07/29 - Shape of Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

An Island in the Sun

Part-time brat
Reaction score
Random question of the day...I think I might have a cavity, but don't have dental insurance. Any self-employed people here, should I just pay out of pocket or get dental insurance? I thought my medical covered it, but nobody accepts it, doh.
I have self-employed dental insurance. It's okay but I don't feel like I'm saving all that much, more just like I'm spreading out what I'd otherwise pay over twelve monthly instalments.

But the main thing I want to tell you is that most dental insurance will not cover getting a cavity taken care of until six months or a year after you've started it. So not only would you not be saving all that much, you'd have to wait awhile before getting your cavity filled. However, there are some rare dental insurances (usually more expensive) that will let you start using those benefits right away and you may be able to find one; my plan is like that. In the long run, I'd say if you can afford it, for peace of mind it's better to have the insurance.

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: *START IMMEDIATELY* Decision Making Task (Average extra bonus $3.00)*START IMMEDIATELY* | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: NLab_amt [A3M0P0Q0RP7565] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 1] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
Not Available
Description: This task involves working with other Mechanical Turk workers. Please do not queue the HIT. You have to START IMMEDIATELY. It requires your complete attention for 45-70 minutes. If we are UNABLE to recruit the required number of players for HIT we will ask you to return the HIT , the game will be rescheduled for another time. The bonus is based on the decisions made in the game.
Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $3.00
Qualifications: None;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.21.11

An Island in the Sun

Part-time brat
Reaction score
I know Humana has a dental plan where you don't have to wait very long for it to take effect (usually after the 1st of next month). Costs like $31 a month
That could be one that covers cavities right away because it's on the more expensive side; mine is also $30-something a month and when I was comparing plans there were a lot of cheaper ones with waiting periods (and more expensive ones with waiting periods too, this was actually the only one in my area that covered cavities and stuff right away).

Most plans will start covering you for cleanings and I think x-rays and that normal stuff right away and you get free cleanings every six months after usually, but most won't help pay for any dental work like cavities, crowns and stuff until a waiting period of at least six months is over.

Desertdarlene

Baby Shorebird and Duckling Protector
Reaction score
Wow, my dental plan is almost a hundred a month with an 18 month waiting period for major work. However, it covers quite a bit of stuff when you use an in-network dentist.

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
That could be one that covers cavities right away because it's on the more expensive side; mine is also $30-something a month and when I was comparing plans there were a lot of cheaper ones with waiting periods (and more expensive ones with waiting periods too, this was actually the only one in my area that covered cavities and stuff right away).

Most plans will start covering you for cleanings and I think x-rays and that normal stuff right away and you get free cleanings every six months after usually, but most won't help pay for any dental work like cavities, crowns and stuff until a waiting period of at least six months is over.
Yeah that's the most expensive plan they have. All the others did indeed have longer waiting periods, but were cheaper

Get what you pay for eh

charlie

Reaction score
PE 17.11
Earnings available to transfer: 20.03
if i don't reach 20 PE at least I'll have $20 to transfer.

nopoopwarez

Contributor
Reaction score
Not worth the wait lol.

You've received a bonus from NLab_amt for work related to 306W7JMRYZ3GMSPCYJ5CUOG59JX8BD.
The value of your bonus is: $1.68 USD

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Turking was a bust last week, but at least next week is a brand new opportunity to be let down in new and different ways.

How have you been? I hadn't seen you lately and I missed your gifs.
I'm okay, I was away travelling to Santa Cruz with my son for his college orientation....it was neat to do something different. Thanks for that about the gifs, I missed being here too. I tired to do a little work on the train but the wi-fi was really spotty. Got a little done in the university library...here're a few pictures if you're board or just want a little virtual vacation. It's really beautiful there on campus, lots of trees a ratty would like. I saw a many very happy squirrels.

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Not worth the wait lol.

You've received a bonus from NLab_amt for work related to 306W7JMRYZ3GMSPCYJ5CUOG59JX8BD.
The value of your bonus is: $1.68 USD
Yeah, that format is much slower than the other ones like it. At least it paid quickly.

The value of your bonus is: $2.00 USD

charlie

Reaction score
you can only do 10
Title: Answer a survey about buying add-ons with other products | PANDA
Requester: Amazon Requester Inc. - Add-on Products [ADFZQ0498KSUE] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 0.00 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.00 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★★ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 2 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Give us your opinion about buying an add-on product along with your base purchase
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 1076
Reward: $0.02
Qualifications: None

Knight

Reaction score
Title: A 3-5 minute survey asking your opinion | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: E.M. [A1ZR30175MXTA3] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.75] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 3.67] [Reviews: 7] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: $8.47/hr] [Pen: 2.00 days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 100% of 4] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Description:
Give us your opinion on some topics
Time: 30 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.35
Qualifications: P-Test Survey has not been granted; B1 has not been granted; Location is US;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.21.11
about 2 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.