• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkC

Stay awhile and listen.
Contributor
Reaction score
I THINK it might be called fleece when it's on the animal still. (Maybe also when it's still all clumped together...)
cool, I don't know much about non-city stuff.

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
Ugh I don't have enough magnesium left I have to go to the store tonight.

When people talk about pill poppers this is not what they usually think.

• Sad
Reactions: jklmnop

HelloHello

Reaction score
D and DOUBLE D . . . laptop overheated in the midst of my $60 Live User Testing . . . so missed that and doubtless much more and after hours of trying there is one screw I can't move which means I can't actually get to the fan (which no doubt needs cleaning) but I've managed to get it up and running with some intermediary steps . . . D HP laptops where you have to take the entire thing apart to get to the fan . . . it's just like my Chrysler, bury the battery behind the headlight assembly and you have to remove the fender to get to it . . . curses!

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
D and DOUBLE D . . . laptop overheated in the midst of my $60 Live User Testing . . . so missed that and doubtless much more and after hours of trying there is one screw I can't move which means I can't actually get to the fan (which no doubt needs cleaning) but I've managed to get it up and running with some intermediary steps . . . D HP laptops where you have to take the entire thing apart to get to the fan . . . it's just like my Chrysler, bury the battery behind the headlight assembly and you have to remove the fender to get to it . . . curses!
First of all, massive design fault in almost all laptops. You should be able to expose and clean the radiator just like RAM or drive covers.

Second of all, use canned air or similar *high* pressure air and blow in the fan exhaust. There is usually a small radiator past the fan where dust and hair clogs - blow it back out through the fan intake.

Also when I use an old laptop I strip it and put new heat transfer material on the heatsink, but that's more than most people would do.

Reactions: HelloHello and GTR

dreamonjaded1

Reaction score
Title: Play a fun iPhone game! (no-retakes) | Accept
Requester: Sorcerers Gold Support [A144B7XBDWB6JA] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$41.00] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.00] [Fast=1.00] [Comm=2.00] [Fair=1.00] [Reviews=1] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 10.00
Duration: 1 day
Available: 2
Description: The game collects photo data of participant's eyes and face to develop eye tracking software.
Qualifications: SorcerersGoldComplete DoesNotExist ; Location EqualTo US

Annnnnd yesterday I switched to a droid after six years.

Last edited:
Reactions: Merovign

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
my periodonist said i don’t have to come back anymore because my mouth has improved enough since my first visit last year. he said just keep it up and then referred me to a general dentist. i feel sad now. i thought i would always be coming back no matter what

dreamonjaded1

Reaction score
Title: Select the proper category for a travel experience | Accept
Requester: Omar Tamer [A2ZOBPT8HADF63] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$null] [Pay=Unrated] [Approval=Unrated] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.50] [Fast=4.40] [Comm=1.00] [Fair=2.60] [Reviews=6] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.02
Duration: 30:00
Available: 1442
Description: Based on the given information, categorize a travel experience
Qualifications: None

2 cents for about two minutes. I did one first to make sure he didn't reject and he didn't. He paid within an hour.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
This is pretty much all I see today:

{"message":"There are no more of these HITs available."}
I know. Even for HITs that aren't checked in my Hit Finder as having been done before or for subjects I don't remember doing before. Must be that gaggle of requesters using the same "HIT submitted" qual when a task is completed so you can't do someone else's HIT from that gaggle.

Reactions: Merovign

HelloHello

Reaction score
First of all, massive design fault in almost all laptops. You should be able to expose and clean the radiator just like RAM or drive covers.

Second of all, use canned air or similar *high* pressure air and blow in the fan exhaust. There is usually a small radiator past the fan where dust and hair clogs - blow it back out through the fan intake.

Also when I use an old laptop I strip it and put new heat transfer material on the heatsink, but that's more than most people would do.
Yep, did the canned air thing before the partial disassembly but until I got closer to the 'bones' of it it didn't work. I really need to be able to get that last screw out of the back so I can take off the keyboard, etc. and get to the fan itself to clean it thoroughly.

Status
Not open for further replies.