08/15 - Trip Thursday!

Do HIT posts or survey time posts help you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zara

Permanent Lurker
Reaction score
To do or not to do the $10 lots o' writing HIT...it's been in my queue for about 2 hours and it's just festering like a zit or something...:redpandathinking:
I recommend not if it's still 20 items that you have to do. It's awful and will make your brain hurt trying to make sense of what they're asking for. Pretty sure I spent at least 2 hours to make $9 the other day. Really wish I hadn't.

Reactions: alk69

largeeyes

Reaction score
If you have any of the VRapi hits that just posted, return them asap.

KellieS23

Anyone else feel like a Rainbow?
Contributor
Reaction score
I recommend not if it's still 20 items that you have to do. It's awful and will make your brain hurt trying to make sense of what they're asking for. Pretty sure I spent at least 2 hours to make $9 the other day. Really wish I hadn't.
Ouch, thanks for the tip :thumbsup:

Reactions: Zara

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
++ folks who just can't run scripts (god bless them haha).

I can add MTC as an export option for reviews if it'd be helpful? I know there are some MTC natives who leave a lot of reviews ( DareAngel3 @DareAngel3 ?) so might save them a step.
ChrisTurk @ChrisTurk :pray:

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
++ folks who just can't run scripts (god bless them haha).

I can add MTC as an export option for reviews if it'd be helpful? I know there are some MTC natives who leave a lot of reviews ( DareAngel3 @DareAngel3 ?) so might save them a step.
I appreciate the offer. I can't imagine many would complain if you did.

Reactions: scrmcasey

Srndpty

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Prescreening | PANDA
Requester: lkursat [A1QNXLCZKG9ONU] (Req TV): $15.55/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
Answer two questions about yourself
Time: 15 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 13
Reward: $0.05
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US;

HIT Time: 0:19

dreamonjaded1

Reaction score
Ugh... I forgot about 12:30. I'm waiting ND hoping for two more people.

alk69

Reaction score
I was wondering how many people still get use out of HIT/time posts, since it's something we've been trying to push a little more lately with the weekly challenge thing.

I always figured the HIT posts at least help newer turkers that might not be that comfortable with finding their own HITs, but I'm curious about how many of the veterans still get use out of them. Also, with tools like TurkerView, that show HIT times right on the HITs, I was wondering if people still find the times posted here useful.
I've been at this for 8 years and I still use posted HITs. Forker doesn't always catch everything 'cause it might be gone too soon to notice it. And I might not notice something good on Forker. Posts help. I mostly panda HITs these days. No longer very vigilant about catching them early. I'm also not a very good poster. My preference is to post what I've done or previewed with my comments--good or bad. I feel that I should vet what I post. 'Sides I'm slow. By the time I decide that I should post somethin', it's been done and there are three pages of discussion about it.
And then there are times and reviews about HITs. I'm only mildly worried about times. Time is what you spend doing the job you're being paid to do. In self employment, time means little. You're not paid for time. You're paid for the job. I'd rather be concerned about the requester's reputation. And past history for trouble.
Overall posting and discussions are invaluable to both beginners and veterans. You can not have enough information. And no matter how long you do a thing, you can not learn it all. Some body knows somethin' you don't.

KellieS23

Anyone else feel like a Rainbow?
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Viewing and rating movie clips | Accept
Requester: Memory Lab [A1YKEBYU4AR2L2] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$14.46] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.00] [Fast=4.40] [Comm=4.50] [Fair=4.60] [Reviews=13] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 20:00
Available: 1
Description: You will watch movies clips and decide when there are changes in the movie; Due to the movie clip format, this task can only run on mac desktop or laptop computers!
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 98

EDIT: If I remember correctly this is Inquisit (didn't work for me)

Last edited:

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
I've been at this for 8 years and I still use posted HITs. Forker doesn't always catch everything 'cause it might be gone too soon to notice it. And I might not notice something good on Forker. Posts help. I mostly panda HITs these days. No longer very vigilant about catching them early. I'm also not a very good poster. My preference is to post what I've done or previewed with my comments--good or bad. I feel that I should vet what I post. 'Sides I'm slow. By the time I decide that I should post somethin', it's been done and there are three pages of discussion about it.
And then there are times and reviews about HITs. I'm only mildly worried about times. Time is what you spend doing the job you're being paid to do. In self employment, time means little. You're not paid for time. You're paid for the job. I'd rather be concerned about the requester's reputation. And past history for trouble.
Overall posting and discussions are invaluable to both beginners and veterans. You can not have enough information. And no matter how long you do a thing, you can not learn it all. Some body knows somethin' you don't.
I agree completely. I use them still, too. I spend so much of my day looking at the forum instead of HIT Finder, so it's nice that I can still see stuff popping up on here as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.