Status
Not open for further replies.

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
Once you learn to be comfortable in your own skin and not need to depend on any body. It gets better. You don't many people around you. Find the right ones to let your guard down. Even if it takes years.
You're right. It's like in the Bittersweet Symphony music video by The Verve when the lead singer is walking on the crowded sidewalk, bumping into people with no regard. They're all looking back at him like "wtf". Then towards the end a few guys actually join in on his path. That's symbolic of what you're saying. Find the ones who are willing to walk with you to the end

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Once you learn to be comfortable in your own skin and not need to depend on any body. It gets better. You don't many people around you. Find the right ones to let your guard down. Even if it takes years.
That or you end up by yourself because people realize not only are you a weirdo, you're a confident weirdo as well and who wants to be around someone like that.

TobyF

Dummy
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
That or you end up by yourself because people realize not only are you a weirdo, you're a confident weirdo as well and who wants to be around someone like that.
Then fuck em. They don't deserve the weirdness. :)

Reactions: Peachy and Pleco

It's Gamera!

Flippant Amniote
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
You're right. It's like in the Bittersweet Symphony music video by The Verve when the lead singer is walking on the crowded sidewalk, bumping into people with no regard. They're all looking back at him like "wtf". Then towards the end a few guys actually join in on his path. That's symbolic of what you're saying. Find the ones who are willing to walk with you to the end

For some it's more like,

TobyF

Dummy
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Jason found me under the bed. Thought I was safe.

Reactions: Peachy

basketcasey

Curiouser and curiouser
Mentor
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Super Smart
Reaction score
Tfw you want to make contemporary art but your lame parents don't understand.
At least Shia LaBeouf's not in it.

Edit: God I fucking love artist statements. The more pretentious and batshit crazy, the better.

Last edited:

Concise

Buddhist Bacchante
Reaction score
For some it's more like,

Saw Bowie and NIN in concert at the Rose Garden in Portland in 1996. Went to the show to watch NIN. My friend wanted to leave after NIN opened... Bowie was going through his industrial phase, when this song was collaborated. I remember his music not being my thing, but we stayed because he was so charismatic, amazing dancer. Couldn't take your eyes off him!

Last edited:

It's Gamera!

Flippant Amniote
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Tfw you want to make contemporary art but your lame parents don't understand.
Gotta love weird video art. Though something was kind of lost when it made the jump from analog to digital. I was at a gallery at the Brooklyn Museum a few years back featuring stuff from the 80s. One video was 30 minutes of a guy staring into a camera. The Pickle Surprise guy was also a part of that scene, and he had something there that I couldn't recall. I think Keith Haring dipped a bit into it with his own weirdness too.

It's Gamera!

Flippant Amniote
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Saw Bowie and NIN in concert at the Rose Garden in Portland in 1996. Went to the show to watch NIN. My friend wanted to leave after NIN opened... Bowie was going through his industrial phase, when this song was collaborated. I remember his music not being my thing, but we stayed because he was so charismatic, amazing dancer. Couldn't take your eyes off him!
Glad you stuck around. Dude had a natural ability to blend in with every genre he took part in. I regret never having seen him on stage.

Dysphoria

Reaction score
That was really odd. I did a hit and for some reason it acted like I had a keylogger on or something. Super super laggy and hard to type. Everywhere else its fine though. Or is that a new timer thing that pickfu does?

Concise

Buddhist Bacchante
Reaction score
Glad you stuck around. Dude had a natural ability to blend in with every genre he took part in. I regret never having seen him on stage.
Yeah, he just mesmerized me. When we were leaving, I was within maybe 100 feet of the stage (it's a huge stadium) and you could just feel the charisma rolling off him. I was transfixed. My friend Callie, All 6 feet tall, rail thin, wearing a black PVC corset, black lipstick, and her huge blonde mane of hair, was bored and wanted to leave. She had big bling with NIN printed around her neck... die hard Trent Reznor fan. Me too I guess. Nowadays, NIN is reserved for breakups and depressive episodes :rolleyes:

We ended up going to a club, which lead to one of my more memorable nights, with a few people that were a little too interesting, to not know...

Last edited:
Reactions: It's Gamera!
Status
Not open for further replies.