08/12 - Saga Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meghan Carlson

Reaction score
Great idea! Always work on safe numbers HITs. There are a few batches that we all can suggest if needed. They are somewhat valuable for unlocking more HITs, although the impact of this is a lot less than most new Turkers realize... The more valuable thing is that numbers HITs help buffer you against rejections, allowing you to maintain a >99% approval rate, which is a really important thing to do.

Are you using MTurk Suite yet? It makes finding HITs so much easier regardless of what time you log-in for newer Turkers.

My general observations about timing:
1. Weekdays are when more surveys tend to be posted, and the frequency of new surveys being posted is highest during typical normal hours (8AM-6PMish EST). Being on the West Coast, I've found requesters tend to start slowing down a bit after 3PM in my time zone.

2. Weekends are always much slower than weekdays. Can't give an exact number but 75% slower sounds right. That being said, while there are fewer HITs and surveys posted, there are also far fewer people Turking on the weekends. Therefore, there's less competition. When I was really new and inefficient about catching HITs, I actually made more on weekend days than weekdays (However, I do have a regular 9-5 job that I work around on week days)

3. On weekends, I tend to leave Pandas (or Watchers in Hit Catcher) running for higher-$ HITs while I go do other stuff around the house. Last night, I left Watchers running for three >$5.00 HITs that others had posted on the forum earlier in the day. I gave my kids their baths and put them to sleep, and when I returned to my computer around 9PM I had caught 2 of those >$5.00 HITs. It doesn't always work-out so well, but in general it's not a bad idea to leave a 2 to 3 Watchers running while you're away from you computer.

Feel free to let us know if you have any other questions. Today is painfully slow... so people are probably more likely to answer since we're not preoccupied with working on tons of HITs.
i am using the suite and it made a big difference! i haven't tried the watchers yet so i am going to give that a shot! thanks for the advise!!

ducky

good brain, good life
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
I just spent an hour looking through my bookmarks and reorganizing them just to never look at them again until the next time i reorganize them

Tandem In Time

Tandem in Space
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
i am using the suite and it made a big difference! i haven't tried the watchers yet so i am going to give that a shot! thanks for the advise!!
I rarely catch anything directly from HIT Finder because there are a ton of people (and bots) who are using automated scripts to simply grab as many high-value HITs as quickly as possible, and then return the ones they don't want to do.

Therefore, I catch most of my higher paying HITs via Watchers that I set within HIT Catcher... Like 50-75% of my HITs are caught via Watchers.

charlie

Reaction score
the perfect day for Sergeys and there are none today. bleh.

Reactions: KYKITTY

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
I rarely catch anything directly from HIT Finder because there are a ton of people (and bots) who are using automated scripts to simply grab as many high-value HITs as quickly as possible, and then return the ones they don't want to do.

Therefore, I catch most of my higher paying HITs via Watchers that I set within HIT Catcher... Like 50-75% of my HITs are caught via Watchers.
I don't even bother clicking the accept/panda links anymore

Reactions: charlie

Meghan Carlson

Reaction score

you need to use the requester id for the catcher right?

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
oooh i see lol i was trying to find how to start the catcher
that's just one way to add them
you can also click the price all the way to the right, in hitfinder, and if you don't catch it immediately, there will be a yellowish button near the top that lets you export to hitcatcher

Tandem In Time

Tandem in Space
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I don't even bother clicking the accept/panda links anymore

Me too. The only time I even attempt click Accept is when something is posted and the number of HITs is high, or it is a Masters HIT. Only in those two scenarios is there a fair chance of actually grabbing the HIT.

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: How good are you at spotting creativity?(~ 7 minutes) | Accept
Requester: BetterUp Labs [A2ZKBROC26CSPZ] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$20.17] [Pay=4.78] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=5.00] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.66] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=36] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=7.80] [Pen=0.20 days] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 1.20
Duration: 3600
Available: 1
Description: In this task you will rate other's ideas based on how creative you think they are.
Qualifications: f6bc29b9 DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; eb9aea7b Exists ; Exc: [-1148526888-101856] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Inc: [-1701989912-101856] Exists ; Adult Content Qualification EqualTo 1; Location In US

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Qualify for ~20 job skills and knowledge tests | Accept
Requester: Sarah Cogswell [A5D4LUO0E8HE3] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=5] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=9.71] [Pen=0.27 days] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.25
Available: 10
Description: Quick screener for job experience, skiils, and demos to qualify for ~20 longer job skills tests. There are 2 attention checks which will disqualify you from further studies.
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 92; Location EqualTo US

Reactions: zabby

charlie

Reaction score
Title: Qualify for ~20 job skills and knowledge tests | Accept
Requester: Sarah Cogswell [A5D4LUO0E8HE3] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=5] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=9.71] [Pen=0.27 days] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.25
Available: 10
Description: Quick screener for job experience, skiils, and demos to qualify for ~20 longer job skills tests. There are 2 attention checks which will disqualify you from further studies.
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 92; Location EqualTo US
another easy paid screener. how great would it be if a bunch of requestors did these today. would make it an easy albeit boring day.

charlie

Reaction score
wow. i just put sergey racy videos on catcher. i'm grasping at straws today methinks.

Reactions: <Gucci> and ducky

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
another easy paid screener. how great would it be if a bunch of requestors did these today. would make it an easy albeit boring day.
that one can open up some easy money
the current versions are like timed tests, but they're easy
I only qualified for two though

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
BetterUp Labs is posting the same hit an awful lot... I wonder if they're not actually the same?

zabby

Reaction score
Its a Ben Peterson day I guess. I havent mturked in awhile. Just getting used to things again.

Meghan Carlson

Reaction score
i cant believe i had this tool the whole time and never used it lol. better late than never! game changer =]]

Reactions: Peachy

Dark Jade

Reaction score
Is there a dark theme for mturk? I used to use stylish but it stopped working. Any alternatives?

Status
Not open for further replies.