Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
hard to believe summer is almost over
kids go back tomorrow in some areas here
colleges in a week and a half

it’ll be fall before you know it
Don't let this distract you from the fact that in 1966, Al Bundy scored four touchdowns in a single game while playing for the Polk High School Panthers in the 1966 city championship game versus Andrew Johnson High School, including the game-winning touchdown in the final seconds against his old nemesis, "Spare Tire" Dixon

LumosDC

Reaction score
But unless it's a ginormous city the public transit can just be not so convenient and very time consuming.
That could really eat into your WOW time.
Don't know if I'd call Washington, DC 'ginormous' size-wise, but our public transit suuuucks. Every year it gets worse due to the amount of maintenance they do and increases the time to get to where you want to go due to single tracking, bus bridges, increased motor vehicles, etc. Then it turns out that they don't do the maintenance or only half assed, don't follow safety procedures, and/or use sub-standard equipment.

They then bleed riders even after major track work is done bc riders a) find a better way to get to work, school, etc and b) don't trust the work was done right. Then comes the rising fares and operating hours are reduced, so even more people leave. Rinse and repeat.

Did a survey probably about 18 months ago about how much money should the family of a rider who died because of the smoke from an arching insulator. Showed a long video (>5 minutes) about other riders trying to preform CPR on her after she collapsed and then firefighters as well. It required people who lived in DC area, so it really made me take the buses/Lyft/etc even more after that and I'm sure it was the same for others who did the survey.

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
Don't let this distract you from the fact that in 1966, Al Bundy scored four touchdowns in a single game while playing for the Polk High School Panthers in the 1966 city championship game versus Andrew Johnson High School, including the game-winning touchdown in the final seconds against his old nemesis, "Spare Tire" Dixon
this comment cracks me up anytime i see it

LowCalCalzone

Legalize Ranch
Contributor
Reaction score
I thought to christ this was going to be the Mankind and Undertaker copypasta.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Hit Catcher question: can I panda a requester ID to just grab all the hits they put up? (c-sats for example)

Armadillo2004

Reaction score
I was approached by people and offered weed or meth at least 25% of the time as I was waiting for the Green Line at the Forest Park station. Never accepted, but at least I knew where to get myself some delicious meth in case I was ever interested.

"10/10~ Would ride again."
I'll be honest, most of my experiences are in the Loop and going north from there. You can run into problems everywhere, but those areas are a slightly different demographic. LOL

Armadillo2004

Reaction score
So is it a violation of any kind to use incognito mode for surveys so you can take them again if you are rejected for blowing an attention check?

Reactions: SCOTTM

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well that 6 dollar Ed Testing hit was fun.

jmr

Reaction score
Panda Crazy will let you do that, using the search function.
i for the life of me cannot figure out panda crazy. installed the script but can't even figure out where to load it from

Reactions: jan

Minx2121

Reaction score
it would be huge for me to have access to public transit or to move in general? I don't like the thought of living in a city but at the same time I think it would be so much better than living in the middle of freakin' nowhere like I am now.
I am the opposite lol, my fiance and I want to go off grid eventually, we are in Iowa :p

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
So, completely unrelated to turking and may not appeal to a lot of younglings here, but...

For the first time in 24 years, Steve Perry has a solo album coming out October 5th, called Traces. All new material, original songs. The real deal.

https://www.amazon.com/Traces-Steve-Perry/dp/B07G3T49RB

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
So is it a violation of any kind to use incognito mode for surveys so you can take them again if you are rejected for blowing an attention check?
100%.

And it can mess things up for all of us if requesters feel scammed, therefore choose to not post on mturk any longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.