07/04 - Rock, Flag, and Eagle Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
Fun fact: I know that I would get kicked off the court because my buddy and I were making Sharapova-esque noises while we played, to screw around, and we were asked to leave.
We were the only ones at the court other than the groundskeeper and a guy patiently practicing his serve.

*edit*
As someone has stated before, fun facts are rarely ever fun, and equally-rarely ever facts.
fun fact: I taught myself how to use chopsticks specifically so that I can eat cheesecurls without getting orange stuff stuck on my fingers

bonus fun fact: I've never had a cheese curl in my life

SCOTTM

Reaction score
It's not surprising considering some of the single sentence answers people are submitting on these things.
For myself, I always give it at least 40 minutes with a source link to back up my opinion. It is probably the best hit on MTURK that I can think of. So I aways say to myself time to do the Survey Comet with gold gloves. lol

fragments

Reaction score
For myself, I always give it at least 40 minutes with a source link to back up my opinion. It is probably the best hit on MTURK that I can think of. So I aways say to myself time to do the Survey Comet with gold gloves. lol
I pretty much do the same. I usually clock in around an hour and have one or two extra sources along with usually 4 sentences if it makes sense. It's definitely the best HIT I've gotten consistently. I mean if you can do it in an hour it's 16 an hour for 16 weeks. That's a fairly easy $256 bones!

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Give opinions on robots who explain their actions(~ 45 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Explainable A.I. [A3V9MQP4DDTHUO] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=3.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=3.00] [Reviews=5] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=22.50] [Pen=2.00 days] [Res=100%] [Rec=50%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 9.00
Duration: 4500
Available: 1
Description: [English fluency is a must] You will watch videos of robots who explain their actions. Afterward, answer a survey asking your opinions about what you saw. Time needed to complete the HIT is about one hour.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [-250944079-95920] DoesNotExist ; Masters Exists ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.7
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
I know. It's the same old story though, a few people ruining it for the rest of us. I just glad they didn't say you need to take 90 min.
I don't know how long I've spent on any of them. I did one yesterday, and kerek's hourly thing says I took 17 minutes.
(10:07pm to 10:25pm)

However, that's not possible, because my google history says I opened my first news/source page at 9:22pm, which puts me at about 63 minutes, if the submission time is correct

MinkyMona

Spooky Turk Ghost
Reaction score
It's not surprising considering some of the single sentence answers people are submitting on these things.
I was just thinking that. My answers are always at least a paragraph.

Let's never foget those that like to celebrate wayyyy tooo much
Hey. I would take that kind of weather right now. It's like 105 here without a single cloud in the sky.

ecko

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know how long I've spent on any of them. I did one yesterday, and kerek's hourly thing says I took 17 minutes.
(10:07pm to 10:25pm)

However, that's not possible, because my google history says I opened my first news/source page at 9:22pm, which puts me at about 63 minutes, if the submission time is correct
I think his script tries to account for hits that are opened but not worked on right away. I've had ones that say i submitted in under 2 min when i know i spent over an hour on them. I am also pretty sure that SC uses the time from the site itself and not the hit.

JenniLeigh

Contributor
Reaction score
I think his script tries to account for hits that are opened but not worked on right away. I've had ones that say i submitted in under 2 min when i know i spent over an hour on them. I am also pretty sure that SC uses the time from the site itself and not the hit.
SC uses the time on their site.
I always researched and shit before I went there, then did my work. (My MT time was always pretty ticked down by then b/c I put that shit off...) I got warnings about my time. Now I open their site while I work, and they're happy about it.

JenniLeigh

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Answer a short survey about public policy views | Accept
Requester: RL [ACHAYMKTWD9VW] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=1] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=10.00] [Pen=null] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 3600
Available: 1
Description: The purpose of this survey (about 10-15 minutes) is to examine people’s thoughts about contemporary political and economic issues. We are interested in your thoughts.
Qualifications: Econ PP - Validation - Soft Launch DoesNotExist ; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.7
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: Stacy B

ecko

Contributor
Reaction score
I always researched and shit before I went there, then did my work. (My MT time was always pretty ticked down by then b/c I put that shit off...) I got warnings about my time. Now I open their site while I work, and they're happy about it.
yea that's what I did as well, once, and I got a warning about it.

Reactions: JenniLeigh

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
what?

how can you research stuff if you don't know what the questions are?

that's it

You're banned from surveycomets
starting now

largeeyes

Reaction score
The asshole ambassador threw a party with fireworks and did not invite me. Did I mention he was an asshole?

Reactions: thismegan
Status
Not open for further replies.