06/18 - Sunday Funday

Status
Not open for further replies.

tempo

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Rate descriptions of images | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: The Theater Lab [A3VFPFBLUQLRAD] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 3] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
Not Available
Description: Look at the image. Read a description. State your agreement or disagreement with the description. No prior knowledge or experience is needed.
Time: 1 hour
HITs Available: 8
Reward: $1.40
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; DA1.0- Theater Lab responder In 58, 59, 62, 63; Location EqualTo US;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.21.10

blackpupjean

Reaction score
Well I'm on a register myself now. I was one for 1.5 hours myself last night and it was so busy I was just freaking. Started putting stuff in bags without scanning them first. Had to take them out and start over. I rang up some produce twice and had to void them. I was so nervous. Today isn't going to be much better. Hope I get over this anxiety soon. I hate calling for help cause I don't know how to do something. I guess I'm just very overwhelmed right now.

ElleWoods

Walking in a Turker Wonderland
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: (Speakers with American Accents Only) - Record phrases using a microphone in your own voice at normal volume | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Project Endor (Jamelio) [A25EIGL5N7278I] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.48] [Fast: 4.87] [Comm: 3.25] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 55] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
Not Available
Description: -
Time: 3 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.05
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 1; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 90; Location is US;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.21.10
Coming in hot and heavy now

Reactions: jan

jan

Reaction score
Well I'm on a register myself now. I was one for 1.5 hours myself last night and it was so busy I was just freaking. Started putting stuff in bags without scanning them first. Had to take them out and start over. I rang up some produce twice and had to void them. I was so nervous. Today isn't going to be much better. Hope I get over this anxiety soon. I hate calling for help cause I don't know how to do something. I guess I'm just very overwhelmed right now.
everyone there was new, once, too. Remember, there's nothing wrong with slow and steady. And if someone looks irritated - I'd just tell them you just started (most people are pretty forgiving!)

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
jan @jan is right. But I'd add. before you go in, do some stretches and deep breathing for a few minutes. On the register, find the pace that's you are comfortable with and that let's you do the job correctly the first time. Doing it right the first time will markedly decrease your anxiety now, and you'll gradually get speedier. This all takes practice. And when you need help...ask...for...it. ... And make a point (if and when your can) of smiling as much as you can: believe it or not, your brain will pick up on that, lessening your anxiety even more.

This all takes time, kiddo, and there isn't anyone here or among your co-workers and even for the most part among your customers that isn't on your side!!! ( Vladimir Putin probably isn't on your side but, hey, who give a shit about him. ") )

Status
Not open for further replies.