07/22 - Scintillating Saturday!

Are oreos the best, most perfect cookie ever?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Sounds like this Mike is using a set of cheap HITs to harvest IDs, and then solicit more doubtful work. Sorta like sending an email to a Graigslister just to get a return email to add to the harvested email list. No doubt all for sale somewhere...this must be against TOS, as if MTurk cares..
I remember a similar email and set up earlier this year.
He was trying to buy fake Angie's List reviews.

Lana Del Rey

Reaction score
Welp I shoulda checked here before responding to mike

Oh well. Newbie lesson learned.

Reactions: sudilly

WalkingEmphasis

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Frugal MTC shoppers who frequently buy through Amazon, I just found out about a really awesome Chrome extension called "Keepa - Amazon Price Tracker". It lists complete price history of every single item immediately under the product picture. So, you can keep track of trends and when things go on sale. It will also notify you of your desired price when you tell it to. It works on all of the major Amazon sites, including Europe and Asia.
I wanted to add that I also just learned that there is a version for Firefox as well, for those of you who don't use Chrome. :)

Reactions: Deleted member 526

alk69

Reaction score
Cranberry bread! Hummm...hey I've got flour, I've got yeast and butter, I've got cranberries. I've even got a bread machine(smartest mobile device I ever bought). And I've got the best recipe to try out.... All I lack is the will power to go into the kitchen and dump the ingredients in the machine and turn it on. I might be a trifle lazy today.

D

Deleted member 526

Cranberry bread! Hummm...hey I've got flour, I've got yeast and butter, I've got cranberries. I've even got a bread machine(smartest mobile device I ever bought). And I've got the best recipe to try out.... All I lack is the will power to go into the kitchen and dump the ingredients in the machine and turn it on. I might be a trifle lazy today.
you can do it!!!

Reactions: alk69

Desertdarlene

Baby Shorebird and Duckling Protector
Reaction score
Did anyone get an email from someone named "Mike" about a $5 hit that was sent through the Mturk system? The thing is that he didn't leave a title or a link, so there's no way I can find it.

WalkingEmphasis

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Did anyone get an email from someone named "Mike" about a $5 hit that was sent through the Mturk system? The thing is that he didn't leave a title or a link, so there's no way I can find it.
Lots of us, yeah. I replied and asked him what it was about, and he wants people to leave fake reviews. So don't bother.

Reactions: Vanyanka

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Yup, scroll up the last few pages. It's a scam.

Reactions: WalkingEmphasis

sudilly

Bubble Hell Avenger
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Motivation and Decision Making (16-18 minutes) | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Heather Korn [A3CIOJ0FPJHLPK] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.00] [Fast: 0.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 0.00] [Reviews: 1] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: $6.89/hr] [Pen: -- days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: -- of 0] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Description:
This survey will take 16-18 minutes to complete. You will be asked to read and evaluate basic economic information, along with answering questions about demographic, background, and personality assessment.
Time: 1 hour
HITs Available: 43
Reward: $1.75
Qualifications: Masters Exists ; Location EqualTo US;

Status
Not open for further replies.