06/21 - Batch Friday

What 2005-2009 Oscar award film is your favorite?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

thismegan

resting cat face
Reaction score
I just rarely watch stuff. And I just never really felt like there was anything about any of those movies that made me feel like I had to see them. Though, to be fair, I don't even know what 3 of those movies are about.
Crash - Racism/racial tension
The Departed - Mobsters
No Country for Old Men - Psycho hitman gets money back
Slumdog Millionaire - Indian game show contestant
The Hurt Locker - Bomb technician in Iraq

You now understand everything about those movies. Saved you a few hours. :)

TSolo315

SnapNCrackle
Administrator
Reaction score
I just rarely watch stuff. And I just never really felt like there was anything about any of those movies that made me feel like I had to see them. Though, to be fair, I don't even know what 3 of those movies are about.
I've absorbed so much media in my life I'm jaded as fuck and something needs to be pretty special/spectacular for me really enjoy it.

And idk if it's just me but it feels like media in general is just taking less and less risks and becoming more formulaic which results in very little of it being "special."

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Crash - Racism/racial tension
The Departed - Mobsters
No Country for Old Men - Psycho hitman gets money back
Slumdog Millionaire - Indian game show contestant
The Hurt Locker - Bomb technician in Iraq

You now understand everything about those movies. Saved you a few hours. :)
Yay, now I can vote in the poll!

HelloHello

Reaction score
when you guys do screeners at usertesting.com, do they load slowly on your computer? like, does it take a few seconds before you can click a choice?
Yes and the bullets I fill in hop around and change places a lot of the time. Sometimes the screen page refreshes in the midst of it.

• Love
Reactions: thedorchannel

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
How many are we supposed to do?
"Pick the correct answers to questions relating to main living area photos. Please ignore any photos not of a main living area. Must do at least 20 with high accuracy to be considered for the FULL HIT. "

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
And idk if it's just me but it feels like media in general is just taking less and less risks and becoming more formulaic
You mean you don't want to watch the 5th Spiderman reboot in the last 15 years?

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
I've absorbed so much media in my life I'm jaded as fuck and something needs to be pretty special/spectacular for me really enjoy it.

And idk if it's just me but it feels like media in general is just taking less and less risks and becoming more formulaic which results in very little of it being "special."
No, I completely agree. I often feel like nothing really jumps out at me as being "must-see" anymore, and the stuff that tries to do something different in any way always ends up bombing in theaters.

Those particular movies in the poll also were coming out during a time in my life where pretty much all I ever did was work, so aside from stuff that I already knew I wanted to see, I just didn't really care about anything else.

Sailor Ripley

Reaction score
It's seemed like a bad time for movies, but not series. Series 3 of True Detective was pretty great (definitely watch series 1 if you haven't), Chernobyl was absolutely terrifying, Mindhunter does a good job of drama and showcasing David Fincher's talent. Then again I haven't kept up with releases like I used to.

Last edited:
Reactions: aveline

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
Afternoon everyone!

Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Brooklyn Atlantis for work related to 3RWB1RTQDKI5A8FZ1R3Z8TRR7I88PB.
The value of your bonus is: $0.20 USD

Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Joao Vaz for work related to 3CRWSLD91KVTOUQAPFTKDPDADVCMON.
The value of your bonus is: $8.00 USD

The Requester included this note:
You chose B and the other participant chose A.
Your bonus payment is $8.

Yatagarasu

all up in the videos, all on the records, dancin'
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Insanely long instructions on a hit followed by some comprehension questions. The requester has made it so that those insanely long instructions can't be searched via ctrl+f.

Status
Not open for further replies.