07/23 - Mohair Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HandsKetchum

Turkin for Tats
Reaction score
Description: Record yourself reading a script - Must be American and speak English with an American accent
Qualifications: None
Got rejected from this about 4 days ago due to a missing file is it safe to try again?

Reactions: jan

Metallica

Never free, never me
Contributor
Reaction score
I feel James Hetfield would be disappointed in that statement

How long do you have to move? I would like to move but I don't think I'll ever convince my husband :rolleyes:
We're trying to be there by Thursday. I had trouble convincing my wife to move there too, before she knew how much I will be making at my new job :p I think its a better place to live in general, both because more relevant career options and because the neighborhood we live in now is dangerous at best. (the school system is also much better than what we have here, which is a plus for the hellion!)

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

We're trying to be there by Thursday. I had trouble convincing my wife to move there too, before she knew how much I will be making at my new job :p I think its a better place to live in general, both because more relevant career options and because the neighborhood we live in now is dangerous at best. (the school system is also much better than what we have here, which is a plus for the hellion!)
Sounds like you will have a lot of benefits from moving :) That's a really short timeline - good luck!

Liz @Liz My husband would most likely have to take a pay cut for us to move so he really doesn't want to :arghh:

jan

Reaction score
Description: Record yourself reading a script - Must be American and speak English with an American accent
Qualifications: None
Got rejected from this about 4 days ago due to a missing file is it safe to try again?
who is the requester? Did you check TO?

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
Today starts the moving process to our new home in Virginia.. I'm already tired.
If you don't mind me asking, what region?

Nova, Tidewater, Central, Western?

Metallica

Never free, never me
Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds like you will have a lot of benefits from moving :) That's a really short timeline - good luck!

Liz @Liz My husband would most likely have to take a pay cut for us to move so he really doesn't want to :arghh:
I may go back on that statement once I have to deal with the D.C. traffic :wink:

Reactions: Sondi and savvy

savvy

Reaction score
We'll be in Arlington
Major cost of living change, which is going to take some getting used to
oh mannn. hope the job is good. I've avoided about 20 job applications up there because of the cost of living. and traffic. That's the only part of VA that is worse than where I live for cost of living lol.

Edit : all these jobs wanna pay like 35-40k and I'm a single person, I can hardly survive on where I live now.

Last edited:
Reactions: jan and Metallica

Liz

Babysitter
Contributor
Reaction score

Paycut would also be cost of living cut soooooooo all the same in the end

Metallica

Never free, never me
Contributor
Reaction score
oh mannn. hope the job is good. I've avoided about 20 job applications up there because of the cost of living. and traffic. That's the only part of VA that is worse than where I live for cost of living lol.
I got sponsored for a security clearance from it, which is mainly what I was after to get me ahead of the competition.. We might end up moving to Huntsville a few years on. I'm nervous about the decision for sure, but its a bit too late for me to back out :p I'm willing to go wherever the money is :wink:

cassius

Reaction score
I got sponsored for a security clearance from it, which is mainly what I was after to get me ahead of the competition.. We might end up moving to Huntsville a few years on. I'm nervous about the decision for sure, but its a bit too late for me to back out :p I'm willing to go wherever the money is :wink:
Huntsville is the Twin Peaks of the south. Been there, creepy.

Reactions: Metallica

savvy

Reaction score
ah yes the coveted security clearance!

Reactions: Metallica
Status
Not open for further replies.