08/13 - Smooth Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 526

what is the best thing to invest in so we can get money back over what we made and then don't have to turk to pay rent? all I can see is

1. stock market - too risky but can make a lot
2. cd's - not risky but would pay basically nothing

isn't there something else that is better? and not have to wait for 30 years to get it.

Last edited by a moderator:

SarahAshlee90

Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
what is the best thing to invest in so we can get money back over what we made and then don't have to turk to pay rent? all I can see is

isn't there something else that is better? and not have to wait for 30 years to get it.
If you owe any personal debt; car loan, credit cards, personal loans etc. invest in paying them off. You'll get the money back many times over rather quickly.

Kliq

Reaction score

Skills and your career?

K'Lee

The Royal Taster
Contributor
Reaction score
I went camping once and my tent was blown over by a storm so we had to pack up and go stay in a cabin and then there was a tornado.

The End.
We are currently renovating and fixing up a vintage camper that we got for dirt cheap. Bought some fabric today to replace the old ugly fabric. Fixed the water leaks. I'm now actually getting excited to finish it so we can go camping.

Reactions: coffeeowl and Jaded

YAHU

YAHUUUUUUU
Contributor
Reaction score

you're talking about 'retirement' basically

if you had 100k in ATT i think you'd get about 5k/y in dividends

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score

I think I'm not understanding your question.
Getting your money to work for you is all well and good, but you seem to be looking for a very large % of interest, right?

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Time machine and bitcoins.

SalvadorZombie

The Jon Moxley of Mturk
Reaction score

If your portfolio is diverse enough and you're in for the long term, the stock market actually isn't that risky. But you have to have a diverse portfolio, likely with a decent balance of mutual funds.

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Investment decisions | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Alex Imas [A3O7WJ8DGFDD8K] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 3.96] [Fast: 3.63] [Comm: 2.00] [Fair: 4.75] [Reviews: 28] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
Not Available
Reward: $3.00
Duration: 5 hours
Available: 1
Description: Make a series of investment decisions ($3 + average bonus of $4)
Requirements: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location EqualTo US;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.5

klyde

No, I don't want to see your pog collection
Contributor
Reaction score
I had five bitcoins and I think I sold them for a cool $8 years and years ago
Wish I would have invested in them when they were a few dollars each like 5-7 years ago

Horse Feathers

There's no future in time travel.
Contributor
Reaction score
naw, people just don't even try to learn about money management and borrow/spend too much.
When I started my career, you couldn't even get a credit card unless you were well off. We didn't have debt because when we made large purchases we put them on layaway. Pay off in six months with no interest and then get the item. Nowdays they throw credit cards at everyone.

Reactions: Type2Work and YAHU

YAHU

YAHUUUUUUU
Contributor
Reaction score
When I started my career, you couldn't even get a credit card unless you were well off. We didn't have debt because when we made large purchases we put them on layaway. Pay off in six months with no interest and then get the item. Nowdays they throw credit cards at everyone.
I was so nervous about credit that I waited till I was 23 to get a card.
I carried a balance once and had to pay 30 bucks, but besides that I've made about 3-4k worth of airfare/hotel points, and probably 2-3k in rewards

Status
Not open for further replies.