07/12 - Tim Allen Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
Good to know! Do I turn everything else off first?
It depends on what you're running. I run Hit Scraper and Turk Master along with PC, so I always put PC on Cycle 2. You shouldn't have to turn everything off to run PC, but that also depends on the number of refresh scripts (Turk Master, Hit Scraper, etc) you're using along with PC. I've been able to run Hit Scraper and Turk Master with PC at Cycle 2 and I don't run into many errors, if any at all :embarrased:

Reactions: ShanaMarie

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Just got back from MST3K Live and WOW, WHAT A SHOW.

As for the whole Genome mess, I recently worked out a system about a month ago where I could do them at a decent rate of $8-10 an hour despite all the poor TO reviews, which worked wonders in downtime, being the first week I pulled in $200 all approved.

I noticed the last batch looked a bit odd where the Adjective and Interaction boxes for all 25 images were completely blank.

I checked on two different computers only to see the exact same result, and assumed that a previous worker tried to game the system by submitting a ton of blank hits (the wording from other Turkers has been so odd and against the rules lately that I wouldn't be surprised if these got through the initial boxing process), so I just clicked "there are no adjectives, interactions, etc." and that since I was just verifying the hits and adding onto what they've done, it would alright.

WORST DECISION OF MY WHOLE MTURK CAREER.

250 were already rejected, which I thought was from iMacro causing me to blaze through them so fast that it triggered some sort of spam system, although oddly I haven't been blocked and there's still about 50 pending? It probably was a script issue, although I haven't installed any new ones since the time I started these hits. I sent a message detailing the situation, although given the TO reviews I doubt I'll get a response.

Luckily I have over 20000 hits submitted, so my approval rating won't be affected TOO badly with a high 97% at the lowest, but I'll have to do a ton of numbers batches over the rest of the summer to get that golden 99% again.

It was REALLY, REALLY stupid of me to not send an email the first dozen or so, but I'll deal with the consequences of my mistake! I should be able to bounce back fairly soon. ^-^
I'm sorry that that happened, but it shouldn't be too difficult to come back from it. And if you come across anything like that in the futre, that doesn't quite look right, you can always ask around here if the requester isn't responding.

Reactions: Kerek and Vanyanka

humbleturker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
It depends on what you're running. I run Hit Scraper and Turk Master along with PC, so I always put PC on Cycle 2. You shouldn't have to turn everything off to run PC, but that also depends on the number of refresh scripts (Turk Master, Hit Scraper, etc) you're using along with PC. I've been able to run Hit Scraper and Turk Master with PC at Cycle 2 and I don't run into many errors, if any at all :embarrased:
What is your TM interval check and HIT Scraper #'s in terms of rescrape time and # of pages?

Reactions: ShanaMarie

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
What is your TM interval check and HIT Scraper #'s in terms of rescrape time and # of pages?
I only use one general search panda on TM at 8 seconds. For Hit Scraper, I refresh 1 or 2 pages at 20 seconds, but that's mainly because I have TM refreshing to find things too.

hyzmarca

Contributor
Reaction score
There was a genome mess? I'm always out of the loop.

humbleturker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
How do you show your pending earnings today on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.