07/03 - Torrid Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
I got this same message when I first attempted to register. It turned out I had a couple different emails/addresses associated with my amazon account. After I removed them my registration went through.
I have always had multiple [physical] addresses in my amazon account for shipping things to different family members
I've only ever had one email address on it though

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Real-Time Investment Game with Good Bonus (~35 min) | Accept
Requester: Sergio Lo Iacono [A26Z31SI348SC] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=4.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=6] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 2.50
Duration: 3600
Available: 1
Description: An Interactive Experiment with other MTurkers
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 91; Location EqualTo US; Qualification 2 - final DoesNotExist
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.7
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

egryan1

Reaction score
My friend tried signing up for MTurk last week and got this:

Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,
We have completed our review of your Amazon Mechanical Turk Worker Account. We regret to inform you that you will not be permitted to work on Mechanical Turk.

Our account review criteria are proprietary and we cannot disclose the reason why an invitation to complete registration has been denied. If our criteria for invitation changes, you may be invited to complete registration in the future.

any ideas why???
I have heard that sometimes it cause the person doesn't have any Tax history associated with there ssn. Not sure how accurately that is

Reactions: EverfreeTree

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I have heard that sometimes it cause the person doesn't have any Tax history associated with there ssn. Not sure how accurately that is
she definitely does so that's probably not it
I got the same thing like 2 years ago when I initially applied.
A year later, they sent me an email saying I was accepted.
I had never reapplied.

As with most MTurk things, I think their "account review system" is semi-working, at best.
ugh I was worried it was something like this.

EverfreeTree

I like trees.
Reaction score
I didn't have any tax history.
Maybe I developed some in that year. I don't think I did.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
My friend tried signing up for MTurk last week and got this:

Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,
We have completed our review of your Amazon Mechanical Turk Worker Account. We regret to inform you that you will not be permitted to work on Mechanical Turk.

Our account review criteria are proprietary and we cannot disclose the reason why an invitation to complete registration has been denied. If our criteria for invitation changes, you may be invited to complete registration in the future.

any ideas why???
http://www.behind-the-enemy-lines.com/2017/01/why-was-my-amazon-mechanical-turk.html

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Speaking of that contest, just hypothetically, if someone came in third place and then the first place and second place winner "mysteriously disappeared" before the next contest would they be the reigning champion?
So, I'm a little late catching up today. Should I be worried as the 1st place winner jenaling @jenaling ?

EverfreeTree

I like trees.
Reaction score
Same thing happened to fiance, he has no tax history either. (He hasn't ever gotten invited again, but also hasn't developed history)
As the post electrolyte @electrolyte mentioned says, having a bank account and some credit history helps. I had a bank account, but likely no credit, at the time (definitely no credit).

Reactions: Jaded

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
As the post electrolyte @electrolyte mentioned says, having a bank account and some credit history helps. I had a bank account, but likely no credit, at the time (definitely no credit).
Yeah, fiance doesn't have credit history either. I'm sure there are probably also random other things that make no sense involved as well. I got denied at first and had to fax a bunch of stuff. Don't remember what, too long ago

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
she fits everything mentioned there, but it's weird because she was never asked for her SSN
IIRC, they don't ask for the SSN until after they do the pre-verification stuff. You enter the SSN now after you've been accepted by MTurk and as part of the process for signing up through Amazon Payments.

egryan1

Reaction score
she fits everything mentioned there, but it's weird because she was never asked for her SSN
Also the email that she/he uses is it connected to anywhere else like facebook/twitter/amazon maybe that help establish that they are legit person

Reactions: themildone

EverfreeTree

I like trees.
Reaction score
aaack

I had 20 things going in hitcatcher
I never like running more than 6
I remember when I didn't realize I was actively searching for every single HIT I added (I usually unchecked "Collect" on PC when I added a new one) and was wondering why I wasn't getting anything... with something like 30-35 HITs being searched for.

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
at the end of a hit, it asked how long I've been working.

as I entered in the info, I thought to myself, "self, isn't it almost time to count in another year?"

I did some quick math, easily one of my most useful skills

turns out I've been giving the wrong number of working years for quite a while, unintentionally

/me adds 2 to the number of years working

Status
Not open for further replies.