Status
Not open for further replies.

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
stuffalleysays @stuffalleysays

couldn't respond to this in yesterday's thread:
"Just try to breathe and if new to turking, do safer hits until you have numbers. And stay away from req'a w/o a review yet. I am still sitting on every hit for her that I completed after the qual, makes me grow more and more nervous as I have not seen any more of those 10k hits go up either. But perhaps she is fine tuning everything, hopefully."

i agree. i'm at 8598 as of today. NEVER should have done as many of those that i did but i do also think she's being unfair not giving actual feedback, etc. like if she told me WHAT i did wrong or gave me the opportunity to edit/redo them so I knew what the problem was and "got up to her standards" i'd be totally okay with that. my approval rate is still over 99% but that was good money for me, i usually get nothing more than .5 batches on a regular today plus a few less than $3 surveys if i'm lucky.
on a side note, saw your message about your mom yesterday - my father had a very serious/rare cancer so if you ever need to talk, i'm around :)
And I am still waiting, I was kind of hoping to wake up to a resolution. I'm so nervous about them and they are preventing me from using my buffer room until they clear, which as you know means losing out on money. I'm a few hundred shy of 10k and have 1 rejection on the books, I have a little wiggle room, but not the numbers that many of these other fine turkers have amassed.
Mom has been in remission a while now, which is great! But that 6 hour round trip to Iowa City several times a week is not missed at all! Sorry about your dad, I hope he is doing well it's weird because I was never scared that mom was going to die, as if I just knew she would be alright. My dad passed when I was 16 and I had a son pass in his infancy but I kind of knew it was coming where they were concerned, with mom it just never crossed my mind as an option, if that makes sense

Last edited:
Reactions: themildone

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
If you're falling over (maybe tripped over a crack in the sidewalk) is it better to catch yourself on your hands, or your knees?

Asking for a (scraped up) friend.

Reactions: Sondi and jan

Butter

in the ref
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Psychology Experiment | Accept
Requester: Cory Derringer [AK5OM4OI14DIP] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=3.88] [Fast=4.91] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=17] [ToS=0]
Reward: 3.50
Duration: 18000
Available: 1
Description: You will complete a series of brief judgment tasks. This is a research study being conducted through the University of Pittsburgh.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.7
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

ecko

Contributor
Reaction score
If you're falling over (maybe tripped over a crack in the sidewalk) is it better to catch yourself on your hands, or your knees?

hands, they heal faster.

Reactions: Jaded

Devil_Dawg

Marine, Husband, Father, Grand Father
Contributor
Reaction score

best not to trip

Reactions: ecko and Jaded

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score

i'd say knees...you don't have to touch everything with your knees :thinking:

also, doing my first Noah. How long do they usually take? I feel like I'm going too fast

Reaction score

Depends if you're holding anything important... Otherwise, "Por que no los dos?"

I joke, but seriously, the more contact points you can land on the ground at the same time the more spread out the impact will be, thereby reducing damage taken all around.

jan

Reaction score
Title: Academic Study(~ 15 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Donna Schmitt [A369BGMI9MI19] Contact
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.50
Duration: 1800
Description: If you qualify to participate, you can ear up to $2.50 for participating and answering some questions. This study should take approximatley 15 minutes. Must be 25 or older to participate.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

charlie

Reaction score

having done exactly that a few months ago.. tripped over a stupid parking curb because i wasn't paying attention (had my head buried in my phone) and took the brunt of the landing on my right knee. scraped all to hell and the scab was as big around as a softball. it hurt for weeks! luckily just bloodied up nothing worse but still IT HURT!

TSolo315

SnapNCrackle
Administrator
Reaction score

Turn the momentum into a forward shoulder roll followed by a handstand and act like you always do spontaneous things like this and it was all on purpose.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

I fall a lot b/c I'm a moron and my normal routine is to protect my head and try to fall on my side. Falling down a hill, I'll kneel. Falling on flat land, hands on head, arms protect face, fall to side. Once I fell down a hill carrying a beer and did not spill it at all... I trip & fall a lot. Always avoid the hands and knees if I can b/c those can be replaced and it's expensive and painful.

Dragonfly

Reaction score
Another question for you guys. Did anyone do the Noah HIT yesterday that was the movie recommendation chat thing? One time no one else showed up and it said to submit it and then another time the person left the after ten or so minutes and I submitted it because it said to. Finally my third try was a success. The third one has approved and the other two have not and I'm a little worried. I found it odd I was told to submit anyway (especially for the first one). Just seeing if anyone else had issues. A couple times I was late to the game and it said to return it and obviously I did.

Reactions: stuffalleysays

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
wow just had to return 10 surveys because I wasn't eligible. wtf.

Trucker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Survey about user experience of a platform | Accept
Requester: Guo Yang [A3169YWKRGKOLT] Contact
TO: [Pay=1.75] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=4] [ToS=1]
TO2: [Hrly=8.00] [Pen=null] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.60
Duration: 1800
Description: This is an academic research; in 5 to 7 minutes.
Qualifications: poor quality DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 98; done the mcheck before DoesNotExist ; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
2 mins[/td][/tr]

Status
Not open for further replies.