Banned
Reaction score
Title: Answer a Survey About Alcohol | Accept
Requester: SMC Research [AWBG2NP5EJ1Y6] Contact
TO: No Reviews
Reward: 0.50
Duration: 1800
Available: 1
Description: Give us your opinions on beer and hard cider. This survey should take between 7-10 minutes.
Qualifications: Masters Exists ; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.7
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
I"ll take some please[/td][/tr]

Reactions: cassius and Sondi

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about how you interact with your children. | Accept
Requester: Timothy Henry Charles Tamm [A2UN4CULD6T43] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 2.00
Duration: 14400
Description: We are conducting a survey to better understand how parents interact with their children in-person and remotely on a day to day basis. The survey takes about 12 minutes and is aimed at parents with children between the ages of 0 and 18 (included).
Qualifications: None
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

TSolo315

SnapNCrackle
Administrator
Reaction score

this goes out to all the req who don't use the AMZ quals and instead bury them in the mice type and force you to waste time grabbing a HIT only to have to return it and waste more time and then waste more time bitching about it on TO and forums and then take that money you thought you had right out of your pocket and put it into someone's pocket.....

and stuff....
The amazon "premium quals" are a disgusting money grab.

.50 PER HIT to screen for age.

Just look at this page and tell me it doesn't make you feel slimy: https://requester.mturk.com/pricing

There are better ways to disqual someone without wasting too much time. I don't fault any requester who doesn't use "premium quals" (I honestly think a little less of the ones who do.)

Reactions: Persephone78

nopoopwarez

Contributor
Reaction score
Are you being ultra conservative?
Not really. I gave the training guide a quick look-through again and just tried to follow that. I think I got lucky because I missed 3 golds and still got to keep going. Made it through 2 different batches.

Reactions: GRR and TSolo315

nopoopwarez

Contributor
Reaction score
Are you being ultra conservative?
I think one thing that most people are overlooking are body poses. A lot of the tasks have people who aren't wearing revealing clothing but are still in suggestive poses. And even when they are wearing skimpy clothing some still might not count as racy because of the body position. Once you get that down it isn't so bad.

GRR

Reaction score
Not really. I gave the training guide a quick look-through again and just tried to follow that. I think I got lucky because I missed 3 golds and still got to keep going. Made it through 2 different batches.

been really weird..I missed 4/5 early on....then I would get a "oops" then get one or two good ones...all day long! got 27...I do not think I ever got more than 6/7 in one day before...

Reactions: nopoopwarez

nopoopwarez

Contributor
Reaction score
Another batch

rsclone

This is my partner Fellatio Del Toro
Banned
Reaction score

Just look at this page and tell me it doesn't make you feel slimy: https://requester.mturk.com/pricing

There are better ways to disqual someone without wasting too much time. I don't fault any requester who doesn't use "premium quals" (I honestly think a little less of the ones who do.)
Has tender, concerned feelings for others: completely disagree

plus if you're going to tell ppl your screening criteria up front do it in the title: Survey About XXX for 18-25yr old...it the same as putting in the body of the HIT except ppl who don't fit the demo won't bother...theoretically....

Reactions: SherryNotShirley

Achilles2357

Reaction score
Title: Answer a question about your native language. (Less than a minute) | Accept
Requester: Ali [A1CJ9HWB5H80M4] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$50.57] [Pay=5.00] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.05
Duration: 300
Description: You will only have to answer a question about your native langauge. If you meet or requirement, you will be invited to the main study. Thanks.
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 60
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
qual[/td][/tr]

Jatis

Reaction score

So what your saying is.... We could all get a 20-25% raise?

TSolo315

SnapNCrackle
Administrator
Reaction score
Has tender, concerned feelings for others: completely disagree

plus if you're going to tell ppl your screening criteria up front do it in the title: Survey About XXX for 18-25yr old...it the same as putting in the body of the HIT except ppl who don't fit the demo won't bother...theoretically....
People will lie if you put it in the title. People will lie if you put it in the body of the HIT. These guy's aren't doing it this way just to annoy turkers, they do it because it's the smartest way to do so. The generous ones will pay you for your time if they disqual you.

So what your saying is.... We could all get a 20-25% raise?
Theoretically yes. Practically no. But we would probably have more work available if Amazon fees weren't so high. The "40% for more than 10 assignments" is particularly bullshit.

Reactions: SherryNotShirley

rsclone

Banned
Reaction score
People will lie if you put it in the title. People will lie if you put it in the body of the HIT. These guy's aren't doing it this way just to annoy turkers, they do it because it's the smartest way to do so. The generous ones will pay you for your time if they disqual you.

Theoretically yes. Practically no. But we would probably have more work available if Amazon fees weren't so high. The "40% for more than 10 assignments" is particularly bullshit.
well it's in the survey instructions before you even click the link to the survey so they can lie anyway....the only difference is people who won't lie to do the HIT are forced to return it because it's not in title or description....

Jatis

Reaction score

So the question is what brings requesters to Amazon. Trust? Quality workers? or Quantity workers. And what are the operational costs of hosting something like this.

Seems like Academic Studies find a good home here, because I'm sure they get quality data, but all these batch work, Requesters are getting stiff, there's no way operations even comes close to what Amazon is charging here.

rsclone

Banned
Reaction score
So the question is what brings requesters to Amazon. Trust? Quality workers? or Quantity workers. And what are the operational costs of hosting something like this.

Seems like Academic Studies find a good home here, because I'm sure they get quality data, but all these batch work, Requesters are getting stiff, there's no way operations even comes close to what Amazon is charging here.
people who will work for $1/hr because the batch is "good for a slow (insert time frame here)"

TSolo315

SnapNCrackle
Administrator
Reaction score
well it's in the survey instructions before you even click the link to the survey so they can lie anyway....the only difference is people who won't lie to do the HIT are forced to return it because it's not in title or description....
...You have a problem with surveys that tell you in the HIT body what the qualifications are? They only waste like 15 seconds of your time. I thought you were talking about surveys that disqual based on demographics in the first few survey pages (or worse), which wastes significantly more time.

It's still cheaper than hiring employees or contract workers, or paying for people to take surveys in person. It comes with bigger quality control problems though.

Reactions: Jaded
Status
Not open for further replies.