07/28 - Worthless Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

freekshow420

Reaction score
What if your partner ducked out and the HIT terminated?
that im not sure about, but when i did mine (the one i was able to work on and submit) I did get notified that my partner left. So i just clicked on the link again and it restarted and found a new partner and was able to finish with them and submit. The requester is pretty responsive and quick to respond as well if you feel like asking just to make sure.

Reactions: alk69

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
What if your partner ducked out and the HIT terminated?
If I catch it again, I'm going to try and do it. My partner left and the hit terminated when I did it.

Reactions: alk69

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score
I'm spacing....how do I contact a requester while the hit is still active? One hit is broken, has a long timer, and need to contact requestor . It's Mohin

thismegan

resting cat face
Reaction score
I'm spacing....how do I contact a requester while the hit is still active? One hit is broken, has a long timer, and need to contact requestor . It's Mohin
Don't bother. I emailed that requester almost 2 hours ago and still no response.

Just a warning to others if another player isn't matched after a long training part ("Interactive Game (large variable payment)(~ 15 minutes) - requester: Mohin "):

Participant A seems to be inactive and has not submitted any response.

The survey has been terminated. Your partner dropped out of the survey. Unfortunately, we cannot pay you for your time. Please do not submit a completion code.

Last edited:

Skittles

It's Pumpkinninny!
Reaction score
Try clicking on the link in the survey to restart the game. It worked for me when my partner dropped out.

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Everyday product features(~ 10 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Ozgun Atasoy [A2JO0X3JA6ECHQ]
TurkerView: [ $14.39 / hour ]
Description: You will evaluate common features of everyday products and answer some demographic questions. Please do not take this survey on a mobile device (e.g., a mobile phone); the system will not allow you to proceed with a mobile device.
Duration: 60 Min
Available: 10
Reward: $1.50
Qualifications:
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100
  • Exc: [9912393-309740] DoesNotExist
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95
  • CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100
  • Location In US
[3D3KZYB02J4MH3K8VJKYVRZWCPT8VH]

freekshow420

Reaction score
Don't bother. I emailed that requester almost 2 hours ago and still no response.

Just a warning to others if another player isn't matched after a long training part ("Interactive Game (large variable payment)(~ 15 minutes) - requester: Mohin "):
requester responded to me when i messaged them earlier this morning when the first time they posted and had an error. They were very quick to respond as well, took about 5 mins. I even emailed them a second time when i caught the hit again randomly, asking if it can be done a second time and they were quick to respond to that email as well.

normally i just hit the I symbol on the hits landing page on mturk (where you submit) and it gives me an option to contact requester.
Also as stated, that if you do get an error, clicking on the link again will restart the study. This is what i did and I was able to submit. Although the hit is still pending for me and the way the requester has their study set up suggests that they did not put anything in place to prevent you from preforming it again if you catch it (does not say you have completed it before) Making it a bit confusing. In their response to me about asking if you can do it a second time, all they said was that they prefer you only complete it once.... Not an indicator that they will reject you by restarting the survey if your partner drops out but also not an indicator that they wont either.

Here is hoping that we get approved for those of us that completed the hit by restarting the study when their partner dropped

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Easy survey(~ 10 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Yaeeun Kim [A2KICR68UU0M1H]
TurkerView: [ $8.09 / hour ]
Description: We will be presenting you with several different questionnaires. These questions all relate to how people think about and make decisions.
Duration: 30 Min
Available: 1
Reward: $0.75
Qualifications:
  • Exc: [308814-308225] DoesNotExist
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 97
  • CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100
  • Location In US
[3L952VOSIB6ULCI84FXPCEB06PXY83]

Reactions: JanetW

freekshow420

Reaction score
hmmm just caught this remesh, 5 min timer? and black screen with nothing on it on the mturk landing page... Remesh turing into poop?

Remesh Research
Title
Remesh Conversation: New
Description
New conversation (5 minute live conversation) 9PM Eastern (#UUI)
HITs
Created
4m ago
Time Allotted
5 Min
Expires
in 1m
Reward
$1.00

• Grimacing
Reactions: Charlene22

freekshow420

Reaction score
did this earlier. took about an hour but was simple.
Title: MusicEmotionAccept
Requester: RipollesLab [AYKDOTTO21CJS] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$17.98][Pay=Good][Approval=~24 hrs][Comm=Unrated][Rej=0][Blk=0]
TO: No reviews
Reward: $15.00
Duration: 03:20:00
Description: You need a recent version of Chrome. This task takes around one hour. This task does not work on iPads or Tablets. In this experiment you will listen to music while providing some ratings.
Qualifications: ElevFollowUp Exists ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99; Location EqualTo US

LumosDC

Reaction score
5-minute timer, but potential for paid follow-up study.

Title: Short study on news consumption(~ 1 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Ask Crowd [A2J1NCRXSHFBCP] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$15.78] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Acceptable] [Rej=1] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.68] [Fast=4.67] [Comm=4.20] [Fair=4.73] [Reviews=26] [ToS=1]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.50
Duration: 5:00
Description: Less than 1 min to complete, 50 cents pay.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50; CR Research Group #2 DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [310200-309611] DoesNotExist ; Location In US

Reactions: Blakkat
Status
Not open for further replies.