• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
My partner- in-not-literal-crime works at the Spaceport in Mojave, but we live in the cutesy mountain town that the PCT goes thru like 30 minutes North or so. There are tons of tiny ones all over the state that people just don't notice much I learned! I doubt I would have known if I hadn't gotten a severe weather notification and then heard about it for the next 3 weeks from the town gossips- as will happen in a chatty town like this haha!

We are currently in escrow (and who knows if the whole thing will implode or work out cause I never assume everything will go perfectly) and were just going thru the fun times of looking at homeowners policies, finding out we are in a high fire zone, etc etc etc. I know about more about earthquake policies and how close I am to faultlines than I did about 12 hours ago!
Holy crap the Spaceport? That's awesome!

I've always lived in apartment buildings here so I have no idea about earthquake risk, but considering how some of these things were built in the 60's and 70's when people were chain smoking and breathing in leaded gas, I doubt they were too concerned about earthquake safety.

<Gucci>

Francis Manancis ...fuck you...
Threaderator
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
My partner- in-not-literal-crime works at the Spaceport in Mojave, but we live in the cutesy mountain town that the PCT goes thru like 30 minutes North or so. There are tons of tiny ones all over the state that people just don't notice much I learned! I doubt I would have known if I hadn't gotten a severe weather notification and then heard about it for the next 3 weeks from the town gossips- as will happen in a chatty town like this haha!

We are currently in escrow (and who knows if the whole thing will implode or work out cause I never assume everything will go perfectly) and were just going thru the fun times of looking at homeowners policies, finding out we are in a high fire zone, etc etc etc. I know about more about earthquake policies and how close I am to faultlines than I did about 12 hours ago!
Fingers crossed the deal goes through.
Let us know if it does! That’s exciting.
Homeowners insurance is a robbery lol and it’s going to take like 6 months to not feel broke. Legit. Even so congrats!! :)

Reactions: Birdie

Birdie

JD in Birb Law
Contributor
Reaction score
Holy crap the Spaceport? That's awesome!

I've always lived in apartment buildings here so I have no idea about earthquake risk, but considering how some of these things were built in the 60's and 70's when people were chain smoking and breathing in leaded gas, I doubt they were too concerned about earthquake safety.
Oh gosh yeah, we live in an old building from the 50s with four apartments in a row and it shakes like the crack house it basically is. I cannot wait to get out of this place, whether escrow works out or we find a different house. I'm so checked out of this trap house with nightmare neighbors, it's unreal.

And yesss, the spaceport rocks! We moved out in October so he could work on Stratolaunch :) It's ginormous in person, and I know more than I ever needed to know about the pneumatics and brackets (things my So has been doing design work on lol).

Reactions: Pleco and THFYM

Birdie

JD in Birb Law
Contributor
Reaction score
Fingers crossed the deal goes through.
Let us know if it does! That’s exciting.
Homeowners insurance is a robbery lol and it’s going to take like 6 months to not feel broke. Legit. Even so congrats!! :)
Thank youuu. I'm already dreamily checking out copper sinks and furniture and drooling.

Homeowners insurance is bonkers cause of the fire zone and we just kinda accepted that it sucks and it's whatever. I was laughing and crying at the same time today and Matt was just like, "Finally lost control of your emotions bird?" Yuppp. There's like the 5 minutes of sheer, extreme elation when the offer finally gets accepted...followed by absolute panic because everything could implode during inspections/house valuation/land assesment.

I also really like saying escrow. Escrow....escrow...escrowwww. It makes me feel fancy for some reason.

Reactions: <Gucci>

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
Would anyone like to make tomorrow's thread?

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Has anyone else seen "Letterkenny", with Jared Keeso? If so, do you think it's as funny as I do?
Go.

EDIT BTW New season is out.

Andromedia

Just hit 1,000 hits
Reaction score
Alright, I thought I was done for the night, btu then I caught a hit that involved writing a shorty story, and I'm pretty sure I just turned curious george into something creepy.. I probably should stop for the night after that... Watching people's kids leaves me in a weird mood,

Reactions: <Gucci> and MarkC

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
sad that qa didn't pay out today, I was hoping for that for the holiday...oh well, I got plasma :)

hockeyfan87

Reaction score
I'm wondering who is doing the Amazon Rekogs when the images won't even load... There's about 200 less than there was a couple hours ago.

nathan_p

Reaction score
I'm wondering who is doing the Amazon Rekogs when the images won't even load... There's about 200 less than there was a couple hours ago.
Yeah, I don't know... I've tried their HITs a few times today but I've never been able to get the images to load.

Status
Not open for further replies.