07/17 - Wicked Wednesday!

Donuts or bagels?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jan

Reaction score
Oh and the baby will be here soon. Still haven't figured out what I want to be called yet. Definitely don't want to be called Grandma.
https://www.verywellfamily.com/ethnic-names-for-grandmothers-1695525
Popular Ethnic Names for Grandmothers

These names are among those most frequently chosen just because they sound good and are easy to say and spell.
Filipino: Lola is the most popular grandmother name. Other names used by Filipinos include inang and its variations indang, nanang, ingkong and nanay.
  • French: Popular choices are Grand-mère or Grandmere, but Grand-maman is also used occasionally, along with Gra-mere, Mémé, and Mamé.
  • French Canadian: Mémé and Mamie are most often used by French Canadians.
  • German: Oma is one of the most popular ethnic names for grandmother and is often used by grandmothers with no German heritage.
  • Greek: Maybe because it just sounds joyful, the Greek YaYa is a popular grandmother nickname. It's sometimes hyphenated and sometimes rendered as YiaYia.
  • Hawaiian: Tutu is often used for grandparents of both genders, although technically grandmothers are Tutu Wahine and grandfathers are Tutu Kane.
  • Italian: Nonna is a popular grandmother's name, possibly because it is close to Nana and other familiar grandmother nicknames.

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
My MIL stated she is Granny and her boyfriends mom is going to be Nannie. Trying to figure out something that I'm ok with and it doesn't make me sound old. LOL
My Mom is Nona and MIL is Nana. Our next door neighbor is Mimi and I like that too. I had a Nonny/Nonnie and Grammy.
My dad's girlfriend's granddaughter calls her Mimi! That's pretty great!

SliceofLife

Contributor
Reaction score

These names are among those most frequently chosen just because they sound good and are easy to say and spell.
Filipino: Lola is the most popular grandmother name. Other names used by Filipinos include inang and its variations indang, nanang, ingkong and nanay.
  • French: Popular choices are Grand-mère or Grandmere, but Grand-maman is also used occasionally, along with Gra-mere, Mémé, and Mamé.
  • German: Oma is one of the most popular ethnic names for grandmother and is often used by grandmothers with no German heritage.
  • Greek: Maybe because it just sounds joyful, the Greek YaYa is a popular grandmother nickname. It's sometimes hyphenated and sometimes rendered as YiaYia.
  • Hawaiian: Tutu is often used for grandparents of both genders, although technically grandmothers are Tutu Wahine and grandfathers are Tutu Kane.
  • Italian: Nonna is a popular grandmother's name, possibly because it is close to Nana and other familiar grandmother nicknames.
Just saved that! Thanks!

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Title: Decision study 07172019 | PANDA
Requester: Francesco Fallucchi [A3TEY5GKYRHXWG]
TurkerView: [ $26.45 / hour ]
Description: Online study on decision making, earn $0.50
Duration: 15 Min
Available: 1
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications:
  • Study 1 DoesNotExist
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90
  • Location EqualTo US
[3X7VAYHW0R91XJJWW082OAX505QPV5]

Reactions: LucyO

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I forgot about my great-grandma. We used to call her "Big Maw" when we were little, but the older she got, the less she liked that. By the time I was in my 20s she demanded to be called "Mamaw" instead. She didn't like the implications of the word "big" :ROFL:

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I forgot about my great-grandma. We used to call her "Big Maw" when we were little, but the older she got, the less she liked that. By the time I was in my 20s she demanded to be called "Mamaw" instead. She didn't like the implications of the word "big" :ROFL:

PandaThief

Reaction score
anyone stuck on that $3 RedmondLabs ? Wrote a whole story and now can't submit

Reactions: C to the J

Turtlefemm

Mostly a Turtle
Contributor
Mentor
Reaction score

I chose Oma :D It is a comfortable name for me to be called without feeling like my life is over and a bonus is that the little ones could say it really early. I just really don't like any of the other options at all, especially "grandma" or "grammy" so I'm glad they are cooperating lol :turtle:

Also

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
anyone stuck on that $3 RedmondLabs ? Wrote a whole story and now can't submit
Yea mine was broken. It's the "done writing" button that's messed up.

I put a note in the bottom section and use an "it's broke" script to submit it.

PandaThief

Reaction score
For those that couldn't submit, Paid for the hit plus an extra dollar bonus

Title: Story writing apology HIT | PANDA
Requester: MSRRedmond Labs [A1X1IORYLDFA50] (Req TV): $19.30/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
This HIT is for those who couldn't submit their stories properly
Time: 1 hour(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $4.00
Qualifications: [t-masap] Story Writing Bugs Exists ;