08/13 - Swimming Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

corvid

Contributor
Reaction score
This is my uncle. Married his first wife twice (his only child). Married 3 weeks ago to his 8th wife. Total of 9 marriages.
That sounds awful. Weddings are such an ordeal. I'm not sure I even want to go through it once, let alone multiple times.

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: ~12-15 minute research study with possible bonus for a charity you choose ($0-$1.00)(~ 15 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: MPR Lab [AI2G5V8H1U52N] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 4.01] [Fair: 4.78] [Comm: 4.25] [Fast: 4.79]
Description:
Participate in a research task
Time: 2 hours
HITs Available: 2
Reward: $1.51
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 50; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 97; Exc: [-1082856188-18870] has not been granted; Location is one of: US;
this was terrible. after the three 'tests' the screen asks a question, then the page goes black, and ... nothing happens.

AlphaFemale

Contributor
Reaction score
I wonder what the record really is. Hmmmmmm.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glynn_Wolfe

"Glynn Wolfe. Glynn Wolfe, also known as Scotty Wolfe (July 25, 1908 – June 10, 1997), was a Baptist minister who resided in Blythe, California. He was famous for holding the record for the largest number of monogamous marriages (29). His shortest marriage lasted 19 days, and his longest lasted eleven years."

Devil_Dawg

Marine, Husband, Father, Grand Father
Contributor
Reaction score

"Glynn Wolfe. Glynn Wolfe, also known as Scotty Wolfe (July 25, 1908 – June 10, 1997), was a Baptist minister who resided in Blythe, California. He was famous for holding the record for the largest number of monogamous marriages (29). His shortest marriage lasted 19 days, and his longest lasted eleven years."
guess he didn't believe what he was selling

lil queen trashmouth

Pile of ham
Contributor
Reaction score
That sounds awful. Weddings are such an ordeal. I'm not sure I even want to go through it once, let alone multiple times.
My wedding began at 1pm and ended at 5pm. As in, "the clock has struck 5 - everybody out, we're leaving". Highly recommended.

Reactions: corvid

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score

Great catch, AlphaFemale @Jenningka ! ( And I'm quite familiar with Blythe. Wayyyyyyyyyyy out in the boonies. Get's upwards of 120F )

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
When a survey has a high reward but is looking for a specific demographic.
no
I'm sure you'd eventually get caught. maybe having conflicting quals assigned or something, or you might do another hit for the same requester and different demographics, and you will get caught and potentially banned from mturk. not to mention that being positive about cheating (even when joking) would make potential users that are browsing the site (including requesters) feel you are serious and that it's common, acceptable behavior

honesty within the hits is your best option, because then you don't need to remember the fabrications that you've created.

Last edited:

TSolo315

SnapNCrackle
Administrator
Reaction score
not to mention that being positive about cheating (even when joking) would make potential users that are browsing the site (including requesters) feel you are serious and that it's common, acceptable behavior
And it's against forum rules.

"Maintain integrity when working on HITs. Follow Requester instructions and abide by the MTurk Terms of Service."

Reactions: heeheehahaha

j0e

Bounty Turker
Contributor
Reaction score
no
I'm sure you'd eventually get caught. maybe having conflicting quals assigned or something, or you might do another hit for the same requester and different demographics, and you will get caught and potentially banned from mturk. not to mention that being positive about cheating (even when joking) would make potential users that are browsing the site (including requesters) feel you are serious and that it's common, acceptable behavior

honesty within the hits is your best option, because then you don't need to remember the fabrications that you've created.
IIRC someone did this with Ben Peterson hits and got suspended

Reactions: heeheehahaha

AlphaFemale

Contributor
Reaction score
no

I'm always worried about this as my situation changes.... move to a new state, new housemate that ups household income, etc. Even when my age bracket changed last month. I went from the usual like 18-29 to the 30-39 and I'm like... ohh, am I locked out of stuff now? Always gives me pause.

AlphaFemale

Contributor
Reaction score
IIRC someone did this with Ben Peterson hits and got suspended
He tracks all your info. Once you fill out your age and stuff, you never have to again. He emailed me after I did like, 3 of them.

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm always worried about this as my situation changes.... move to a new state, new housemate that ups household income, etc. Even when my age bracket changed last month. I went from the usual like 18-29 to the 30-39 and I'm like... ohh, am I locked out of stuff now? Always gives me pause.
It can be tricky, but it's not very common to change, and then revert to the original, change, revert back, etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.