08/15 - We'll miss ya Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
BF lives with me and knows I Turk to pay the house bills/groceries. His sisters are retired and live closer, he is self-employed and only works a few weeks a year. They just don't want to have commitments.. :shifty:
Oh yeah.... I'd definitely bring up that it's too far and takes money out of your pocket and hours from your workday. Tell them it's "impractical" when people live closer. People don't like being told nicely that they're asinine.

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
I was always "pokey" as a kid. I was too busy thinking about math/science/psych to move quickly. Movement always came in second to thought, in my world. And if I thought too much, movement would cease entirely until I solved whatever mental problem I was trying to work out. Yup. They called me pokey. I thought they moved entirely too much. :)
Prefs, yo.
This is my kid. And when he moves he sometimes moves all jerky, in time to his thoughts (almost like he's acting out what's in his head). This morning as I was waiting to pull out back into moving traffic after I dropped him off for school I saw a motorcycle cop coming the opposite way, slowly, and he was staring at something on the sidewalk and kept staring until he was looking over his shoulder.

I looked at what he was staring at and realized it was my son (there were no other kids around), who was galumphing his way down the sidewalk and if you don't know him you would think his slow, abnormal gate meant he was injured.

I had a good laugh.

Then flipped around and heading the direction the bike cop was heading only to see he had pulled over and whipped out his speeding gun. (I had not a good laugh at that and was glad I always piss people off by how slowly I move in my car, meaning I do the darn speed limit especially in a school zone!)

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Did I miss 2nd half of the ipsoft batch? husband was 'fixing' the internet

ok he really did fix it I just wanted to be snotty

Reactions: SherryNotShirley

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Now it makes sense why they all wanted to go out to dinner tonight. We never go out...
Good, so they won't be hungry when you tell them that you doing it isn't a solution. Srsly though good luck with that convo. Sounds like a tense situation.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
BF lives with me and knows I Turk to pay the house bills/groceries. His sisters are retired and live closer, he is self-employed and only works a few weeks a year. They just don't want to have commitments.. :shifty:
Well, you do have commitments, apparently. And that's exactly what you should say. You don't have to be mean, just straight forward and honest. Make sure that you don't give them any room for negotiation. Say, no, I don't want to and would prefer to do this other thing. You'll have to find someone else. Then change the subject or go back to whatever you were doing. Don't let them try and argue the point. Sounds like taking care of Nana is a family thing that the 3 of them can surely figure out without your help. If they truly need help. Tell them you'll post the Craigslist ad offering $25 to anyone who actually wants to do it.

Last edited:

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Now it makes sense why they all wanted to go out to dinner tonight. We never go out...
Say you want to cook for them instead.
Halfway through the meal say "There is a poison circulating through your body right now, you will all die in 15 minutes".
Then once everyone starts freaking out and trying to kill you say you were just kidding.

This is how I would personally respond to this job offer.

None of my family speaks to me anymore.

A6_Foul_Out

I only use Organic TurkerView reviews
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Reactions: IPsoft AWS Account

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: User Test, Requires Windows or Mac, bd036805 | PANDA
Requester: SoundingBox (Change Sciences Group) [A1DIWKR9NEY82N] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 3.63 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.41 Generosity
★★★★ 4.11 Fairness
★★★★★ 3.89 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 155 | TOS Flags: 24
Submit a new TO review
Description: Perform a user test on a website. It's fun and your opinion matters!
Time: 7200
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $5.00
Qualifications: StudyGroupExclusion - 3bee721b-e74e-4f36-99ee-87b9f8371fe5 DoesNotExist ;Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000;HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90;Location In US

TheUnclubbableGamer

Reaction score
Anyone having issues logging into Prolific on Chrome? It is giving me a 500 error, I have cleared cache, etc and still the same issue. I can however log on through Fire fox, but I hate fire fox.
Yes, I haven't been able to look at the studies through chrome all day. I can look at my account info and submissions though.

Reactions: Stealthy714
Status
Not open for further replies.