it, using a glove from the kitchen drawer.. and I feel like my hand's being burned, as though the glove was wet or something.
I put down the tray and there's this fat gray slug.
I drop the slug.
I pull out another glove and put the chicken back in the oven.
I'm looking all over for the slug and I can't find it -- who knew they could move that fast‽
fast forward three more minutes and I find the slug. dead. on the left bottom edge of the toaster oven. inside. cooking.
cooking slugs and nuggets..
yuk
And here I thought that I was the only one who could get into these sorta situations....

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: User Experience of Loading Web Pages at Different Speeds | Accept
Requester: yizhuo [A27171KSQKJ4TX] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.25
Duration: 1200
Available: 1
Description: We will show you videos of web page loading with different loading speeds. Your job is to choose your level of satisfaction if you were browsing the website in the video. The task will take no more than 10 minutes.
Qualifications: Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.7
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I'm having option paralysis.
Anybody have any strong feelings on iPad Air 2 vs iPad Mini 2?

It's for some teaching/educational stuff for my kids, and I know they're not going to care either way. They're the same price, same capacity. :ahhh:

Reactions: Jerami

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

It's for some teaching/educational stuff for my kids, and I know they're not going to care either way. They're the same price, same capacity. :ahhh:
Is one screen bigger? Headphone port on either? Those would be my only deciders, everything else being equal.

Reactions: DareAngel3

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score

samsung galaxies aren't an option? :rain:

Status
Not open for further replies.