06/30 - Sleeping Beauty Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

turkinusa

Reaction score
We got brown recluses right now.
It's been hell.

We've caught just under 10 in traps this last month.
We've had two different companies out to spray but still seeing them.

Need to get all the trees and bushes touching our house trimmed down/removed and it's going to cost probably a grand.
Saving up rn.
where do you live so i can NEVER GO THERE

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
While googling my question I came across this and was pretty amused. I think it fits spider month.

edit: this too. number 11 will shock you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kerek and thismegan

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Chat about a story [bonus~$1.6, $8-20/hour; master chatters] | Accept
Requester: QA Test [A1985LQ9527UO6] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=4.18] [Fast=4.83] [Comm=4.84] [Fair=4.90] [Reviews=46] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.10
Duration: 1800
Available: 36
Description: Have a conversation about a story. (I:eek: narrative_dialog_1530390007)
Qualifications: Frequent Bad Turns DoesNotExist ; Master Chatters Exists ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500; Frequent Disconnects DoesNotExist ; Location In AU, CA, GB, NZ, US; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

DerechoSCK

Reaction score
will lysol kill a spider? asking for a friend.
Skin-so-Soft (the Avon stuff) is an excellent spider killer/repellent. It also works well on most bugs, too. I've seen it in action and was amazed at its effectiveness.

Reactions: Jaded

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Skin-so-Soft (the Avon stuff) is an excellent spider killer/repellent. It also works well on most bugs, too. I've seen it in action and was amazed at its effectiveness.
I don't really have any of that lying around. I have lysol, goo gone, and perfume. It's hanging off the ceiling fan in the kitchen and I don't know how to kill it since I can't smash it.

I also don't know how MIL is just standing there with it like 6 inches away from her head and she's just like "yup that's a spider." *candy crush noises*

ecko

Contributor
Reaction score
We got brown recluses right now.
It's been hell.

We've caught just under 10 in traps this last month.
We've had two different companies out to spray but still seeing them.

Need to get all the trees and bushes touching our house trimmed down/removed and it's going to cost probably a grand.
Saving up rn.
The shop i used to work in had those EVERYWHERE, we must have killed 10 a day every day, for 2 years and they never seemed to die off. I was the only one who ever got bit though, and it was a dry bite so nothing happened. Sticky traps are the only thing that seemed to work, we had three exterminators come out and spray but it never seemed to work, the last one to come out told us they aren't as susceptible to pesticides as other pests.

Trucker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Take a music survey | Accept
Requester: Research Province [A2JA2LBPNFWYI2] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$14.65] [Pay=4.60] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.83] [Fast=4.62] [Comm=3.67] [Fair=4.67] [Reviews=21] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=8.99] [Pen=1.04 days] [Res=100%] [Rec=60%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=3]
Reward: 1.00
Available: 1
Description: We are conducting entertainment research with a focus on music. In pretests, most participants completed the study in less than 10 minutes. This survey launched on June 27, 2018 (Survey Tag: Sapphire Hedgehog). If you complete the survey within the first hour after the HIT is posted, you will be eligible to win a $25 bonus (one worker will be randomly selected).
Qualifications: Demo NotEqualTo 20; Music Study Respondents DoesNotExist
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
4 mins[/td][/tr]

Reactions: Michele and ecko

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
The shop i used to work in had those EVERYWHERE, we must have killed 10 a day every day, for 2 years and they never seemed to die off. I was the only one who ever got bit though, and it was a dry bite so nothing happened. Sticky traps are the only thing that seemed to work, we had three exterminators come out and spray but it never seemed to work, the last one to come out told us they aren't as susceptible to pesticides as other pests.
spraying for spiders doesn't work as well because they have long legs and can walk right through the pesticide and not be bothered by it. The only thing that really works is spraying it right on the spider.
I have to explain this to tenants all the time when they want us to send someone out to spray for black widows (which is what we have more of here). Two issues: 1) they don't come out in the daytime when pest control companies spray and 2) you have to hit them directly with the spray for them to be killed, please reference #1.

Tenants hate it when I tell the to get spray at Home Depot then go outside right when the sun is setting and spray all the ones they see. But it works. That's what I do here. I'm scared to death to do it, but I'm more scared of them breeding more spiders so I force myself.

Our pest control company will go out and spray, but tell us "absolutely zero guarantee this is effective..." (They do spray wood piles, though, and say that is effective as it will drip down into the wood and kill the millions of them that love to live in wood piles.)

Reactions: ecko

bark

Reaction score
my turk ethic has been dying down the closer I get to the taxable limit.. sigh

Michele

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
You don't have to be in a relationship...
Title: Brief 3 min survey about romantic relationships for men and women between 18 and 90 years old(~ 3 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Martin Seehuus [ADZQTTJKKHAWO] Contact
TO: [Pay=4.11] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=20] [ToS=2]
Available: 6
Description: This is a very brief survey about your thoughts and beliefs about romantic relationships. It is open to men and women living in the US who are between 18 and 90 years old. You do not need to currently be (or have ever been) in a romantic relationship to take this survey.
Qualifications: Exc: [94969931-95082] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; SurveyGroup [1258] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: Starslip

Michele

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
:) about 4 minutes or $12.71/hr
Title: Brief 3 min survey about romantic relationships for men and women between 18 and 90 years old(~ 3 minutes) | Accept
Description: This is a very brief survey about your thoughts and beliefs about romantic relationships. It is open to men and women living in the US who are between 18 and 90 years old. You do not need to currently be (or have ever been) in a romantic relationship to take this survey.
Qualifications: Exc: [94969931-95082] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; SurveyGroup [1258] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

alk69

Reaction score
In the news! ''19 year old man drives truck into Texas Walmart''. Huh, takes drive thru one step(on the gas) further. After all, what else would you drive into a Walmart in but a pick up truck?...No place but Texas.

Reactions: aveline

Business Cat

Catipalist
Contributor
Reaction score
panda this, apparently it takes less than 5 mins

Title: Survey of first impressions | PANDA
Requester: Jennifer Lee [A48HY2MXGZ6FQ] (Req TV): N/A
(TO): [Pay: 5.00] [Fair: 0.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fast: 0.00]
Description:
Evaluate photos and businesses
Time: 3 hour(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $3.00
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 98; Location EqualTo US;

lolkatB

Contributor
Reaction score
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
I think any 90 year olds in romantic relationships should be encouraged and applauded.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
In the news! ''19 year old man drives truck into Texas Walmart''. Huh, takes drive thru one step(on the gas) further. After all, what else would you drive into a Walmart in but a pick up truck?...No place but Texas.
This happened at a Walmart that I used to shop at in San Jose a few years ago.

Reactions: alk69 and Starslip
Status
Not open for further replies.