Ari Gold
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Title: Christian Perspectives on Social and Environmental Issues (Louisiana)(~ 25 minutes) | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Mary Kristen Layne [A3742KBA21VYCU] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 6] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: $9.72/hr] [Pen: -- days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 100% of 1] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Description:
a survey sponsored by the University of Glasgow
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $3.00
Qualifications: Exc: [-2008688061-50894] has not been granted; Location is one of: US-LA; TP Panel: -991738040 N is not less than 100;

I'm posting this one....because I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who qualifies...
I was like nice I qualify...oh wait I don't live in Lousiana....

Reactions: lsutiger25

loki3404

So Corporate
Contributor
Reaction score
I post yellow hits because they usually /could/ be okay. They usually won't ever be good, but they'll be meh or better.
I'm the king of posting and diving into a no-to batch with a comment like "could be good." Most of the time it is either is a money maker or just not worth doing. Sometimes it ends up as a mass rejection hell.

My convoluted point is that just cause a hit is posted doesn't mean we need to work on it. That's up to each turker on their own. I'd rather see it posted and decided for myself than have it not posted and miss a batch that a lot of others don't like but works for me.

atomicminotaur

Reaction score
I'm basically new here. I was here for a little while but had health issues and now I'm back again. So, while I don't know what's going on, I will say I appreciate everyone who does post the HITs, despite what they are worth. Now, most of them I can't do (either I'm too slow to get to them, or I'm somehow not qualified) but I appreciate all the work the posters do by providing them and I'm make sure to like all the ones that work out for me from now on.

I realize I'm small potatoes here (1400 hits, don't understand/get batches, basically hit whatever survey I can until I get my $20+ per day without investing too much time). I'm less than 100 posts and a hardcore lurker. I don't want to be a leech, so I will do my best to thank everyone and contribute in whatever way I can. I'm so thankful for this forum and, from what I've seen, it's been very warm and welcoming. You do good work. I like to think we are all working and doing good work, even if some of us are quieter than others.

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
god. i needed this

Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from UofI for work related to 3ZVPAMTJWNYOV61BB520YKOXTEMGRV.
The value of your bonus is: $4.50 USD

The Requester included this note:
25 cents each for 18 dozen approved HITs

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

Coco

Everything’s coming up Milhouse!
Reaction score
I've been here since last June and I can say everyone here has been very helpful, kind, and welcoming. Especially when it came to my newbie questions lol. Maybe people feel it is a clique because of how close everyone is but I've never seen anyone get ignored or treated badly just because they were new. The closeness is due to working together and communicating with each other. The moderators keep it pretty chill here and are quick to ban/message anyone who creates problems here. I love it here compared to other forums. I don't post HITs because I am working with a slower internet and by the time I go to post, someone else has already lol. I will make more of an effort to like the HITs because I do appreciate the work you guys do and that you try to help everyone out. Sometimes I just get caught up in surveys lol.

catnapped

Relatively Unknown Member
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Ehhh, I'm not too stuck on the colors because maybe it's reviewers who left bad TO for dumb reasons ("I'm mad I got screened out for being white! This survey is racist!" etc.) or the TO is really old or from a previous project or even a different person at the university using a shared requester account, etc.
And it goes both ways...I've seen green TO's that are from when the requester posted years ago but their current work is rubbish.

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: English passages reading and judgment experiment | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Experimental Linguistics [A19SZ5G3CGNRD1] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 3.00] [Fast: 4.59] [Comm: 2.25] [Fair: 4.50] [Reviews: 48] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: $8.08/hr] [Pen: -- days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 0% of 1] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Description:
Native speakers of Mainstream American English read short passages and rate their naturalness
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.50
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is greater than 100; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95; Location is US;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.21.11

MindNumbing

Contributor
Reaction score

Leon Powalski

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Study on Decision Making(~ 5 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: David Hagmann [A2OZJB9LYMCMUC] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★ 4.43 Communicativity
★★★★ 4.59 Generosity
★★★★ 4.78 Fairness
★★★★ 4.77 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 43 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: This study will take approximately 5 minutes of your time and pays $0.50.
Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
HITs Available: 39
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 100;HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 90;SurveyGroup [478] has not been granted;Exc: [1266923171-51002] has not been granted;Location is one of: US

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm basically new here. I was here for a little while but had health issues and now I'm back again. So, while I don't know what's going on, I will say I appreciate everyone who does post the HITs, despite what they are worth. Now, most of them I can't do (either I'm too slow to get to them, or I'm somehow not qualified) but I appreciate all the work the posters do by providing them and I'm make sure to like all the ones that work out for me from now on.

I realize I'm small potatoes here (1400 hits, don't understand/get batches, basically hit whatever survey I can until I get my $20+ per day without investing too much time). I'm less than 100 posts and a hardcore lurker. I don't want to be a leech, so I will do my best to thank everyone and contribute in whatever way I can. I'm so thankful for this forum and, from what I've seen, it's been very warm and welcoming. You do good work. I like to think we are all working and doing good work, even if some of us are quieter than others.
I like small potatoes. Especially small motivational potatoes.

(If you do ever have question don't hesitate to reach out. We've been accused of being TOO helpful so I'm sure you'll get about 6 answers to any question you have.)

Kat8mouse

Kat Master
Contributor
Reaction score
wow... maybe I'm missing something, but I never really saw this place as cliquish or full of politics at all. Usually if someone posts a question it gets answered... and people help each other out.

The mods are all pretty cool and joke around with us and are involved with the fun, as well as posting good hits throughout the day.

Of course they get strict when someone goes against the rules or continues a conversation that isn't work related... and thats what they are supposed to do... otherwise the forum wouldn't be able to function as it should.
:yesyes: This is exactly how I feel too.

MindNumbing

Contributor
Reaction score

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.