06/28 - Templeton Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VGB

dr. peepee poopoo
Reaction score
Anyone successfully learn coding after the age of 40? I'm serious.

My mind isn't what it used to be.
AHK is pretty simple, relatively speaking

I'm only 30 but I have absolutely no knack for code, but I'm slowly picking it up here and there. jQuery and AHK are a little more straightforward than other languages. Between work and play I'll take a bit of time to read and try some things out. I fail 90% of the time, but that 10% success is stuff I can apply universally going forward, and it really does make mTurk a gorillion times more palatable.

Milo

Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from ESClabs for work related to 31SIZS5W59S7SV43YB1QELC72XQQRZ.
The value of your bonus is: $1.00 USD

The Requester included this note:
Congratulations, you were rated in the 10% for persuasiveness for your cats/dogs argument.

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

I can write persuasive essays on dogs and cats, such a useful skill in life :).

Pippa

All things lovely and beautiful.
Contributor
Reaction score
Start with AHK... it is a very "high order" language... meaning the commands are very conversational, close to human speech. That makes it easy to learn how to do simple stuff... and makes the harder stuff more accessible because it is marginally like forming a rudimentary conversation with a primitive vulcan baby.
Yeah, that's what I'm looking at now. Thanks. I like to talk so this might be just the right thing for me. Probably start with simple stuff like. Yes, no, skip, etc.

Blue

Unlikeable Ass
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I'm looking at now. Thanks. I like to talk so this might be just the right thing for me. Probably start with simple stuff like. Yes, no, skip, etc.
There are some videos on youtube specifically about using ahk for turking... they should give you a good foundation in the basics.

minmoo

Reaction score
Looking over some stuff now. I'm not in a race I suppose. I've got time if I can just keep at it. Thanks!
If you want to learn web things, try Udacity or Coursera. They're a proper class if you want to learn Javascript (not trying to start a fight but Javascript and Java aren't the same language). You'll need to learn basic HTML so you know what you're manipulating on the page, but it's just a formatting language. They have classes for that too. Self paced so you can take your time.

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
It should have been dollars more than this (I returned at least, gasp, $20 in hits). But it is entirely possible I am one of the two sane people in my family/friends wheelhouse so when my phone starts ringing in the afternoon I cant do work. Gotta deal with my loved ones.

All in all. Pleased with today.

Today's Projected Earnings: $13.06

Pippa

Contributor
Reaction score
If you want to learn web things, try Udacity or Coursera. They're a proper class if you want to learn Javascript (not trying to start a fight but Javascript and Java aren't the same language). You'll need to learn basic HTML so you know what you're manipulating on the page, but it's just a formatting language. They have classes for that too. Self paced so you can take your time.
Played around with HTML a lot of many years ago. I will have to brush up.

Pippa

Contributor
Reaction score
There are some videos on youtube specifically about using ahk for turking... they should give you a good foundation in the basics.
Thanks that would definitely help me visualize it. Maybe I should just look at it as a hobby to enjoy. Instead of rushing the process. Savor the steps.

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score
Say you're doing a batch and you want a single hotkey to tab for you instead of working from your queue, you could do something as simple as this:

1: :
send ^{tab}
return

Reactions: Ghost Awakening

Matilda Jones

Grey Ghost
Contributor
Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from ESClabs for work related to 31SIZS5W59S7SV43YB1QELC72XQQRZ.
The value of your bonus is: $1.00 USD

The Requester included this note:
Congratulations, you were rated in the 10% for persuasiveness for your cats/dogs argument.

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

I can write persuasive essays on dogs and cats, such a useful skill in life :).
I got one too! Which is weird, because I'm pretty sure I wrote something like "get a cat, they're cheaper and you don't have to pay much attention to them."

Reactions: Milo

Pippa

Contributor
Reaction score
Say you're doing a batch and you want a single hotkey to tab for you instead of working from your queue, you could do something as simple as this:

1::
send ^{tab}
return

I have AHK installed. The biggest thing is knowing what each key stroke means. Guess that's where the learning the language part comes in.

minmoo

Reaction score
Played around with HTML a lot of many years ago. I will have to brush up.
If this is a second run on html I bet you can blow through the basic tags in a week. Codecademy would be enough for the HTML part.

OR just go to MDN, Mozilla Developer Network. Reference of the gods. The HTML section will probably jog your memory. It's lit.

Milo

Reaction score
I got one too! Which is weird, because I'm pretty sure I wrote something like "get a cat, they're cheaper and you don't have to pay much attention to them."
Makes you wonder how awful some of the other essays were :p.

Lepi

Some Kind of Sneaky Witch Thief
Contributor
Reaction score
Blah. Power outage for most of the day. A line fell right up the road from us, caught some stuff on fire, had the fire brigade out here preventing another large scale forest fire.

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score
I have AHK installed. The biggest thing is knowing what each key stroke means. Guess that's where the learning the language part comes in.
It's pretty basic and easy to learn, check out the videos that blue had. I have links somewhere of the lists of different commands you can do and I can't find it. I"ll look for it, or maybe Blue @Blue has something handy?

Reactions: Ghost Awakening
Status
Not open for further replies.